C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Vette "active handling"

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Ja's_baby
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Vette "active handling"

the "service active handling" msg on my 2000 Vette recently started flashing, and occasionally the car seems to shut down, which I assume to be from the active handling...what is "active handling", what does servicing involve, and can it be deactivated if its not a vital function??
Old 03-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ja's_baby
the "service active handling" msg on my 2000 Vette recently started flashing, and occasionally the car seems to shut down, which I assume to be from the active handling...what is "active handling", what does servicing involve, and can it be deactivated if its not a vital function??

Do you know how to pull the DIC codes? Search is your friend, so are we but more info is needed to help you.

pm me your phone number and I will try to help you...
Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

AH is described in your owner's manual. If you don't have a manual you can download one for free from the GM Parts House web site.

Bill
Old 03-30-2012, 06:24 AM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Being that your car is a 2000, you may want to spend some time in this thread, especially on the last posting. I'm not sending this to do anything other than make you aware of where your problem "MAY" be heading............
it's not a "hey, the sky is falling" mindset....it's just enlightenment as to what appears to be more and more of the same issue(s)

click here for thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...-early-c5.html

Get notified of new replies

To 2000 Vette "active handling"

Quick Reply: 2000 Vette "active handling"