Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best car wax

Old 02-19-2012, 11:43 AM
itsabigblock
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best car wax

This subjust has probley been talked about, but missed by yours truly,but I was wondering what is the absolute best car wax
thats easyest to use,lasts the longest and provides thr best protection. to use on our cars.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Tim H
Safety Car

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts

I go to Walmart, get a $10 Meguires liquid car wax.
It goes on easy and comes off without and effort or residue powder.
I refuse to wax a car for 8 hours a day with the other stuff.
The following users liked this post:
Dshrop88 (06-23-2016)
Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 PM
shmoky
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try this sub forum of CF. LOTS of info here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-care-discussion-10/

shmoky
Old 02-19-2012, 12:35 PM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 422 Likes on 252 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Z A I N O

http://www.zainostore.com/
Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by itsabigblock
...I was wondering what is the absolute best car wax...
The one you like.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Corvette_1977
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 427SIXPACK
Zaino, hands down.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:14 PM
DeadStang
Instructor

I don't wax them anymore. I started using Dry Wash'N Guard a few years ago on my vintage cars, but then switched to Ultra Luster: http://www.ultraluster.com/ I even used it on this crappy old '93 Explorer that I drive, and it has held up incredibly well all winter (near constant rain for 9 months of the year) on very tired paint.

I tried Zaino, and it was good, but I just don't have the time to devote an entire day to working over a single car. The Ultra Luster is a waterless car wash that has some stuff in it that protects the paint and keeps it shiny and beads water. I use it on the glass and chrome, too. On the glass, it acts like Rain-X.

Last edited by DeadStang; 02-19-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:26 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,540 Likes on 2,156 Posts
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Another vote for ZAINO Great line of products.

Zaino takes no longer than any other polish, sealant or wax. Preparation is the same with any product. Once you have a swirl free finish you can use the Clear Sealant. Apply it and walk away. Requires no buffing. You can do an entire car in about 10 minutes. I like to finish with a spritz of Z8 Grand Finale for a little extra shine. The car looks wet. Great shine and durability
Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Tim H
Safety Car

Originally Posted by capevettes
Another vote for ZAINO Great line of products.

Zaino takes no longer than any other polish, sealant or wax. Preparation is the same with any product. Once you have a swirl free finish you can use the Clear Sealant.
That is simply not true.
I know Zaino is the Corvetter's choice, but when a first timer orders all the stuff he needs to use it and then thinks hes going to the cruise that night he has another thing coming.
With regular wax the only preparation needed is to maybe wash it real quick, dry it off and wax on, wax off and drive.
Please give us the Zaino steps, start to finish and add it up to 10 mins., maybe 10 hours.
Or i'll take the time to post it all myself, I have the time today to look it all up for us.

THREE SIMPLE STEPS to obtain a true Zaino show car finish
Step 1—STRIP THE OLD WAX

Wash the car, going top to bottom, with Dawn Ultra® liquid detergent.
Thoroughly rinse the car with a pressurized hose and spray nozzle. Make sure all detergent soap is gone. Leave Dawn in the kitchen since you'll never use it again on your car.
Dry completely using only clean, soft, absorbent towels.

Step 2—REMOVE CONTAMINANTS AND PREPARE THE SURFACE

Feel all paint surfaces. They should be glassy smooth. Contaminated rough areas are quickly minimized using Zaino Z-18 Claybar™ and a soap and water lubricant. Re-wash and dry the treated areas.
Look for hazy paint, swirl marks or fine scratches. Imperfections are reduced using Zaino's Z-PC Fusion™ paint cleaner and swirl remover.
Add a light coat of Z-AIO™ to all paint as the foundation and bonding agent. Remove with clean, soft towels.

Step 3—APPLY AND REMOVE ZAINO POLISH*
CHOOSE THE RIGHT ZAINO POLISH FOR YOUR VEHICLE'S PAINT
Z-2 PRO™ Show Car Polish is for paint with a clear coat finish—virtually all modern cars.
Z-3™ Show Car Polish is for paint without a clear coat—vintage cars, special aftermarket paint, etc.
Z-5 PRO™ Show Car Polish is just like Z-2, but helps hide swirls and micro scratches in dark color paint.

Spray a little Z-6 Gloss Enhancer™
on your Zaino Polish Applicator. Apply Zaino polish to the paint. Use up/down motions on vertical surfaces, and front/rear (front to back of car) motions on horizontal.
Allow the polish to dry and chemically bond on the entire car for at least fifteen minutes. To test for dry, wipe an area with a finger. Dry polish is slightly powdery and comes off with one stroke, revealing clear dry paint underneath. Low temperature or high humidity can increase drying time up to two to three hours. Remove the dried polish using high quality towels.
When all polish is removed, spray a light coat of Z-6 Gloss Enhancer. Immediately buff dry.

BASIC ZAINO APPLICATION TIPS

THREE SIMPLE STEPS to obtain a true Zaino show car finish
Step 1—STRIP THE OLD WAX

Wash the car, going top to bottom, with Dawn Ultra® liquid detergent.
Thoroughly rinse the car with a pressurized hose and spray nozzle. Make sure all detergent soap is gone. Leave Dawn in the kitchen since you'll never use it again on your car.
Dry completely using only clean, soft, absorbent towels.

