Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

adding sub and amp to 04Z

Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding sub and amp to 04Z

Hey guys i'm going to be adding a sub n amp to my 04 z06. I will be using the stock head unit. I've tried searching through the audio section and read that i can not use a high-low converter on the speakers due to the bose processor not sending low frequencies to the speakers..Atleast thats what they said about the rear speakers..i dont believe my 04z has rear speakers?? i never looked lol...

I saw someone mentioning using the SVEN2...http://www.amazon.com/Peripheral-SVE.../dp/B000GAWS4A

Does anyone have any tips or write ups on how to accomplish putting a sub n amp in a c5z with using the stock headunit? any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Get yourself an AOEM-Vet1 from Dennis

I believe he has a link with DIY instructions, but it's pretty simple. He'll be back once CES is over.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Badd LS6
Drifting

i was reading up on that as well..isn't that just if i wanna swap headunits?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

roem is to swap
aoem is to add an amp
Old 01-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Ahhhh..is there any write ups on how to install?
Old 01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

its literally plug and play but there may be some floating around
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Dash Removal DIY. Pull out the radio, plug in the AOEM, reassemble dash

The AOEM plugs in between the radio and original wiring harness, it will give you 4 RCA line-level connections and an amp trigger wire.

Amp needs new power wire run to battery (fused please), and ground to nearest convenient point (kits avail for $20).

Run 'trigger wire' and 1 or 2 RCA cords from radio to amp (depending on setup).

All that's left is

Do you have the sub/box/amp yet?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Badd LS6
Drifting

sweet i thought i would of had to do some wiring.. I'm not new to installing systems.. Just wasn't too sure about the vettes and read some horror stories on here. I already ran the power wire and ground.. Just gotta do the AOEM and trigger wire..

I have a sony 1200 and a 12" kicker L5 that i will be using for now..Going to replace the L5 with a L7. I'll be sure to add pics once i'm done .. hopefully i have room left over in my trunk with the sub,amp and 2 nitrous bottles
Old 01-13-2012, 11:28 AM
raydawg357
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Once you pull your OEM radio, the power harness is made up of 3 sections. In the bottom section of the harness, you will find your rear speaker wires. They are: Brown (RL+) and yellow (RL-), Blue (RR+) and Lt Blue (RR-) These are the the wires you need to tap into for your signal. When splicing into wires I like using the Military Splice method. You will have to tap into your fuse box for the remote turn-on power for your amp.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:01 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Badd LS6
sweet i thought i would of had to do some wiring.. I'm not new to installing systems.. Just wasn't too sure about the vettes and read some horror stories on here. I already ran the power wire and ground.. Just gotta do the AOEM and trigger wire..

I have a sony 1200 and a 12" kicker L5 that i will be using for now..Going to replace the L5 with a L7. I'll be sure to add pics once i'm done .. hopefully i have room left over in my trunk with the sub,amp and 2 nitrous bottles
The center tub is perfect for a sub, if that's not where you stashed the nitrous.

Many people mount their amps directly to the rear vertical wall in the trunk, it's a great spot.

Originally Posted by raydawg357
Once you pull your OEM radio, the power harness is made up of 3 sections. In the bottom section of the harness, you will find your rear speaker wires. They are: Brown (RL+) and yellow (RL-), Blue (RR+) and Lt Blue (RR-) These are the the wires you need to tap into for your signal. When splicing into wires I like using the Military Splice method. You will have to tap into your fuse box for the remote turn-on power for your amp.
The AOEM interface will do all of this for him

Get notified of new replies

To adding sub and amp to 04Z

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: adding sub and amp to 04Z