C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeff Hardy Memorial Fund for the NCM

Old 12-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Default Jeff Hardy Memorial Fund for the NCM

I have set up a Memorial Fund with the National Corvette Museum in honor of our friend and fellow Corvette enthusiast Jeff Hardy. For those that did not know Jeff he has helped hundreds of people find the Corvette of their dreams thru his simple but very effective site located here http://jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php . The site was always free to everyone and he worked many hrs. to make sure that it was always up to date and working properly. Jeff was a friend of mine and helped me with my own website on many occasions. Please read the info. below from Megan K. Meredith at the Museum as to how you can contribute to his Memorial Fund and let’s make sure that Jeff is always remembered for his dedication to the Corvette lifestyle. You can give what you can and we will see how we can best use the money after 30 days.

We are sorry for the loss of your friend and fellow Corvette enthusiast, Jeff Hardy. We also thank you for choosing to support the NCM while honoring him with a brick. Our brick costs are $2600 ($2500 for members) for a large and $650 ($600 for members) for a medium. We also have a granite bench available for $5,000. You are welcome and encouraged to submit your wording/art at this time, with the understanding it will be filed until payment is received in full. You are also welcome to email a request of the fund status at any time, with the understanding that the details of payment will not be provided for the sake of privacy to others.

Typically a group will have a fund open for approximately 30 days to allow word to spread and giving ample time for payments to be received and processed through mail and phone. That is simply a flexible guideline and we can shorten or lengthen that time frame as needed. Once we reach full payment for the selected brick size, you will be notified that we are processing the artwork (or request you provide if it has not been received by that time). Or, after 30 days, if the fund hasn't been very active and the difference not achieved, you can reevaluate the size originally selected.

You can elect for all payments to go to you and mail us one payment totaling the cost, or we will receive them directly. Please be sure any payments are made out to either 'National Corvette Museum' or 'NCM' with Jeff Hardy fund' in the memo portion. We can also do phone processing with credit card payments. These contributions are donations to the NCM and tax deductible as allowable by law.

Contributions can be made by the following processes:
• phoning myself directly at 270-467-8836 or the NCM main line 800-538-3883
• mail contribution to National Corvette Museum Attn: Brick Program – 350 Corvette Dr., Bowling Green, KY 42101
• online granite bench purchase (will not be charged full amount of $5,000), enter contribution amount for processing and ‘Jeff Hardy memorial fund’ in the special instructions box on the shipping summary page
• link to order online or form to print off and mail in - http://www.corvettemuseum.com/brick/index.shtml

As the primary contact, you will give approval on the brick once the proofing process is complete. Once approved, the brick will be cut and placed. When completed, you will receive an email with the location along with a photo of the brick. The actual process from proof to completion can go as quickly as eight weeks, all depending on proofing and approval.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to working with you and from hearing how you would like to move forward.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

TTT Please.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Wow. Sad to hear. I saw a post just a few days ago from someone stating that he was getting ready to update the site to 2012.

RIP Jeff, you TRULY will be missed!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
careyj1inalamo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rick,

Very sorry to hear about Jeff. I had never met Jeff, but his website is the only reason I was able to find and purchase a 2011 ZR1 last month. Yesterday I went out to Jeff's site and it didn't work, I wanted to see how many Black 2011 were still remaining.

I will call NCM on Tuesday with a donation.

Thank you
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 AM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I have made my small donation and sent it on to the Museum. Thank You Jeff Hardy. I and many others have used your site over and over. RIP...
Old 12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I'll call the NCM today (Tuesday) with my support.
David
Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 AM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

The best memorial would be to keep his website going, in his name of course.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by arcticblast
I'll call the NCM today (Tuesday) with my support.
David
Thanks so much David.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by PaulB
I have made my small donation and sent it on to the Museum. Thank You Jeff Hardy. I and many others have used your site over and over. RIP...
Thank you Paul.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by careyj1inalamo
Hi Rick,

Very sorry to hear about Jeff. I had never met Jeff, but his website is the only reason I was able to find and purchase a 2011 ZR1 last month. Yesterday I went out to Jeff's site and it didn't work, I wanted to see how many Black 2011 were still remaining.

I will call NCM on Tuesday with a donation.

Thank you
Thank you so much.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:03 AM
0Airbrush Inc
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

RIP Jeff. Your dedication to helping others will be missed.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

TTT Please
Old 12-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

I am asking for your contribution to help place a nice Memorial Brick at the NCM for Jeff. He helped us all and ask nothing in return so we need to repay is generosity. Give what you can but please help us out.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Ttt
Old 12-14-2011, 08:11 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by sprtplt
The best memorial would be to keep his website going, in his name of course.
I think it would be both generous and appropriate to do both---keep the site going, AND have a brick at the place that Jeff Hardy symbolized in the best possible way.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:06 PM
TexasMadMan
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rick:

Done. Just spoke to Megan at the Museum. She was very helpful.

Does anyone have a picture of what the memorial bricks at the museum look like?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:05 PM
careyj1inalamo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donation Done, call Megan or talk with Pam, Pam answers the phone.

Takes about 2 minutes. 1-800-538-3883.

I would love to hear about when and why Jeff started the website and learn more about Jeff.

Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To Jeff Hardy Memorial Fund for the NCM

Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by TexasMadMan
Rick:

Done. Just spoke to Megan at the Museum. She was very helpful.

Does anyone have a picture of what the memorial bricks at the museum look like?
Think you kind sir.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by careyj1inalamo
Donation Done, call Megan or talk with Pam, Pam answers the phone.

Takes about 2 minutes. 1-800-538-3883.

I would love to hear about when and why Jeff started the website and learn more about Jeff.

Thank you
Thanks so much.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Only $250.00 raised so far. Somewhat disappointing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jeff Hardy Memorial Fund for the NCM