C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's E2C?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:55 AM
wera32
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's E2C?

Can someone expand on this "option"? Expedited delivery? Do all Corvettes have this listed or is it dealer preferenced perhaps?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:00 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

It showed up on my wife's new Camaro Convertible. I had never seen it before...
Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Jerry White
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My yet undelivered 2011 GS order has the build code E2C "Order To Delivery Expedite To Customer". Hopeing this truly does mean "expedite" as I need the VIN # to be assigned prior to 5/2/11, in order to get the $3K Dealer Cash allowance.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Kdurgin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My order has it too. I think it just means it is a sold order to an actual customer and not for dealer stock. This MAY get it put in front of dealer stock orders unless the dealers put the E2C on all their orders?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:22 AM
wera32
Racer

I think it just means it is a sold order to an actual customer and not for dealer stock.
That makes sense. It would be nice if we can cut in line!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 AM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdurgin
My order has it too. I think it just means it is a sold order to an actual customer and not for dealer stock. This MAY get it put in front of dealer stock orders unless the dealers put the E2C on all their orders?
Since all vettes are already sold to the dealers I don't think it makes any difference to GM. Unless GM changed something all vettes are made to order not for stock.... Dealers order and pay for them so I doubt GM cares if it's already been sold to a customer...
Old 03-26-2011, 11:29 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by cthusker
Since all vettes are already sold to the dealers I don't think it makes any difference to GM. Unless GM changed something all vettes are made to order not for stock.... Dealers order and pay for them so I doubt GM cares if it's already been sold to a customer...
Not too sure about them all being the same when ordering. I seem to recall that the factory differentiates between orders for inventory and sold orders for customers..........
Old 03-26-2011, 12:31 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
Not too sure about them all being the same when ordering. I seem to recall that the factory differentiates between orders for inventory and sold orders for customers..........
What I was saying it GM doesn't make vettes for inventory, at least they never used to? Perhaps that's now changed! They were ALL sold to DEALERS, not the end user! Therefore it didn't make any difference to GM which car is what...... I'm sure someone can clarify how GM treats orders now.. .
Old 03-27-2011, 11:41 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by cthusker
Sold orders can be preferenced for quicker build by the ordering dealer. They can also prioritize their "stock" orders for what they would like to see first.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

E2C

Old 03-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Thrill6
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All GM car orders are either "sold" to a customer or headed to dealer inventory. GM cares because it affects future sales projections and production capacity. When dealer inventories are high, they know that future orders (and production) will decline. When dealer inventories are low, they know that they will need to increase production to keep up with demand. When the car is ordered by the dealer, if GM knows that the car is already sold to a customer they can better project future dealer inventory and get a better estimate of future production demand. You can't just increase production at a moments notice because it affects the entire supply chain. In order to build a car, you need every single part available, and that means letting suppliers know as far in advance as possible that parts demand is going to increase, decrease or stay the same.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
wera32
Racer

E2C

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 927x705 and weights 49KB.
Classic. I wondered how long that would take.

Get notified of new replies

To What's E2C?

Quick Reply: What's E2C?