Step 2—REMOVE CONTAMINANTS AND PREPARE THE SURFACE

Feel all paint surfaces. They should be glassy smooth. Contaminated rough areas are quickly minimized using Zaino Z-18 Claybar™ and a soap and water lubricant. Re-wash and dry the treated areas.
Look for hazy paint, swirl marks or fine scratches. Imperfections are reduced using Zaino's Z-PC Fusion™ paint cleaner and swirl remover.
Add a light coat of Z-AIO™ to all paint as the foundation and bonding agent. Remove with clean, soft towels.

Step 3—APPLY AND REMOVE ZAINO POLISH*
CHOOSE THE RIGHT ZAINO POLISH FOR YOUR VEHICLE'S PAINT
Z-2 PRO™ Show Car Polish is for paint with a clear coat finish—virtually all modern cars.
Z-3™ Show Car Polish is for paint without a clear coat—vintage cars, special aftermarket paint, etc.
Z-5 PRO™ Show Car Polish is just like Z-2, but helps hide swirls and micro scratches in dark color paint.

Spray a little Z-6 Gloss Enhancer™ on your Zaino Polish Applicator. Apply Zaino polish to the paint. Use up/down motions on vertical surfaces, and front/rear (front to back of car) motions on horizontal.
Allow the polish to dry and chemically bond on the entire car for at least fifteen minutes. To test for dry, wipe an area with a finger. Dry polish is slightly powdery and comes off with one stroke, revealing clear dry paint underneath. Low temperature or high humidity can increase drying time up to two to three hours. Remove the dried polish using high quality towels.
When all polish is removed, spray a light coat of Z-6 Gloss Enhancer. Immediately buff dry.

Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit, $84.70

Last edited by Tim H; 02-19-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,540 Likes on 2,156 Posts
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Tim, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I have been detailing Corvettes for 40 years and Zaino is easier than anything I have ever used. Zaino just spells out on their site the steps needed to make a car look good regardless of what product you are using. If you simply want to wax over a car that has grit and contaminants in the paint you can do that with any product, including Zaino.

To make a car look wet and shiny, without swirls, requires that the surface be washed, clay barred, polished and then protected. It's the same with any product. I can do that on most cars in about 4 hours depending on how much correction the paint needs. Once the paint is where you want it your monthly regimen only takes about an hour.

If you live anywhere near me, bring your car and I would be happy to go over it with you.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:17 PM
dburgjohn
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Zaino, this should settle it

I use Zaino on my Vette for show and my other cars because they are so easy to clean with Zaino on them. But this should show how good it is. You will see the 2nd car easy, can you see the first and closer one?
Old 02-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by 427SIXPACK

Base preparation from 3 years ago. Wash, blow dry, Z8 and go!

Name:  10-17-10008.jpg
Views: 4278
Size:  127.6 KB

Base prep was 4 years prior. Washed blow dry, Z6

Name:  Zaino-vette-smaller-cropped.jpg
Views: 4233
Size:  71.5 KB

Following year...

Name:  newzaino006.jpg
Views: 4265
Size:  62.8 KB
Old 02-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Tim H
Safety Car

Originally Posted by capevettes

If you live anywhere near me, bring your car and I would be happy to go over it with you.
my car don't even deserve Turtlewax!!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 02:55 PM
71redskin
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the best car wax is really not a wax at all but rather a polymer sealant called blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection. it has been proven that sealants actually last longer than carnauba waxes. blackfire has a whole system of products from wash soaps, clays, carnauba wax, waterless washes to quick detailers. all with the same polymers to crosslink onto your paint and extend its protection. find them and many other products at autopiacarcare dot com. there are many products out there that work just as well and are easier to apply than the zaino system
Old 02-19-2012, 08:33 PM
mrmagrath
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Over on the paint forum I recall some interesting opinions on waxing. One was that you should never wax new paint because it needs to cure properly, and could blister or bubble. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Ret.Horsecop13
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Have to agree with the Zaino crowd. My paint is over 30 yrs old (painted by PO in 1980-81?) Zaino makes it look great! Easy on easy off!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
milo30
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You only need to do all the stripping and coats with Zaino once a year I believe is what they state but I find it last much longer. Thing is once you wax it if you use good carwash you don't have to wax it again. I wash, dry and spray the detail spray (I think that is the one) and wipe. Fast and easy.

It has lasted longer than about anything else that I have used and it uses so little wax that a botte lasts forever.

Get notified of new replies

To best car wax

Old 02-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Aw, c'mon...we all know the best wax is whatever's on the discontinued and dented rack at the local flea market! It's most likely guaranteed not to rust, bust or go up hills backwards!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Please! Zaino is not wax!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:14 AM
BKarol
Melting Slicks

Received 483 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by PRNDL
Please! Zaino is not wax!

Don't know why when someone asks about a wax, Zaino is mentioned. If the op truly wants a WAX that is long lasting, best protection, and easy to apply then Collinite 845 or 476 is the way to go. I think every car care forum has a discussion about this product and will outlast other waxes.

The way to get the car to look the best is to do the preparation before you lay down the last coat no matter what you use.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best car wax