C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Centennial Edition GS Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Smooth9883
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 2012 Centennial Edition GS Coupe

Hi Guys,

I've searched the forum for this info but I can't find what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm really close on pulling the trigger on a 2012 CE GS Coupe. The few questions that I have are:

1) Does the interior of the 3LT have suede like the one's that are shown on the 4LT pictures everywhere?

2) Is the red stitching included on the 3LT or is that only on the 4LT?

4) The rear spoiler that comes with the car, is it the standard GS spoiler or is it a full width body spoiler? If it's full width, is it the same as the one on the ZR1? I saw pictures of the GS vert at the museum, but I wasn't sure if the spoiler was an upgraded option.

5) Has anyone seen a GS centennial edition coupe in person? If so what are your thoughts? I know there are plenty of Z06 photos out there, but with the wheels being different and the vents on the side I would think the tone of the car would be different.

6) For those who have seen the paint in person, what are your thoughts on maintenance? I had a black vett and it was the best looking color clean, but the hardest to keep clean.

7) Does anyone have any photos of the centennial edition GS Coupe? I've yet to find any on the forum or on google.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by Smooth9883; 06-17-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Added centennial edition
Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
vettelover69
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Do a search for the GS picture thread. You will see more than enough GS coupes in that thread.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Smooth9883
Pro

Originally Posted by vettelover69
Do a search for the GS picture thread. You will see more than enough GS coupes in that thread.
I need to edit my post. I'm looking for 21012 centennial edition GS coupe photos.

Thanks for the catch.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Smooth9883
I need to edit my post. I'm looking for 21012 centennial edition GS coupe photos.

Thanks for the catch.
they're all over the internet.....just google it....
Old 06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

I think your questions can be answered here...http://www.c6registry.com/pdf/Bash%2...20part%201.pdf

and here...http://www.c6registry.com/pdf/Bash%2...20part%202.pdf
Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Smooth9883
Pro

Originally Posted by JoesC5
JoesC5,

Thanks for the info. That helps big time.

I still can't find any 2012 GS Coupe photos on the net. The only one's I've seen are for the Z06 or the GS convertible at the bash. If they are out there would someone mind sending me the link?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

The Centennial Edition is available on all Corvette Models with trim levels of 3LT/4LT (Base and Grand Sport) and 3LZ (Z06) and 3ZR (ZR1).

It includes:
  • Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color.
  • 100th Black Bowtie badging.
  • Graphics Package in satin black (Chevrolet's racing heritage 100th logo).
  • Body Colored ZR1 spoiler
  • Black Grand Sport fender badge (on Grand Sports only).
  • Ebony interior leather with suede accents
  • Ebony leather wrapped with red stitching, IP and door panels (Excludes 3LT).
  • Red Stitching for steering wheel, seats, console, shifter, park brake.
  • Embossed 100th Anniversary logo in seats.
  • Special black interior trim plate
  • Satin Black wheels with unique center cap logo.
  • 19/20 RUR black with red stripe cup wheels on Z06/ZR1
  • 18/19 RUM black wheels on Grand Sport
  • 18/19 RUL black wheels with red stripe on coupe and convertible
  • Chrome Wheels available for 3LT/4LT.
  • Machined Wheels available for 3LZ/3ZR.
  • F55 Magnetic Ride Control included on all models.
  • Red painted brake calipers included on all models.

• So, to answer your specific questions:

All of them have suede.
    The red stitching on a 3LT will be on the wheel, seats, console, shifter and parking brake.
    The red stitching on the 4LT will be all of the above and also on the instrument panel and door panels.
    Full width body colored ZR1 spoiler.

I have seen it in all trim levels and had the opportunity to go for a ride in one (Z06), simply amazing in and out.

The color (at the end of the day) is still black. It will be as difficult to keep clean and looking good as any other black car with the advantage of having an amazing metallic and specific paint.

Last edited by talon90; 06-17-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
    OregonC6
    Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
    Default Drat....I could a hadda Z06!!!!!!

Looking down your list of questions I see appearance as most important. Does it include suede? Is the spoiler like the ZR1? Does it have red stitching?

All in all it sounds like you want a "special" vette that will be highly unique. Nothing wrong with that motivation....I think most of us have this as part of our motivation to one degree or another.

But, you know, they are going to really sock it to you price wise for a special edition GS....that's the entire point of the "package". Also, as many GS admirers will endlessly remind us...the GS model is very very popular. It's outselling all the other models possibly combined.

Narrow body buyers are "trading up" for the appearance of the GS while people who might have been Z06 buyers are "trading down" because it was the "show" they wanted not the "go" of the Z06.

