Z06 Windshield, Radio problems and 1282 code

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 AM
nitr0racing21
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 Windshield, Radio problems and 1282 code

ok guys need help with 3 different things as followed:

#1 How much is a windshield going to be for my ZO6? its a 2002 I cracked the windshield after being in a weird location upsidedown an falling off the seat for some reason the rearview looked like it was stable but it wasn't so now my back is messed up and so is my windshield, yay for me!

#2 Does anyone know where a wiring diagram is for the C5 radio harness? I am unable to get power from the harness I have from my trans am I thought they would be the same.

#3 I and getting code 1282 YAW code or something I have NO clue where this sensor is I just know it is near the airbag sensor of some sort.

if I think of anything else I shall let you know!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
nitr0racing21
Pro

I am unable to get any 12V+ signal out of my ignition 12V+ side so the radio wont turn on is there a secondary fuse for me to look at? I already replaced one fuse but maybe I blew 2?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:27 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

there is no 12 volt ignition wire in radio harness on any c5, see c5 faq in car audio section
Old 07-24-2011, 03:01 PM
nitr0racing21
Pro

I cant seem to find the Car Audio in FAQ
Old 07-24-2011, 03:07 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

DISCLAIMER: Use the following information at your own risk. If you break or short anything, it's on you!

I don't remember which wire it is, but you'll need a multi-meter to find what I'm about to describe.

When the C5's radio is on, there's a single wire that provides +12v. I used this as the ignition +12v on my Parrot MKi9000. The wire is in the wider group connector. To find it, keep the radio connected and on, use the multi-meter to find the constant +12v line and use the metal frame as the ground.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:14 PM
nitr0racing21
Pro

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
DISCLAIMER: Use the following information at your own risk. If you break or short anything, it's on you!

I don't remember which wire it is, but you'll need a multi-meter to find what I'm about to describe.

When the C5's radio is on, there's a single wire that provides +12v. I used this as the ignition +12v on my Parrot MKi9000. The wire is in the wider group connector. To find it, keep the radio connected and on, use the multi-meter to find the constant +12v line and use the metal frame as the ground.
so you mean the other cluster of wires has a positive 12V? ifso that will work thanks man, didn't think to check the other wires. now for this 1282 code.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:19 PM
nitr0racing21
Pro

I understand what you mean now I am worried it will kill my battery though
Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Its only on when the radio is on.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:26 PM
nitr0racing21
Pro

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Its only on when the radio is on.
could you supply me with a picture of the wire? all wires I looked at were hot all the time or only when the car was in the ON position not the ACCESSORY position
Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 PM
wascapsfan
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As stated above, there is no switched 12v+ at the radio/cd player.
The closest free 12 volt switched is above and to the left of the fusebox with a piece of tape wrapped around 3 wires. One is a good ground, one is 12 hot unswitched, and the other is switched 12v +

It sounds to me like you have a blown fuse, which can be found in the interior fuse panel in the passenger footwell or a disconnected plug at the ignition switch.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM
nitr0racing21
Pro

wouldnt happen to know what the fuse number would be? or what the fuse name is
Old 07-27-2011, 11:54 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
could you supply me with a picture of the wire? all wires I looked at were hot all the time or only when the car was in the ON position not the ACCESSORY position
I didn't get a pic of it. I'm waiting for my new Parrot BT box to get here and I'll snap a shot of it during the reinstallation. But I don't know if it will be in time for you.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Heres the wiring diagram if it helps. You'll see the fuse idents in the fuse block section.

For the C1282, I guess you mean the yaw rate sensor?

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Remove the IP accessory trim plate. Refer to Trim Plate Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Accessory in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.
Disconnect the yaw rate sensor connector.
Loosen the two yaw rate sensor nuts (1).
Remove the yaw rate sensor (2).

Document ID# 670700
2002 Chevrolet Corvette
DTC C1282
Circuit Description

The vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) is activated by the electronic brake control mdoule (EBCM) calculating the desired yaw rate and comparing it to the actual yaw rate input. The desired yaw rate is calculated from measured steering wheel position, vehicle speed, and lateral acceleration. The difference between the desired yaw rate and actual yaw rate is the yaw rate error, which is a measurement of oversteer or understeer. If the yaw rate error becomes too large, the EBCM will attempt to correct the vehicle's yaw motion by applying differential braking to the left or right front wheel.

