C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems installing SLP Blackwing Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:44 PM
eckorhino50
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems installing SLP Blackwing Intake

I have a 2006 vette and am taking out my stock to install the blackwing slp 05-07 for c6. I am having problems with the installation, although its supposed to be simple. I dont know, maybe its just me. Im thinking I might be missing a part but im not sure.

First off, the black plate that is supposed to go using 2 flat screws to the car, there is no where to bolt that black plate to my 2006 . Ok so i use the black bushing and put them on the filter and put the black plate onto the filter with the bushings(the 2x rubber pieces). so basically when i sit the filter into the car, it doesnt seem to move around, I can deal with that.

2nd , I clamped on the middle carbon fiber peice to botht he filter and the MAF of my vette and on the filter to carbon fiber peice connection it seems real flimsy or not tight. Ive re tightened and held it down really hard but it seems to stay the same. I dont know if there is air squeezing out there.

Along those lines, there are 2 holes to the left ON the filter. The GM indicator (notifies when to clean) is supposed to go there i thoguht into the bigger hole but with the 1 rubber circle it doesnt fit! It will just fall out or through the hole into the filter if I leave it there. So i squeezed the bigger rubber cirlce into the smaller hole and squeezed the GM indicator into there, but now that leaves the big hole uncovered...which I dont know if that is a problem letting air out???! I need some help!

I drove it just now after i put it on...and maybe it may be paranoid but it felt like my exhaust (BB bullets) seems not as loud on idle (as if less air going to engine) but the reaction and punching the gas from 0 to 50 seemed pretty strong, about 10 HP as advertised by the SLP...

Any info would help me thanks for taking the time to read this!

Ron

Quick Reply: Problems installing SLP Blackwing Intake