C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla/Bondurant C6 Video

Old 08-08-2011, 12:15 PM
David Borla
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Borla/Bondurant C6 Video

Hi,

This is David Borla from Borla Exhaust in Oxnard, CA. We just uploaded a video we shot at the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving which showcases the three brand new exhaust systems we recently released for the C6.

http://www.youtube.com/borla#p/u/0/oz0e4FT-xZU

In case there is any confusion, we are keeping the old "S-Type" which has been so popular and are offering three brand new systems ("Touring", "S-Type II" and "ATAK"). The new "Touring" and "ATAK" will replace the old ones which will no longer be available.

The difference between these parts and their predecessors is that we have completely eliminated interior resonance with the new systems while maintaining the classic Borla sound at all three sound levels.

Please click the video link above for a comparison of the three systems with testimonials from the Bondurant team including Bob Bondurant himself.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by David Borla; 08-09-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Video Link Update
Old 08-09-2011, 06:22 PM
BondurantHPD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '08-'09

It was a pleasure helping out with this video and it turned out awesome!

Thanks to Borla for outfitting all of our Corvettes with their exhausts.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:26 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

Old 08-09-2011, 06:37 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

I would have to drive or be driven in a car with one of these systems installed to be sold on it. Every aftermarket exhaust I've used that had decent sound/tone have droned and made driving very unpleasant. That is why I decided to install stock npp no drone at all. I am however interested to see if you guys have solved the droning issue while still being able to make a great exhaust note.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM
David Borla

Originally Posted by brooklync5
I would have to drive or be driven in a car with one of these systems installed to be sold on it. Every aftermarket exhaust I've used that had decent sound/tone have droned and made driving very unpleasant. That is why I decided to install stock npp no drone at all. I am however interested to see if you guys have solved the droning issue while still being able to make a great exhaust note.
Thanks for this. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the lack of drone in all 3 of these systems.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:06 PM
David Borla

Originally Posted by BondurantHPD
It was a pleasure helping out with this video and it turned out awesome!

Thanks to Borla for outfitting all of our Corvettes with their exhausts.
And thanks to everyone at Bondurant for the opportunity to make this video and for the long standing partnership we've had. Looking forward to catching up with you at SEMA if I don't see you before.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Not being mean, but what took you so long to develop one without drone? Glad it's out there. I suspect you'll sell a ton esp. with the Borla reputation for high quality.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Nick996
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the "S-Type" best.

The "Atak" didn't sound good IMO. I didn't care for the air fluttering noise the exhaust makes. It reminds me of a car that has an exhaust leak.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 PM
mack morrow jr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by David Borla
And thanks to everyone at Bondurant for the opportunity to make this video and for the long standing partnership we've had. Looking forward to catching up with you at SEMA if I don't see you before.
David, Does Borla make the GM GCA Exhaust for the C6 that dealers sell. I have one and it looks just like and sounds identical to your S type. Thanks, MACK
Old 08-10-2011, 06:32 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Good job! If you want to showcase and sell exhaust systems that vid is how you do it. Best I've seen.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
David Borla

Originally Posted by mack morrow jr

David, Does Borla make the GM GCA Exhaust for the C6 that dealers sell. I have one and it looks just like and sounds identical to your S type. Thanks, MACK

Mack,

We're a GM supplier and designed/manufactured their performance exhaust for C6 for many years. The problem with answering your question is that they've changed their strategy for performance parts so many times over the past few years it's hard to say what you have on your vehicle without seeing for myself. They've used so many acronyms that I don't even know what to call it anymore and every change brought in a whole new regime with new ideas making it difficult to keep track. It was "GMSPO", then "GMPP" and now it's something else with "GCA" being used the whole time as well. We all know it has been difficult for them to remain consistent during this economic downturn and a lot of confusion has been created as a result.

With that said, if it looks like our "S-Type" it's probably the system we built for them that was very similar to what we are now calling our "S-Type Classic". It's not identical but it's very close. I don't think they currently sell a performance aftermarket exhaust for C6 that is branded as a GM part but I may be wrong.

Anyhow, I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Cheers
Old 08-10-2011, 02:09 PM
LucaBrasiAZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

great video and selling tool...well done!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 PM
mack morrow jr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by David Borla
Mack,

We're a GM supplier and designed/manufactured their performance exhaust for C6 for many years. The problem with answering your question is that they've changed their strategy for performance parts so many times over the past few years it's hard to say what you have on your vehicle without seeing for myself. They've used so many acronyms that I don't even know what to call it anymore and every change brought in a whole new regime with new ideas making it difficult to keep track. It was "GMSPO", then "GMPP" and now it's something else with "GCA" being used the whole time as well. We all know it has been difficult for them to remain consistent during this economic downturn and a lot of confusion has been created as a result.

With that said, if it looks like our "S-Type" it's probably the system we built for them that was very similar to what we are now calling our "S-Type Classic". It's not identical but it's very close. I don't think they currently sell a performance aftermarket exhaust for C6 that is branded as a GM part but I may be wrong.

Anyhow, I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Cheers
Old 08-10-2011, 11:31 PM
mack morrow jr
Burning Brakes

I am sure it is your product. Looks and sounds too much like yours. GCA just stands for guinine Corvette Accessories.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Cane_MBA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you , Thank you, Thank you! I'm not purchasing my Vette until March/April timeframe but I've been researching exhaust and this video was exactly what I needed to hear and see. You can read about exhaust systems and people's opinions for days on end. However, what it comes down to is the sound and this video was the perfect tool to select the exhaust for my new car! I love the S-Type but the ATAK system gave me goosebumps!!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:23 PM
David Borla

Originally Posted by Cane_MBA
Thank you , Thank you, Thank you! I'm not purchasing my Vette until March/April timeframe but I've been researching exhaust and this video was exactly what I needed to hear and see. You can read about exhaust systems and people's opinions for days on end. However, what it comes down to is the sound and this video was the perfect tool to select the exhaust for my new car! I love the S-Type but the ATAK system gave me goosebumps!!

Cheers! Thanks for the kind words!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:40 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I had the Stingers on my C5 Z06

And the Sports aka Stingers on my 06 C6

In both applications I loved how the Borla's sounded.

These sound better, and look great.

Tom

Last edited by AFVETTE; 08-30-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Very nice video

Get notified of new replies

To Borla/Bondurant C6 Video

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Borla/Bondurant C6 Video