C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield install

Old 05-16-2011, 10:37 PM
cimivette76
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield install

hey everyone im a little lost here...... im getting ready to install my windshield. its for a 76. first question... the upper moulding on my car had the clips glued in. my frame does not have any holes for the clips. do i make the holes and put the clips in? zip says you need 13 i counted 10 across the top. i know the sides get screwed in with phillps head screws. and also the corners use phillips. i just need to be pointed in the right direction pictures would be nice... my car is early 76 production. please help.......
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Korevette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same year, early '76. Do those clips hold down somehow with the T-Top moulding across the upper windshield header and the w/s moulding 'grabs' onto the remaining exposed clip?

Dano,
Old 05-17-2011, 02:04 AM
dembo
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Here ya go. 10 on mine
@Korevette, no the T trim is independent from these clips. They should be screwed to the header.The small trim piece has bended tabs with a sort of hem to thicken it so they clip
Nick

Old 05-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi d,
Nice looking windsheld frame and ss trim!!!!
Regards,
Alan
Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by cimivette76
hey everyone im a little lost here...... im getting ready to install my windshield. its for a 76. first question... the upper moulding on my car had the clips glued in. my frame does not have any holes for the clips. do i make the holes and put the clips in? zip says you need 13 i counted 10 across the top. i know the sides get screwed in with phillps head screws. and also the corners use phillips. i just need to be pointed in the right direction pictures would be nice... my car is early 76 production. please help.......
There should only be 10 clips on the top and yes they should be screwed in place. The kits show 13 due to other applications. It allows you to have 1 kit to cover different year cars.

http://willcoxcorvette.com/advanced_...&keywords=clip
Old 05-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Rontech
Instructor

Originally Posted by cimivette76
Try this. By pws69 It's a 69 but should be the same install

Ron

http://www.speakeasy.org/~pws/Corvette.htm
Old 05-19-2011, 10:13 PM
cimivette76
Heel & Toe

thanks alot for the help guys. so i guess just buy the clips and screws and make my own holes? cause my frame has no holes and no sign of holes being there ever. and i know the car was never taken apart until me.

Get notified of new replies

To windshield install

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: windshield install