C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics/diagrams of the front undertray

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 PM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Pics/diagrams of the front undertray

I bought my car with a missing front air dam. I would like to see pics of the wheel well plastic liners, undertrays for the front and where the front splitter attaches.

I believe that most of these are broken and missing pieces on my car, but can't be sure until I compare what is on my car to what it should be.

Diagrams or pics should do it. A google search for images was not very usefull and pretty much everything here is pics of a front lip, not the view from under the car.

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Jimsan
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the exploded parts drawings from GM, as I had to replace the right front fender extension (plastic) after I hit a parking stop and cracked the piece. I can't attach the two pages to this message, but I do have e-mail and will send the pictures. Please advise your e-mail address
Regards
Jim
Old 09-24-2011, 12:12 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

The center piece (called the "Radiator Air Lower Deflector) attaches to the radiator support via three bolts and two push pins. The bolts are easy to get to and are located across the top. In order to access the push pins and extract those, you must take the front fascia loose across the bottom. After removing the 3 bolts and the two push pins on the ends, grasp the deflector with both hands and rotate it (bottm toward the back of the car) off the radiator support. To install a new one, just reverse the procedure.

The two short pieces to the left and right of the center piece are called "Front Bumper Valance Panel(s)". They are easily removed and replaced. They simply bolt up to the wheel house extension on either side and the bolts are easy to get to.

There are two push pins that connect the three pieces together that are easily removed/installed.

If you can get access to a service manual for your car, the replacement procedures are described in detail along with illustrations.

I changed all three pieces on my '08 coupe in about 45 minutes.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 AM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

I think more than just the air damn is missing... Even inside the fender wells, it seems as if it's a little bit broken and missing pieces in there.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,363 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by EyeMaster
I think more than just the air damn is missing... Even inside the fender wells, it seems as if it's a little bit broken and missing pieces in there.
You may be correct, need to check it out.
But there are some sharp edges and funny looking corners in the wheel wells totally stock. A friend cut her hand wiping out the wheel wells for a concours, I checked and mine are the same.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Jimsan
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Diagrams sent as e-mail attachment as I am too stupid to be able to attach anything to a message on this forum.

Please check your e-mail, I believe this will help you figure out what is needed and how it all goes back together.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You should be able to find the exploded views here;

http://www.compnine/index.php
Old 09-28-2011, 09:33 AM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

Checked my email, thanks! I appreciate it.

Get notified of new replies

To Pics/diagrams of the front undertray

Quick Reply: Pics/diagrams of the front undertray