Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Original title

Old 02-06-2012, 05:59 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Original title

Hey guys,

It's been 20days since I made my purchase but I have not received original title of the car yet from the dealer.

How long usually take dealer to send me the original title?

I've contacted them several times but they just ignored my calls and e-mails.

They are not Chevy dealer but they are selling very very expensive high end car dealer.

What if they are not sending me the title? if so then what should I do?

This is my first time to experience this issue with any dealer and it sure is really pain in the butt.

Any lawyer in the forum?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here in FL they will not send you the title unless you request it from the DMV
Old 02-06-2012, 06:12 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by GIO-305
Here in FL they will not send you the title unless you request it from the DMV

I bought this car from outer state(TEXAS), I need to have the original title to register the car at California DMV. I've been telling cealer so many times but no reply whatsoever.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:19 PM
outbackfarmer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My experiance has been it aften takes 30 days or more. Both of my last car purchases the titles have taken over 30 days, and there were penalties accessed at the DMV for each day over. I contacted the dealer and in both cases they reignbursed me the penalty.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:22 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by outbackfarmer
My experiance has been it aften takes 30 days or more. Both of my last car purchases the titles have taken over 30 days, and there were penalties accessed at the DMV for each day over. I contacted the dealer and in both cases they reignbursed me the penalty.
Over 30days !! Wow !

Did you purchase your car from outer state? How much did you pay for the penalty if you don't mind asking?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:33 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by beastyz06
I bought this car from outer state(TEXAS), I need to have the original title to register the car at California DMV. I've been telling cealer so many times but no reply whatsoever.
Over 30days !! Wow !

Did you purchase your car from outer state? How much did you pay for the penalty if you don't mind asking?
^^^^ this is funny^^^^

Is this anything like outer limits???...
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Since I work for a dealer here is my take on it. The dealer you bought your car from either traded the car and had to pay it off and hasn't received the title yet.

Or He bought the car from an auto auction and the car was sold title attached(meaning the dealer who was selling didn't have the title) Most auctions give the seller 20-to30 day to turn in the title.

If the car had a payoff on it this can take anywhere from 2 to 7 weeks until they release the title to the purchasing dealer.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Since I work for a dealer here is my take on it. The dealer you bought your car from either traded the car and had to pay it off and hasn't received the title yet.

Or He bought the car from an auto auction and the car was sold title attached(meaning the dealer who was selling didn't have the title) Most auctions give the seller 20-to30 day to turn in the title.

If the car had a payoff on it this can take anywhere from 2 to 7 weeks until they release the title to the purchasing dealer.
Thank you for the info. It was traded car that I have purchased. I've never experienced getting the original title this late. Usually it took about less than 3weeks at the most or maybe I'm wrong.

They have given me temporary license plate good for 60days though. I guess I just have to wait.

What if they don't send me the title(worst case senario) then what step do I take?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Thank you for the info. It was traded car that I have purchased. I've never experienced getting the original title this late. Usually it took about less than 3weeks at the most or maybe I'm wrong.

They have given me temporary license plate good for 60days though. I guess I just have to wait.

What if they don't send me the title(worst case senario) then what step do I take?
Have you called the dealer and asked them to give you an explanation?
If they seem to give you the run-around then I would be concerned.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Have you called the dealer and asked them to give you an explanation?
If they seem to give you the run-around then I would be concerned.
I've called the person in charge but she is never there. I asked for manager, he told me that I need to resolve that issue with title dept.

I left several messeges with e-mails but no reply whatsoever. I'm starting to get worried. But only good thing so far is there are not little used car dealer.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:27 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

have your state DMV run the vin and see what liens are on it,did you finance it or pay cash?,your bank could help you,or the dealer needs to be registered and licensed,30-60 days id normal in il
Old 02-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Allzwell
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

What dealer in TX?

That sounds like an awful long time to wait.

I bought mine from out of state (AZ) and had it in 2 weeks
Old 02-07-2012, 12:52 AM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
have your state DMV run the vin and see what liens are on it,did you finance it or pay cash?,your bank could help you,or the dealer needs to be registered and licensed,30-60 days id normal in il
I paid cash.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:55 AM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Allzwell
What dealer in TX?

That sounds like an awful long time to wait.

I bought mine from out of state (AZ) and had it in 2 weeks
You are right, my previous original title of the cars were sent to me within 2weeks or before the cars got here.

Dealer name is Straightline Auto Group. They are knowned as high end used car dealer.

I guess I just have to wait.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:28 AM
palindrome1H
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right, my previous original title of the cars were sent to me within 2weeks or before the cars got here.

Dealer name is Straightline Auto Group. They are knowned as high end used car dealer.

I guess I just have to wait.
Sounds like Crookedline Auto Group instead
Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

I got several new cars this year and it took from 3-8 weeks to get the title, that is in PA.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:41 AM
RobMorgan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If the dealer was getting the title transfered into your name, 3 weeks is still less than normal from my experience in Texas. If they were not transfering it to your name and had it, they would (should have) just handed it to you when you bought the car. It sounds to me like they either had to pay off a lien or they are getting it transfered or both - but you have the car and a receipt, so I would not be worried in just 3 weeks.

Get notified of new replies

To Original title

Old 02-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Californiapch
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I checked out their web site. Seem to be a decent volume dealer with lots of high end cars. I think things will be ok, just keep on them to find out the progress of the title.

Brian
Old 02-07-2012, 01:20 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by RobMorgan
If the dealer was getting the title transfered into your name, 3 weeks is still less than normal from my experience in Texas. If they were not transfering it to your name and had it, they would (should have) just handed it to you when you bought the car. It sounds to me like they either had to pay off a lien or they are getting it transfered or both - but you have the car and a receipt, so I would not be worried in just 3 weeks.
Thank you for your comments!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Californiapch
I checked out their web site. Seem to be a decent volume dealer with lots of high end cars. I think things will be ok, just keep on them to find out the progress of the title.

Brian
You are right, maybe I'm over reacting a little.

Thank you for your comments guys !!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] Original title