The amount of differential braking applied to the left or right front wheel is based on both the yaw rate error and side slip rate error. The side slip rate error is a function of the lateral acceleration minus the product of the yaw rate and vehicle speed. The yaw rate error and side slip rate error are combined to produce the total delta velocity error. When the delta velocity error becomes too large and the VSES system activates, the drivers steering inputs combined with the differential braking will attempt to bring the delta velocity error toward zero.

The VSES activations generally occur during aggressive driving, in the turns or bumpy roads without much use of the accelerator pedal. When braking during VSES activation, the brake pedal will feel different than the ABS pedal pulsation. The brake pedal pulsates at a higher frequency during VSES activation.
Conditions for Running the DTC

The EBCM performs 6 different tests to detect a DTC condition. The numbers below correspond to the numbers in Conditions for Setting the DTC.

The yaw rate sensor bias test runs with the ignition ON.
The yaw rate sensor acceleration test runs with the ignition ON.
The yaw rate sensor circuit test runs with the vehicle stopped or with the vehicle speed greater than 45 km/h (28 mph).
The yaw rate isolation test runs with the following conditions:
The brake pedal is not pressed.
The ABS is not active.
The vehicle speed is greater than 5 km/h (3 mph).
The above yaw rate isolation test run with the VSES active.
The false activation test runs with the VSES active.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The EBCM performs 6 different tests to detect a DTC condition. The numbers below correspond to the numbers in Conditions for Running the DTC.

The yaw rate bias is greater than 7 degrees/second.
The yaw rate input change is greater than 390 degrees/second/second.
The yaw rate input voltage is less than 0.15 volts or greater than 4.85 volts for 1 second.
The yaw rate error is greater than 10 degrees/second 30 times within a drive cycle.
The yaw rate error is greater than 10 degrees/second for 5 seconds. Under this condition, this DTC will set along with DTC C1281.
The yaw rate error is greater than 10 degrees/second with the vehicle speed less than 60 km/h (37 mph) and the acceleration pedal is pressed more than 25 percent of the pedal travel range for 1 second during the VSES activation. Under this condition, this DTC will set along with DTC C1281.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The EBCM disables the VSES for the duration of the ignition cycle.
The Traction Control and Active Handling indicator turns ON.
The DIC displays the Service Active Handling message.
The ABS remains functional.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

The condition for the DTC is no longer present and the DTC is cleared with a scan tool.
The EBCM automatically clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 100 consecutive drive cycles.

Diagnostic Aids

The scan tool may display 2 additional characters after the DTC. Take note of the 2 character code and any other DTCs that are set. The 2 character code is an engineering aid used in order to determine the specific criteria which caused the DTC to set.
During diagnosis, park the vehicle on a level surface.
Check the vehicle for proper alignment. The car should not pull in either direction while driving straight on a level surface.
Find out from the driver under what conditions the DTC was set (when the DIC displayed the Service Active Handling message). This information will help to duplicate the failure.
The Snapshot function on the scan tool can help find an intermittent DTC.

Test Description

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

Tests for the proper operation of the circuit in the low voltage range.

Tests for the proper operation of the circuit in the high voltage range. If the fuse in the jumper opens when you perform this test, the signal circuit is shorted to ground.

Tests for a short to voltage in the 5-volt reference circuit.

Tests the bias voltage of the yaw rate sensor.

Last edited by DeeGee; 07-28-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 AM
nitr0racing21
Pro

something tell me this is going to turn intoa pain in the ***. Ill be working on it in a little bit
Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

something tell me this is going to turn intoa pain in the ***. Ill be working on it in a little bit
Pulling out th console is a pain but once it's out, changing the sensor looks easy.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
nitr0racing21
Pro

Originally Posted by DeeGee
Pulling out th console is a pain but once it's out, changing the sensor looks easy.
yeah that is true I wonder how much the sensor is going rape me
Old 07-30-2011, 02:58 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

yeah that is true I wonder how much the sensor is going rape me
You'll get the best price for a new one from Gene Culley or Bob at Fichtner Chevrolet.

Just for you how about this?

http://www.corvetterecycling.com/product_p/25737829.htm
Old 07-30-2011, 06:15 AM
nitr0racing21
Pro

so now does the yaw sensor ever reset its self? I thought I read that it did

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Windshield, Radio problems and 1282 code

Quick Reply: Z06 Windshield, Radio problems and 1282 code