C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 DBW Throttle Body on an LS1?

Old 09-04-2011, 12:20 PM
OneslowZ
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 DBW Throttle Body on an LS1?

Anyone running a LS2 DBW throttle body on their LS1? I see they make adapters for mounting and corvette central sells a wiring conversion. Im just seeing what everyone has done and if it has any benefits? Let me know! Thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 02:02 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

WHY ?? No real benefits from going to a larger T-Body UNLESS you have:
Larger than stock cubes--Consistantly run it above 6200 RPM's or have a Huge cam
You would however benefit from getting yours professionally ported which adds 3-8 RWHP and greatly improves throttle response--
Old 09-04-2011, 05:54 PM
OneslowZ
Drifting

i will be doing a head and cam package (Cartek 3x heads 2x Cam) with a BBK intake
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Qwik01
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
Larger than stock cubes--Consistantly run it above 6200 RPM's or have a Huge cam
You would however benefit from getting yours professionally ported which adds 3-8 RWHP and greatly improves throttle response--

I hear it hurts performance more than it helps. Plus you will lose some low end torque. Why not just get the stock one ported and polished? I could tell a difference in throttle response.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:35 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really? maybe JUST a TB is pretty pointless but I have a feeling your talking the whole system.
Not like a FAST 90 can give up to 20hp over an LS6? I guess that intake is just for larger cubes? Huge cam doesn't mean anything even an intake/Tb is good for mild cams. And the "pull" from the power gain is throughout the powerband(not just above 6200rpm) FAST doesn't choke out as early as a LS6 either.

OP read up on this bud, go with a FAST intake if you have heads,cam in your future build

http://ls1tech.com/forums/7248658-post10.html

Tblu92, not to belittle you by any means, just want the correct info out there, and maybe follow up on this thread to give you some reassurance to what I said. Theres many many out there,this one is just currently going at the moment

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...-over-ls6.html

Last edited by TriplBlk; 09-05-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:30 AM
OneslowZ
Drifting

trible black: I agree the FAST stuff is good but not good enough to drop $1k+. Plus with all the complaints so far about their new 102 and the fitment problems on the C5. Im not going to try and give them money. Their solution is to cut the car or shim the cradle who the hell says that?

So pretty much stick with my plan and get a stock unit ported and polished? Dont worry about getting a fancy t-body unless its for a steal.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:03 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Originally Posted by OneslowZ
trible black: I agree the FAST stuff is good but not good enough to drop $1k+. Plus with all the complaints so far about their new 102 and the fitment problems on the C5. Im not going to try and give them money. Their solution is to cut the car or shim the cradle who the hell says that?

So pretty much stick with my plan and get a stock unit ported and polished? Dont worry about getting a fancy t-body unless its for a steal.
I was more suggesting a FAST 90 or 92 (prolly around 800 for a complete setup) They're not made anymore but they pop up from time to time.

But if you can't do that then have your LS6 intake ported along with your TB.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:07 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,038 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I'd get your LS6 intake modified by TPIS to accept a 90mm ported throttle body.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

"really? maybe JUST a TB is pretty pointless but I have a feeling your talking the whole system "
??? what ? have no idea what you are saying ?????

"Not like a FAST 90 can give up to 20hp over an LS6? I guess that intake is just for larger cubes? Huge cam doesn't mean anything even an intake/Tb is good for mild cams"
Who said anything about a manifold or Fast?? Not the poster--He asked about putting a LS2 TB onto a LS1 engine--that's all !!

" And the "pull" from the power gain is throughout the powerband(not just above 6200rpm) FAST doesn't choke out as early as a LS6 either "
Not True---IF you dont have the airflow of larger cubes or high RPM's it is a known fact that large manifolds ( Fast-TPIS etc) will hurt bottom end TQ. or will make only small gains-- less than 3-4 RWHP-- And the "pull" you speak of is Torque on the bottom end or mid range--NOT the top end horsepower---TQ is made with manifold port velocity and a large manifold KILLS port velocity and reduces TQ far more than the way it reduce HP on the bottom/mid range

"Tblu92, not to belittle you by any means, just want the correct info out there, and maybe follow up on this thread to give you some reassurance to what I said. "

The forum is here for posters to ask questions and to get "OPINIONS" from others on how to correct issues or on making mods---Thats all I ever give is my opinon--It's up to the poster to draw his own conclusions from anyone's opinion
However --when you say YOU are here to "correct info out there" specifically my opinions--- and to give "reassurance"-- You are discounting anyone who dis-agrees with you---That is arrogant

"Theres many many out there,this one is just currently going at the moment "
Many many WHAT out there ???? What's currently going on ?? This makes no sense at all----LS2 T-body on a LS1 !!!! remember ???
Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Default Time to teach :)

Ok I was nice at first because I didnt wanna come off as an a$$(Hence why I put in the "not to belittle you and the )