All things considered if you want a highly unique very limited production C6 I think you'd be more happy with a new Z06. The car is far superior to the GS in performance and speed. And, of course, the GS copies the Z06 styling not the reverse.

My concern for you is that you are probably going to allow yourself to be talked into grossly overpaying for a "special edition" GS while Z06s sit waiting for an owner. The net result of this is that you may pay as much or more for the CE GS than you would for the real deal...a Z06.

But then, perhaps you need/want an automatic or like going topless....in which case the GS is a must.
    Old 06-17-2011, 03:59 PM
    Nd4spd2
    Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
    St. Jude Donor '08

Here's a GS 2012 Centennial that I took at the Bash. Probably some more in that same location if you look thru them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3003695...7626620799506/
    Old 06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
    Smooth9883
    Pro

Originally Posted by talon90
    The Centennial Edition is available on all Corvette Models with trim levels of 3LT/4LT (Base and Grand Sport) and 3LZ (Z06) and 3ZR (ZR1).

It includes:
    • Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color.
    • 100th Black Bowtie badging.
    • Graphics Package in satin black (Chevrolet's racing heritage 100th logo).
    • Body Colored ZR1 spoiler
    • Black Grand Sport fender badge (on Grand Sports only).
    • Ebony interior leather with suede accents
    • Ebony leather wrapped with red stitching, IP and door panels (Excludes 3LT).
    • Red Stitching for steering wheel, seats, console, shifter, park brake.
    • Embossed 100th Anniversary logo in seats.
    • Special black interior trim plate
    • Satin Black wheels with unique center cap logo.
    • 19/20 RUR black with red stripe cup wheels on Z06/ZR1
    • 18/19 RUM black wheels on Grand Sport
    • 18/19 RUL black wheels with red stripe on coupe and convertible
  • Chrome Wheels available for 3LT/4LT.
  • Machined Wheels available for 3LZ/3ZR.
  • F55 Magnetic Ride Control included on all models.
  • Red painted brake calipers included on all models.

• So, to answer your specific questions:

All of them have suede.
    The red stitching on a 3LT will be on the wheel, seats, console, shifter and parking brake.
    The red stitching on the 4LT will be all of the above and also on the instrument panel and door panels.
    Full width body colored ZR1 spoiler.

I have seen it in all trim levels and had the opportunity to go for a ride in one (Z06), simply amazing in and out.

The color (at the end of the day) is still black. It will be as difficult to keep clean and looking good as any other black car with the advantage of having an amazing metallic and specific paint.
    Thanks Talon! That's perfect!
    Old 06-17-2011, 04:50 PM
    Torchsport
    Race Director
    Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
    St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by OregonC6
    Looking down your list of questions I see appearance as most important. Does it include suede? Is the spoiler like the ZR1? Does it have red stitching?

All in all it sounds like you want a "special" vette that will be highly unique. Nothing wrong with that motivation....I think most of us have this as part of our motivation to one degree or another.

But, you know, they are going to really sock it to you price wise for a special edition GS....that's the entire point of the "package". Also, as many GS admirers will endlessly remind us...the GS model is very very popular. It's outselling all the other models possibly combined.

Narrow body buyers are "trading up" for the appearance of the GS while people who might have been Z06 buyers are "trading down" because it was the "show" they wanted not the "go" of the Z06.

All things considered if you want a highly unique very limited production C6 I think you'd be more happy with a new Z06. The car is far superior to the GS in performance and speed. And, of course, the GS copies the Z06 styling not the reverse.

My concern for you is that you are probably going to allow yourself to be talked into grossly overpaying for a "special edition" GS while Z06s sit waiting for an owner. The net result of this is that you may pay as much or more for the CE GS than you would for the real deal...a Z06.

But then, perhaps you need/want an automatic or like going topless....in which case the GS is a must.
    Ummm...Z06's are sweet, and I love them, but the OP said he wanted a GS.
    Old 06-17-2011, 04:52 PM
    Torchsport
    Race Director
    Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
    St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Super info, talon90!
    Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 PM
    Smooth9883
    Pro

Originally Posted by OregonC6

You hit it right on the head. I love driving through the mountains with the targa in the trunk. If the roof came off the Z I would have one in a heartbeat. I'll also admit that I love the A6. I never used it in auto mode just the paddle shifters. I know it has a bad rap but I love the performance of it. I'm also happy with the performance of the GS. It handles very well and accelerates more than good enough. Sooner or later I'll strap an eForce on the new one and I'll be more than happy with the power.

