C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally! Change your gauge cluster's backlight color with LED @ PFYC-PartsForYourCar

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Redshift
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Finally! Change your gauge cluster's backlight color with LED @ PFYC-PartsForYourCar

The killer new product you have been waiting for!

INTRODUCTORY OFFER - from now until Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011, save 10% on these LED kits with promo code LEDMYDASH!

For over 10 years, our customers have been asking us, "How can I change the color that my car's speedometer and gauge cluster lights up at night?" For over 10 years we have sadly had to say, "Sorry, it's not possible without a lot of custom work, or maybe not at all." Those days are over.

Tired of the dim lighting in your vehicle's stock speedometer? Got a light burned out? We have the best solution: LEDs! Upgrade your speedometer to virtually everlasting and very bright LEDs or just put them in and change the color of your stock dash.

Do it Yourself

This can be an easy upgrade for your speedometer. Some are as easy as a twist in / twist out bulb swap. Replace your old bulbs with the latest LED technology and never replace them again. These LED are capable of lasting between 25,000 and 100,000 hours of use. Replace them once, then never again.

Get the LED advantage

Each of these have been specially designed to give the best color and lighting specific to speedometers. The manufacturer is an expert and OEM-quality manufacturer of speedometer faces and now bulbs. These LEDs have a higher light output, less energy consumption and operate 75% cooler than a traditional light bulb already installed in your dash. Get the best available!

We even offer installation if you are hesitant to do this yourself or can't find a shop who can or will do it for you!

For more information, kit selection, and pricing, please click below:

----------------

LED Light Upgrade for Factory Speedometer and Gauge Cluster

----------------

To see a full line-up of our new 2005-2011 Corvette C6 items, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our 2005-2011 Corvette C6 sales and specials, please click here.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
thedigitel
Pro

Lol, what this ad fails to mention is that all you're buying is 25 surface-mount LEDs which require soldering. Not even any pictures of them on a Corvette?
Old 12-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Redshift

Originally Posted by thedigitel
Lol, what this ad fails to mention is that all you're buying is 25 surface-mount LEDs which require soldering to the instrument panel board. Not even any pictures of them on a Corvette? Pffft
If I were to put the entire contents of the product details on here it would be too long and nobody would read it. That's why I put the general details and then ask you to click for more information. Yes, soldering is required. It's not difficult and many people know how to do it. If you can't, don't want to, or can't find someone who will, we offer installation service.

There are so many combinations of cars out there that these will fit that its impossible to have photos on all the different gauge clusters. It's a fairly new product. I'm sorry that we don't yet have photos on a C6, but you can probably use your imagination to think what the color would look like if you try really hard
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Redshift

I just added purple and yellow to the color selections. Those have an additional one week lead time to ship after you order, but the original four colors of red, green, blue, and white are in stock at all times and ship right away.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Venom_C6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please pm me instructions. If I think I can install these I will buy right away. Also the most plug and play would be best.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Redshift

Originally Posted by Venom_C6
Please pm me instructions. If I think I can install these I will buy right away. Also the most plug and play would be best.
The instructions for a C6 are to remove the gauge cluster, unsolder the existing LEDs from the cluster board, and solder the replacements in place. We offer an installation service if you don't want to or can't do this yourself. We also offer different color gauge faces as a way to change the interior more to your liking. Here is some info (lots of other colors are available, but I'm only showing 3 of them here):

----------------

C6 Corvette Colored Gauge Faces at PFYC-PartsForYourCar

Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Jammer
Race Director

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Do you also offer gauge face replacement? And do you have a $price for this? Thanks....

Originally Posted by Redshift
The instructions for a C6 are to remove the gauge cluster, unsolder the existing LEDs from the cluster board, and solder the replacements in place. We offer an installation service if you don't want to or can't do this yourself. We also offer different color gauge faces as a way to change the interior more to your liking. Here is some info (lots of other colors are available, but I'm only showing 3 of them here):
Old 02-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Redshift

Originally Posted by Jammer
Do you also offer gauge face replacement? And do you have a $price for this? Thanks....
Yes, that's what I posted right above your post - click the images showing the different color faces and you can see all the colors available plus pricing.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Jammer
Race Director

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, what I meant was changing out the gauge faces themselves, not the LED's. Do you offer that service?

Originally Posted by Redshift
Yes, that's what I posted right above your post - click the images showing the different color faces and you can see all the colors available plus pricing.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Redshift

Originally Posted by Jammer
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, what I meant was changing out the gauge faces themselves, not the LED's. Do you offer that service?
Yes, if you click the gauge faces above in my post, you will see the colors offered and also that we offer an installation service for those, too. So you could get everything done at once if you wanted - LED and faces to a different color.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
T's 2009 Vette
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the LED's 12 Volt or is there some sort of resistor involved?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Redshift

I will find out and get back to you. I do know that no resistors are required, so they match the original bulb in voltage requirement, but don't know for sure what that voltage is. Something tells me it may be lower than 12V but until I verify I can't say for sure.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Redshift

I've confirmed that they are, in fact, 12V LEDs.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally! Change your gauge cluster's backlight color with LED @ PFYC-PartsForYourCar

Quick Reply: Finally! Change your gauge cluster's backlight color with LED @ PFYC-PartsForYourCar