But since you're going to quote and exclaim like a belligereant child, I will proceed to treat you like one, and walk you through this post, quote by quote.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"really? maybe JUST a TB is pretty pointless but I have a feeling you're talking the whole system "
??? what ? have no idea what you are saying ?????
I said, maybe JUST(meaning only one) a TB (Throttle Body) is pretty pointless, but I have a feeling you're talking about the whole system(Whole system-being the induction system). This is composing of the TB(Again, Throttle Body) and the Intake Manifold itself. I did not say the OP was talking about the intake manifold. I knew what he was asking. You suggested the need for bigger cubes to justify an throttle of that size. You didnt even consider that IF there was a change in the cubes, You need to change the intake as well if you'd like more power and less restriction(I hope this isnt too obvious). Had you comprehended my sentence, spent more time trying to figure out what was said(truly sorrry you have to) ,this explaination would have been avoided and you could have understood that by your inferior thought process of "cubes and JUST(Again, Only one) a TB change", does not make sense. Therefore the reasoning for my assumption of you talking about the whole system(TB an Manifold) is accurate.

..Moving on, please keep up..

"Not like a FAST 90 can give up to 20hp over an LS6? I guess that intake is just for larger cubes? Huge cam doesn't mean anything even an intake/Tb is good for mild cams"
Who said anything about a manifold or Fast?? Not the poster--He asked about putting a LS2 TB onto a LS1 engine--that's all !!
Had you understood my first sentence,and typed your own well-thought-out sentence, you would not be asking this with another ton of question marks and exclamation points(like that child I referenced earlier )

Next...

" And the "pull" from the power gain is throughout the powerband(not just above 6200rpm) FAST doesn't choke out as early as a LS6 either "
Not True---IF you dont have the airflow of larger cubes or high RPM's it is a known fact that large manifolds ( Fast-TPIS etc) will hurt bottom end TQ. or will make only small gains-- less than 3-4 RWHP-- And the "pull" you speak of is Torque on the bottom end or mid range--NOT the top end horsepower---TQ is made with manifold port velocity and a large manifold KILLS port velocity and reduces TQ far more than the way it reduce HP on the bottom/mid range
In this Quote, we have a grave error in knowledge and personal experience, being that you are a "Tuner" makes me estatic that your on the other side of the US,staying the hell away from my car...

By reading this statement your telling me(and any person who reads this), that in your opinion(), If you DO NOT HAVE BIG CUBES, it is a known fact that "large" manifolds( like the FAST) will hurt bottom end TQ, or make gains of 3-4 RWHP?

Your joking right? All day, every day, ANY DAY, these intakes make 15RWHP+ (please read these

Originally Posted by redtail2426
i gained 20 rwhp and 17 lbft going from ls6 with ported throttle body to a home ported fast 90/90 setup.The midrange gains were very nice also
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I just did a back to back dyno from a ported ls6 to a ported Fast 90 and picked up 13rwhp and 10 rwtq after retune. There was places in the graph where it picked up 14-15 and it carried the power longer. Was a definite difference from the sotp too.
Originally Posted by NC98Z
I picked up 27 rwhp going from a Stock TB/LS6 intake to a 90/90 Fast intake non ported. The more you have done to the motor the more power you pickup.
Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
I picked up 14rwh/17rwt with a Fast 92/92. Bolt-ons and a 226/230 cam before the swap made 400 at the rear.
Oh here's that "large" manifold on a 346( In my opinion thats stock cubes, right? )

Originally Posted by MAXXLIMIT
Well after installing the F.A.S.T 102mm Intake and the PTM 102mm Throttle Body, I went from 74Kpa at WOT on my old setup (LS6 Intake/stock TB) to 100Kpa at WOT on this new setup.

Dyno's compared:

Old Numbers:
413rwhp/ 403rwtq on a Dyna Pak(which tyipcally read on avg 10-20rwhp more then a dynojet) with Converter Locked

New Numbers:
427rwhp/ 371rwtq on a Dynojet with Converter UNLOCKED!!!!!
If Converter was locked could be looking around 465-475rwhp easy, but didn't want to stress out the verter and tranny.

Old Kpa:
74Kpa at Wot after 5,200rpms

New Kpa:
100Kpa at WOT up to 7,000rpms!!!!!!

So yes I believe this new intake is BAD ***!!!!

Old Dyno Video:
http://youtu.be/JrEbDnFkQo8

New Dyno Video (see how it responds sooo much better)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rnRkOivZyE

"Tblu92, not to belittle you by any means, just want the correct info out there, and maybe follow up on this thread to give you some reassurance to what I said. "
The forum is here for posters to ask questions and to get "OPINIONS" from others on how to correct issues or on making mods---Thats all I ever give is my opinon--It's up to the poster to draw his own conclusions from anyone's opinion
However --when you say YOU are here to "correct info out there" specifically my opinions--- and to give "reassurance"-- You are discounting anyone who dis-agrees with you---That is arrogant
That was my attempt to be nice, and just formally correct your info, what I posted was correct, but Ill excuse your ignorance

"Theres many many out there,this one is just currently going at the moment "
Many many WHAT out there ???? What's currently going on ?? This makes no sense at all----LS2 T-body on a LS1 !!!! remember ???
This quote is what showed me you have absolutely no comprehension .

maybe follow up on this thread to give you some reassurance to what I said. Theres many many out there(obviously talking about the thread I just told you to follow up on),this one is just currently going at the moment(this one, being the thread I'm about to post so you can read it

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...-over-ls6.html

Im not going to fill this thread with anymore arguing, and I wont post back and forth with you. If you have a problem, and cant handle that your ill-knowledged in this area, please, feel free to pm me your email and I will Gladly reference more post,threads,dyno's graphs to prove more too you. I have absolutely no problem with that and speaking with your further on this matter.

