C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GF Chips

Old 02-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Itbedunn
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GF Chips

Looking for any info on these GF Chips from the website with the same name claiming a 60 HP gain and 4 to 7 more miles per gallon. Any one have any experience with any of these.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Redrocket1045
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default GF Chip

Originally Posted by Itbedunn
Looking for any info on these GF Chips from the website with the same name claiming a 60 HP gain and 4 to 7 more miles per gallon. Any one have any experience with any of these.
Never heard of them but Google is your friend. Personally, I'd rather spend more with a reputable tuner. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Itbedunn
2nd Gear

Thanks
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM
BluV
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

HaHa, pretty funny.

I visited their web site. There is a picture of a chip (ROM) there on the corvette page.

from the text:
"Our product allows you to take your CHEVROLET CORVETTE's performance to the next level. Our product is tested to work with your car in either stock or modified trim. You can have any kind of modification and our unit will still remain compatible with your CHEVROLET CORVETTE."

Hilarious!!

It claims 4-7MPG better milage? Even a great tune is more like 2MPG.

Unless you are planning on hacking open the ECM box, doing some unsoldering, and resoldering......I think I would keep my $69.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:49 PM
seevi
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Itbedunn
Save your Money!!! I thought for the price I would get one for my Cadillac. I did some extensive data loging with HPT's, installed the chip, drove the car for 100 miles (their claim is it takes 100 miles for the chip to learn), and retested. Results were the same. There was no noticable power increase, either SOP or in the date. Fuel economy around town did not improve. Will be taking a trip soon and will log that and watch the fuel economy.

To get 60 HP out of an LS2 or 3, you're going to need bolt ons.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by seevi
Save your Money!!! I thought for the price I would get one for my Cadillac. I did some extensive data loging with HPT's, installed the chip, drove the car for 100 miles (their claim is it takes 100 miles for the chip to learn), and retested. Results were the same. There was no noticable power increase, either SOP or in the date. Fuel economy around town did not improve. Will be taking a trip soon and will log that and watch the fuel economy.

To get 60 HP out of an LS2 or 3, you're going to need bolt ons.
The engineers at GM are pretty smart people. If there was a "SAFE" TUNING change that would give an engine 60 more HP and 4 to 7 more MPG, I’m ABSOLUTY POSITIVE, it would have already been done.

That being said, your probably thinking. " Why are tuners finding HP/TQ in tuning a STOCK PCM???? "

Remember I said SAFE tuning! Our cars are tuned from the factory to be driven in a VERY wide combination of weather and driving extremes. The car has to pass all the emission requirements, make Grandma and Ricky racer happy at the same time. It also has to limit power train abuse to enable the car to last thru the warranty period without breaking parts. Stock tuning parameters are set to protect the engine and drive train. Tuning the PCM for more power removes some of that protection i.e. Removing Torque Management

Getting 4-7 more MPG in any car without sacrificing HP or reliability would be phenomenal and something GM would bend over backwards for.

Save your money!! Its a SCAM! How do we install a IC Chip in a sealed ECU?????? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

I went to their website and dialed up the CORVETTE kit. Heres what it says about the CHIP:

WHAT IS IT? The GF Performance Chip reprograms your air/fuel ratio, ignition timing, and other aspects of your vehicle's engine to SAFELY increase the power, while increasing fuel economy significantly. Our chips are designed and programmed per vehicle. Your car will run smoother, run cooler and more efficiently at the same time. The gains we advertise are real, and are guaranteed with a money back promise. Our chips will not only increase horsepower, but torque as well for more REAL power. It increases power throughout the full RPM range unlike many competitors.
EASY INSTALLATION. Installation can be performed by anyone using simple hand tools. The GF module installs into your CHEVROLET CORVETTE's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor. Diagrams are included. The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance. Everything needed for installation is included in this kit for a quick and easy installation that shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. There is absolutley nothing else needed to have this installed on your vehicle.
COMPATIBLE. The GF Performance Chip utilizes the latest in automotive engine control technology. Our product allows you to take your CHEVROLET CORVETTE's performance to the next level. Our product is tested to work with your car in either stock or modified trim. You can have any kind of modification and our unit will still remain compatible with your CHEVROLET CORVETTE.
GUARANTEED. Regardless of your driving style our chip will provide a substantial increase in performance in your CHEVROLET CORVETTE. All of these benefits are achieved without disassembling your CHEVROLET CORVETTE's ECU thereby preserving your factory warranty or permanently altering your car in any way shape or form. What sets us apart from our competition is that we offer a solid product that we stand by, so much so that if you are not satisfied in any way we will offer you a 100% no questions asked refund. Additionally, just from the fuel savings alone, our chip pays for itself!

