Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

kerbeck ??

Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
harley7453
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kerbeck ??

HELLO

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A CORVETTE FROM KERBECK , HAS ANYONE HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH THEM ,AND HOW WAS IT.....ANY INFO WOULD BE A GREAT HELP...

THANKS...
Old 11-28-2011, 08:23 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Big volume dealer - supporter of The Forum - huge inventory - fast order turn around - knowledgeable folks - Corvette connected. 'Pricey fees' compared to some.

I have purchase from them 3 times but also have purchased from other dealers when they valued my business more or when a trade was involved - Kerbeck is not the most eager trade-in dealer in my experience.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 PM
jw38
Team Owner

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14,'18,'21

Since you're in Massachusetts, take a drive up to Nashua, NH, and see Tommy Jr at MacMulkin Chevrolet. You won't need or want to go anywhere else!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 PM
AeroJim
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by jw38
Since you're in Massachusetts, take a drive up to Nashua, NH, and see Tommy Jr at MacMulkin Chevrolet. You won't need or want to go anywhere else!
best car buying experience I've ever had.. No BS no pressure, very competative pricing plus all their corvettes are kept indoors until sold..
Old 11-28-2011, 10:10 PM
sgp99
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Prices are fair for in-stock cars. However, they will not give you a reasonable or fair market price for a trade-in. This was my experience about two weeks ago. There was no negotiating with Kerbeck. Either you took their deal or walked away. I did purchase a 2012 from Tommy Jr. at MacMulkin. He gave me a very good price and a great trade-in for my 2007.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 AM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I've purchased from Kerbeck and been completely satisfied. They were completely up front about their fees, and even with their fees they were lower than I could buy from elsewhere at that time. With their inventory they had the car that I was looking for.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Nexus9
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Kerbeck

I just bought a 2012 GS convertible from Sam Kelly at Kerbeck. I was hesitant at first, thinking that with such big advertised discounts, it was either going to be a classic bait and switch when I arrived, or a no-service meat market - in and out. It was niether. Everyone I had contact with there was very concerned about my "total satisfaction", and I have to say, exceeded my expectations. I wouldn't hesitate to refer someone to Sam or buy another car there myself.

Jon Ganzer
Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,006 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Chances are, you will find the exact car you are looking for in-stock and competitively priced at Kerbeck. I read with interest the experiences at the other dealers, however if you are looking for a specific color/optioned car and the other dealer has to order it and wait weeks for it's arrival or just picking the car up at Kerbeck, that speaks volumes. It really doesn't matter how many cars a dealer has in stock if they don't have the exact one you are looking for and from my experience when shopping, Kerbeck always had the exact optioned and color vette that I was looking for on their lot.

Last edited by direct007; 11-29-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:55 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

I have purchased one from them and 10 from smaller dealerships, nothing wrong with them, the smaller dealership just takes care of me better because of the amount of business I do with them. But if you want a ZR1 you have to go to a big dealership, I guess GM thinks a large dealership will do a better job, which of course is not always the case.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
paint it black vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Big volume dealer - supporter of The Forum - huge inventory - fast order turn around - knowledgeable folks - Corvette connected. 'Pricey fees' compared to some.

I have purchase from them 3 times but also have purchased from other dealers when they valued my business more or when a trade was involved - Kerbeck is not the most eager trade-in dealer in my experience.
very true. trade in on my s-10 they offered me less than 1/3 of what it was worth which killed the buying of a vette from them at that time. they then started giving 20 per cent off retail on the last year of the c-5's my 04 coupe so i didn't need to trade in and bought my vette. sold the s-10 for 700 over trade in value later. they do know corvettes and are a bit arrogant in thinking that you dont anything and believe what they say is gospel on trade ins. do not go there unprepared. by that i mean knowing value of what your buying and or might trade in and be prepared to walk away from a deal you dont like.

Last edited by paint it black vette; 12-02-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,426 Likes on 774 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I bought my 2006 from Kerbeck. I ordered it and did museum delivery. At the time they had the best deals. I bought it outright with no trades so I can't speak for that area. I dealt with Dave Salvatore. He took care of everything. All I had to do was get to Bowling Green and drive home.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 268 Likes on 197 Posts

Awful!