I will leave with this one more helpful tip. There's a quote button up top where you post, to quote what someone says.All you have to do is click it. This way people dont have to pick out what your quoting and saying, Hence my post in comparison to yours.

Good day
Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 PM
1999_TRC
Instructor

You seem to know a lot about FAST intakes young man. For someone with that much knowledge, you could not install your own correctly.......

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...need-help.html
Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 1999_TRC
You seem to know a lot about FAST intakes young man. For someone with that much knowledge, you could not install your own correctly.......

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...need-help.html
Lmao good find ( no seriously, some ppl don't use the search function) lol

And it was all in the tune, I've spoke with them about it. Sadly, I'm no tuner

But it WAS installed correctly
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Well after installing the F.A.S.T 102mm Intake and the PTM 102mm Throttle Body, I went from 74Kpa at WOT on my old setup (LS6 Intake/stock TB) to 100Kpa at WOT on this new setup.

Dyno's compared:

Old Numbers:
413rwhp/ 403rwtq on a Dyna Pak(which tyipcally read on avg 10-20rwhp more then a dynojet) with Converter Locked

New Numbers:
427rwhp/ 371rwtq on a Dynojet with Converter UNLOCKED!!!!!
If Converter was locked could be looking around 465-475rwhp easy, but didn't want to stress out the verter and tranny.

Old Kpa:
74Kpa at Wot after 5,200rpms

New Kpa:
100Kpa at WOT up to 7,000rpms!!!!!!

So yes I believe this new intake is BAD ***!!!!

Old Dyno Video:
http://youtu.be/JrEbDnFkQo8

New Dyno Video (see how it responds sooo much better)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rnRkOivZyE

I'm so glad you choose this post to remind us of your genious--
Now everyone can see that you know absolutely nothing about engines and tuning but alot about B.S--
This is the funniest thing I've ever read---and to make it even funnier you used this comment to prove your point----
Thanks----You're gonna most likely have to ask someone else cause you probably don't know why this post is a joke
(hint)
" Well after installing the F.A.S.T 102mm Intake and the PTM 102mm Throttle Body, I went from 74Kpa at WOT on my old setup (LS6 Intake/stock TB) to 100Kpa at WOT on this new setup"

WOW a 26 KPA gain !!!! LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Once again I will quote.

Originally Posted by TriplBlk

Im not going to fill this thread with anymore arguing, and I wont post back and forth with you. If you have a problem, and cant handle that your ill-knowledged in this area, please, feel free to pm me your email and I will Gladly reference more post,threads,dyno's graphs to prove more too you. I have absolutely no problem with that and speaking with your further on this matter.

Pm me your email if your confident in continuing this offline.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
Once again I will quote.

Pm me your email if your confident in continuing this offline.
Two men enter.........one man leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk
Old 09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Originally Posted by lucky131969
Two men enter.........one man leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk
you say the funniest stuff I swear
Old 09-09-2011, 05:16 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

If your motor is out of an '01-up Corvette/F-bod, you already have the LS6 intake manifold, which is superior to an LS1 from 2000-older. If you want to run a BBK manifold, I would suggest against it, if you have the later manifold. Actually if you haven't already bought it, don't. You can pick up a take-off LS6 manifold/TB combo that'll work great with a H/C motor, but I'd look around for a FAST90 (Preferably ported) that is made for the 90 TB. Much better performance than all the other alternatives. Be patient, and keep your eyes open, they're available from time to time. I sold mine, with TB, and conversion harness a couple of years ago for about $600.

Get notified of new replies

To LS2 DBW Throttle Body on an LS1?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:07 AM
blu00rdstr
Melting Slicks

LS1 vs LS2 throttle body

LS1 (left) vs. L92 manifold comparison (same size as LS2).

Last edited by blu00rdstr; 09-10-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:59 AM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

I'm starting to wonder if a heavily ported LS2 intake can be the "NEW FAST 90"

Hmmm I'll ask Tony
Old 09-10-2011, 08:12 AM
OneslowZ
Drifting

The Motor (and drivetrain) are from a 2000 C5. I was basically looking for direct info from people that have done this swap, not a hijacking and people pushing the overpriced fast stuff. Since the match i stopped paying attention to this thread.

blu00rdstr: Thank you for your input with pictures, this was the stuff i was looking for as you can see there is a HUGE difference between the two. I was hoping to pick up more power and flow from a simple inexpensive bolt on. I applaud you for sticking to the question at hand.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS2 DBW Throttle Body on an LS1?