C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Jet-Hot coat BB exh. manifolds?

Old 12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
DRC
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Anyone Jet-Hot coat BB exh. manifolds?

I know heat is an issue with some of the BB's, so wondered if anyone has had their stock BB exh. manifolds Jet-Hot coated in the flat cast iron gray color. Thinking this keeps the stock look, may cut down on heat, and help exhaust flow.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 387 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by DRC
I know heat is an issue with some of the BB's, so wondered if anyone has had their stock BB exh. manifolds Jet-Hot coated in the flat cast iron gray color. Thinking this keeps the stock look, may cut down on heat, and help exhaust flow.
I have mine ceramic coated black, cannot comment on the heat difference as I have yet to drive the car for an extended period and in the Summer.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM
BBExhaust
Supporting Manufacturer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DRC
Not sure that you will really see any increase in exhaust flow however coating the manifolds will definitely help with under hood temps and keep them looking good.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Jet Hot coated longtubes on one of my car's and still look like new. Jet Hot does warn about running very lean carb A/F ratio's that can cause exhaust temperature's to soar though. Don't think BB's run any hotter than most engine's, just create larger quantity's of heat. Maybe scan your manifold's with a IR thermal gun and contact Jet Hot. Coating the manifold's may help underhood temperature's a bit, but you still have the raw steel exhaust pipe's running up to them.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 PM
1969RAY
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 112 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

As I rebuilt my car, I was looking for a way to coat the original manifolds and came upon something called "aluminizing". Cost me $100.00 bucks total for both sides. That was five years ago and they look just like they did when I put them on. They're white with a mat finish. I've spilled a little oil, etc. on them and it burns off with no affect on the finish. Its another option. Had it done at a metal fabrication, sand blasting shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Jet-Hot coat BB exh. manifolds?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Jet-Hot coat BB exh. manifolds?