March of this year I have filled out their (kerbecks) online contact form (I live in FL) to factory order a new GS, no reply. I have emailed them, lo and behold one week later some one phones me back. He asked me what I wanted exactly, told him on the phone, he said he'd get back to me, and never heard from them again. I ended up ordering it from maxie price in Atlanta, their service was awesome.

Like the local dealers in FL, they are not interested if they cannot sell you a car from their pre existing stock.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:48 PM
marcsf
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Kerbeck experience. Ordered my 2012 ZR1 from then and have been very impressed with knowledge, prices and lack of pressure. Took a trip to them and was equally impressed with their inventory.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:07 PM
MVPJEFF106
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

No Comment!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by harley7453
HELLO

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A CORVETTE FROM KERBECK , HAS ANYONE HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH THEM ,AND HOW WAS IT.....ANY INFO WOULD BE A GREAT HELP...

THANKS...
I almost bought a CG Z06 from them. I found a local dealer that sold me a similiarly equipped Black Z06 for 3k better plus I would have had to pay to have it shipped from kerbeck in NJ.

Kerbeck was not that cooperative. Main issue I did not like about kerbeck was they required to pay them State and Local sales tax up front in addition to the purchase price. In missouri, This would have amounted to about 7% of 61k.

I just thought that was a bunch of BS, and then having to make sure Kerbeck would pay state of missouri so I would not be double dipped on the sales tax.

I also I had another car i sold for 37k about 2 months earlier. This reduced the amount taxed from 61k for my Z less 37k to net 24k, then trying to get that 7% of 37k refunded by the state after paying that to Kerbeck would have been a supreme hassle. In missouri you have 180 days to apply the amount you sold your prior car for against your new car purchase so long as you have a notarized bill of sale for the old car you sold.

If I were buying from a dealer not close by, I would go straight to Wes Milby from Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield MO. From what I have seen and heard they are much better and he does not have that silly kerbeck requirement on payment up front on sales tax.

Kerbeck is high volume, ok but not best price - if you are from New Jersey they are probably ok.

If Kerbeck has not changed their policy on sales tax for out of state buyers being paid to the at time of purchase steer clear of Kerbeck for their sales tax pre-payment policy.

Good luck on your hunt for a Z

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 12-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:46 AM
jluke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, I guess I'm in a position to defend Kerbeck and their business dealings.

I have purchased six new Corvettes from Kerbeck during the past eleven years. Each buying experience was professional and pleasant. I did not get nor do I think I should have received the Kelly Blue Book private party excellent price when I did a trade-in. Many here on the forum always think their car is worth much more than it really is. That is why there are different prices. A private party deal is exactly that, you are selling to a particular party, the so called end user. There is no factoring in any cost related to storing the vehicle, detailing the vehicle or paying some interest on the vehicle while it sits on the lot. How many of us can afford having any number of cars sit in our driveway awaiting a buyer. The trade in is really helping us to dispose of a vehicle which we no longer want in favor of a new vehicle we do want. Simple as that.

In reference to their fees, they have charged me tax and tags for the state of Pennsylvania. They have always over estimated the fees and I receive a refund check within three weeks. Their paperwork is prepared in a very timly fashion and I receive my registration and title quickly. I have purchased any number of cars from dealers here in Pennsylvania and I can honestly tell you they are slooow on the paperwork trail.

In closing, I realize a deal with Kerbeck may not work for you but I am one happy, satisfied long term customer. I bought a 2011 Grand Sport coupe from George two months ago. I traded my 2008 Z06. I received a very fair trade price and with the rebates from GM I have a beautiful supersonic blue Corvette in my garage. As Chip Miller always said, " Life Is Good."
Old 12-04-2011, 09:30 AM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 792 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by gsflyer2011
Awful!

March of this year I have filled out their (kerbecks) online contact form (I live in FL) to factory order a new GS, no reply. I have emailed them, lo and behold one week later some one phones me back. He asked me what I wanted exactly, told him on the phone, he said he'd get back to me, and never heard from them again.
EXACT same experience here, never got back to me, no excuse for that
. I went to Tommy Jr at MacMulkin, no nonsense dealer.
I also like the good things people have to say about Rick at Hendrick Atlanta. AND he always has 150+ vettes in stock.
I'm not paying any dealer sales tax, except for the folks in my home state.

Get notified of new replies

To kerbeck ??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kerbeck ??