Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

options for spot free rinse

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default options for spot free rinse

Are there any options out there for spot free rinse that doesnt cost 3 bills? The mr clean contraption looks good but it looks like they stopped making the filters for them. Or I cant find them. I also found a revolutionizer that screws on the end of garden hose that is suppose to be good for 20 washes. Anyone tried these?
The water here is hard and sucks bad. Ive got a toro leaf blower on order but I would think the spot free rinse would make the process even easier. I just dont want to spend 300 or more bucks for the added convenience. thanks for input
Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Mr Clean was hit or miss, you can add a filter to your hose which removes alot of the minerals that cause water spotting, or break out a bit more and get the CrSpotless System.

http://www.autogeek.net/clinhofianda.html
or
http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-water-systems.html
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

So did the mr clean device stop making filters? I like the cost of the one you posted, but from reading it exchanges calcium and magnesium ions for sodium ions, which will still leave spots. Other than mr clean, there seams to not be many cheaper options. Maybe I will try the revolutionizer. If its 2 bucks a rinse, its pretty cheap considering I dont have to lay out $400 on top of this.

Any other input would be appreciaed. Im just going to use it for the final rinse, so theres got to be a cheaper way.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 PM
jimmybobby
Drifting

hihoSilver,
I can't find the thread but gparacer1 had a thread years ago with pictures on his set up. The bucket was located higher than the pressure washer so I assume gravity and the suction from the PW were sufficient. I ended up buying a CRSpotless, but this would be less expensive. You could also use distilled water and ONR - I've done that a couple of times.

Here's the PM that he sent me.
"The only pics I have are the ones on that thread. But in a nutshell......I got a 5 gallon home depot bucket and got a plastic swamp cooler drain and put it on the hole I made in the bottom of the bucket. Then you get an old garden hose with the end that fits into the pressure washer and cut off about 6 feet. You connect the non threaded end to the bucket and the other to the washer. Then pour in distilled water and sometimes it takes a few seconds to prime the pump.
Hope that helps."
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 AM
ryoder
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

I already have a water softener and it is plumbed into my hoses outside as well. Will this make a CR Spotless system last longer since the calcium has already been replaced with sodium by the water softener?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ryoder
I already have a water softener and it is plumbed into my hoses outside as well. Will this make a CR Spotless system last longer since the calcium has already been replaced with sodium by the water softener?
certainly shouldn't hurt it, but likely still some other minerals to remove to make water as clean as possible
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Greg Nichols
Advanced

The best bang for your buck is to buy the CR spotless from Costco. You get an extra refill of resin for free.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

Cheers,
GREG

Get notified of new replies

To options for spot free rinse

Quick Reply: options for spot free rinse