You have also hit the other half right on the head. I want a good looking car. Not that any corvette looks bad, but I want to do it right. Right now I'm debating between the CE editions GS coupe, or building a GS coupe just the way I did on my 2010 with a few other goodies.

I'm not sure if you know, I sold my 2010 a few months ago and I've been going through withdrawal ever since.

I also don't think the CE edition is over priced. If I didn't get the CE edition I would have to add a lot to a standard GS to get it to how i would want it. Here are the two break downs, one how I would order it with the CE package and the other how I would order it without.

CE edition:
    55925 base msrp
    975 dest
    5995 3lt
    4950 zlc
    1195 npp
    1400 c2l
    1250 myc
    490 r8c

Total $72,180

New GS the way I had it in 2010 plus a few new items I like!:
    55925 base msrp*
    975 dest*
    5995 3lt*
    Cyber gray paint, not sure if there is additional price for this.
    1195 npp*
    1400 c2l*
    1250 myc*
    490 r8c*
    1195 z15
    595 j6f*
    410 5v5*
    1695 f55*
    395 pyd* (grey instead of black)
    aistericks indicate items that would be included or I have added to the CE edition vett. This is to give a visual indication of items that were not added to the CE vett.

Total: $71,520

Price difference $660. Based off of what I can tell it looks like the only thing the centennial edition wouldn't have is the heritage package. Otherwise it has everything else. I sure am glad I did this comparison. I could argue to myself that the $660 is for a kick butt paint! To me the CE edition is very well priced for what it offers.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:31 PM
    HARVEY T.GLUCK
    Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default 2012 Carbon Edition Coupe

Whatever Paul says you can take it to the Bank..........I am looking forward to seeing Paul again on Monday at the Plant as my 2012 Centennial ZR1 continues down the line....As I said before I swore NEVER BLACK AGAIN but after seeing the Centennials at the Bash my thoughts changed........
    ALSO ANYBODY NO ANYBODY LOOKING FOR A SUPERSONIC BLUE 2011 ZR1 (w/Blue Stitching) with under 500 Miles please contact me........
    When I get back on Thursday I will post any info on the 2012's and the Centennials......htg39@aol.com.......... .Harvey T.Gluck
    Old 06-17-2011, 06:59 PM
    phileaglesfan
    Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

It will be interesting to see if they sell the CE for around invoice like other Vettes. Personally for me if they don't it is not worth it.
    Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 PM
    talon90
    Team Owner
    Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Cruise-In 11 Veteran
    NCM Ambassador
    St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
    Whatever Paul says you can take it to the Bank..........I am looking forward to seeing Paul again on Monday at the Plant as my 2012 Centennial ZR1 continues down the line....As I said before I swore NEVER BLACK AGAIN but after seeing the Centennials at the Bash my thoughts changed........
    ALSO ANYBODY NO ANYBODY LOOKING FOR A SUPERSONIC BLUE 2011 ZR1 (w/Blue Stitching) with under 500 Miles please contact me........
    When I get back on Thursday I will post any info on the 2012's and the Centennials......htg39@aol.com.......... .Harvey T.Gluck
    Harvey, looking very forward to seeing you Monday. I hope to catch up with you later in the afternoon on the line.
    Old 06-17-2011, 07:57 PM
    PaulB
    Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

This is the first i have seen that Chrome Wheels will be available on the 3LT and 4LT Centennials. I am glad to see that as I am not a fan of the Black Wheels. I wonder what the cost for the Chrome Wheel will be since in the Centennial Edition we are already being charged for the black Wheel.
    Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
    JCtx
    Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulB
    This is the first i have seen that Chrome Wheels will be available on the 3LT and 4LT Centennials. I am glad to see that as I am not a fan of the Black Wheels.
    Me neither, and especially without the red accent (not offered on the GS), but unfortunately, cost is the same.

Has anybody added up the options included in CE for the GS (I'd exclude the wheels since I'd definitely get the chromes)? Curious what's the net cost of the CE package. And I don't know about Alcantara (I'm sure it's the microfiber stuff, and not real suede) where bare skin touches all the time, like steering wheel, shifter, and center console. It reportedly wears really bad in such areas. But it'd be nice on the seats.

I was ready to pull the trigger on an '11, but the better steering wheel, better stereo (previous Bose was crap), and best of all, better seats makes the '12 too good to pass. But it'll probably be a 4LT yellow/ebony with yellow stitching. And don't know if USB was available in '11, but it's a must for me.

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Centennial Edition GS Coupe

Quick Reply: 2012 Centennial Edition GS Coupe