Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Tips for taking it to the track

Old 09-22-2011, 02:13 PM
CF Editor
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips for taking it to the track

Hey guys, one of our new contributors just wrote a novice guide to going to your first autox/track event. Mind letting me know what you think of it?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/c5/fiv...topiccnews.php
Old 09-22-2011, 09:06 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by CF Editor
Hey guys, one of our new contributors just wrote a novice guide to going to your first autox/track event. Mind letting me know what you think of it?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/c5/fiv...topiccnews.php
For a primer, it's OK;however there's really no competition for first, second or whatever when we hit the track--just A,B and C(novices) who usually move up to B later in the day. Wear comfortable clothing, bring a stop watch, a camera and something to write with. Ask to ride with someone who appears to be a good driver, ask questions, leave your hood up after a run and don't apply the parking brake. Take a torque wrench, some cleaner, paper towels. It's endless.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:55 PM
pitchadude
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

After my first time at autocross I would say walk the track and diagram it. Study it just before you run and just have fun. You will meet easy going people and some that just are not that friendly. Be not discouraged though, as the ones that do come over and speak will be so very helpful. Just listen. Then when you beat a brand new Mustang on your first time out like me....you will never forget it ! The ole C4 still has some speed left. But remember when you go back you may get embarrassed like I did when a Nissan Leaf came out and beat half the cars that was there. The best advice I got was fix the driver first.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 388 Likes on 193 Posts

I won my first autocross....in someone elses car.....
Old 11-10-2011, 06:16 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 387 Likes on 242 Posts

Didn't mention anything about trackday insurance. Lelandwest Ins. covers Corvettes @ HDPE's.

Get notified of new replies

To Tips for taking it to the track

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Tips for taking it to the track