C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Starter Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Ling Ling
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Starter Solenoid

My 2008 chevrolette corvette has been giving me massive problems lately. First the car didn't start and we figured it was the alternator so we changed that. It worked for a while an now once again it won't start and we found the culprit to be the Starter solenoid it got overheated and loosened out, my question to you guys is there any place you can purchase a solenoid itself. Instead of buying an entire starter system??
Bc Solenoid=like $40 and starter= about $480
Old 03-30-2012, 06:05 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Awhile back a member in Whittier CA went to a starter and alternator repair shop. They modified a new one for him. Try a search or a repair shop and mayber you will get lucky.

Last edited by VET4LES; 04-08-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Any decent alternator/starter repair facility should stock or can order a new solanoid. Just remove the started and take it to them. They'll replace the solenoid for you. It shouldn't cost any more than $20.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 AM
sahibs123
3rd Gear

Your Starter is an electrical motor that rotates your engine to get it turning for running. When you have a starter problem, you may turn the key to start and nothing happens, you may hear a grinding sound while cranking, or you may hear a clicking sound while trying to crank. Our mechanics can repair all types of starter and electrical problems. We can replace your Starter Solenoid in most cases with new, rebuilt or remanufactured, or OEM starters. If you have a starter problem just call Guy’s Automotive and schedule an appointment to have your starter system checked or the starter replaced.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 AM
davekp78
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by sahibs123
Your Starter is an electrical motor that rotates your engine to get it turning for running. When you have a starter problem, you may turn the key to start and nothing happens, you may hear a grinding sound while cranking, or you may hear a clicking sound while trying to crank. Our mechanics can repair all types of starter and electrical problems. We can replace your Starter Solenoid in most cases with new, rebuilt or remanufactured, or OEM starters. If you have a starter problem just call Guy’s Automotive and schedule an appointment to have your starter system checked or the starter replaced.
In London?
Turn the key?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:51 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by dave pawlowski
In London?
Turn the key?
New (non-Corvette owner) member yesterday with 3 posts hawking services.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:43 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by sahibs123
Friggen spammers!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 PM
C6topless
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I did this replacement with a shop in Norwalk, ca ... It ran me about $20 .. I cannot remember the exact name but it is on imperial highway near leffingwell and open 7 days a week . They only deal with alternators and starters ... Really good guys.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Ling Ling
Heel & Toe

Thanks guys I called around and couldn't find anyone in my area that would change just the solenoid, but luckily I did find a shop that had another starter for $70. A lot better than the dealers $460. Works fine now if you running longtubes get a heat shield!!! Saves you a lot of hassle
Old 04-06-2015, 02:27 PM
eman3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ling Ling
Thanks guys I called around and couldn't find anyone in my area that would change just the solenoid, but luckily I did find a shop that had another starter for $70. A lot better than the dealers $460. Works fine now if you running longtubes get a heat shield!!! Saves you a lot of hassle
95k miles and have to replace the starter and solenoid with a $300 cable for a total of $1,000!
Very frustrating.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Starter Solenoid

Quick Reply: C6 Starter Solenoid