Attaches with TWO wires to the IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor. LMFAO. Thats an OLD OLD LS Engine tuning trick that adds a simple 10 cent resistor to the IAT that tricks the PCM into thinking your getting a cooler air charge and it changes the ECU/PCM timing.

Those people selling that crap need to be SHOT!

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 02-10-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:21 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
I went to their website and dialed up the CORVETTE kit. Heres what it says about the CHIP:

WHAT IS IT? The GF Performance Chip reprograms your air/fuel ratio, ignition timing, and other aspects of your vehicle's engine to SAFELY increase the power, while increasing fuel economy significantly. Our chips are designed and programmed per vehicle. Your car will run smoother, run cooler and more efficiently at the same time. The gains we advertise are real, and are guaranteed with a money back promise. Our chips will not only increase horsepower, but torque as well for more REAL power. It increases power throughout the full RPM range unlike many competitors.
EASY INSTALLATION. Installation can be performed by anyone using simple hand tools. The GF module installs into your CHEVROLET CORVETTE's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor. Diagrams are included. The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance. Everything needed for installation is included in this kit for a quick and easy installation that shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. There is absolutley nothing else needed to have this installed on your vehicle.
COMPATIBLE. The GF Performance Chip utilizes the latest in automotive engine control technology. Our product allows you to take your CHEVROLET CORVETTE's performance to the next level. Our product is tested to work with your car in either stock or modified trim. You can have any kind of modification and our unit will still remain compatible with your CHEVROLET CORVETTE.
GUARANTEED. Regardless of your driving style our chip will provide a substantial increase in performance in your CHEVROLET CORVETTE. All of these benefits are achieved without disassembling your CHEVROLET CORVETTE's ECU thereby preserving your factory warranty or permanently altering your car in any way shape or form. What sets us apart from our competition is that we offer a solid product that we stand by, so much so that if you are not satisfied in any way we will offer you a 100% no questions asked refund. Additionally, just from the fuel savings alone, our chip pays for itself!

Attaches with TWO wires to the IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor. LMFAO. Thats an OLD OLD LS Engine tuning trick that adds a simple 10 cent resistor to the IAT that tricks the PCM into thinking your getting a cooler air charge and it changes the ECU/PCM timing.

Those people selling that crap need to be SHOT!

If this were actually true, and worked, people would not be paying big bucks to have the car tuned, or buying tuning software

This reminds me of that Hurricane air-filter or whatever it was

I have some ocean front property to sell ya in Iowa also.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

The sadest part is there are probably thousands of poor fools that are falling for this garbage and that company is raking in millions.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Paul Del Chiaro
1st Gear

I have a 2007 Corvette Coupe, not great gas mileage, has 400hp, they say the top speed is 186mph, that is way to fast for this guy, if I would install the GF chip would that increase the top speed over 200mph?, don't think so, do not be fooled buy this claim, it is all about money
Old 12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Paul Del Chiaro
I have a 2007 Corvette Coupe, not great gas mileage, has 400hp, they say the top speed is 186mph, that is way to fast for this guy, if I would install the GF chip would that increase the top speed over 200mph?, don't think so, do not be fooled buy this claim, it is all about money
Please don't revive old threads.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...s-or-more.html

Get notified of new replies

To GF Chips

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GF Chips