C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0833 Clutch pedal position switch (cruise problem)

Old 11-28-2010, 02:34 PM
torchredfrc
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P0833 Clutch pedal position switch (cruise problem)

The service bulletin relevant to this code mentions the following switch:

clutch pedal cruise control release switch

Can anyone tell me the part # for this or where it is located? I replaced the lower switch trying to fix this issue and get my cruise control back online but now need to find this guy and replace it.

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 AM
torchredfrc
Drifting

Wanted to add this to see if it gave anymore info for anyone to go off of:

#05-08-68-001B: Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0833, Cruise Control Inoperative (Adjust Clutch Release Switch) - (May 29, 2008)

Subject: Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0833, Cruise Control Inoperative (Adjust Clutch Release Switch)

Models: 2005-2007 Chevrolet Corvette

with 6-Speed Manual Transmission

Condition
Some customers may comment on a malfunction indicator lamp. Some customers may also comment that the cruise control is inoperative.

A scan tool may reveal a DTC P0833. Cruise Disengaged History Reason will display "Lost Forward Gear" on Tech 2®.

Cause
The clutch release switch may be misadjusted.

Diagnostic Information

There are two clutch switches
• The lower switch, the clutch start switch provides feedback to the PCM that the clutch pedal has been depressed to enable starting. This switch DOES NOT relate to the P0883 code.

• The upper switch, the clutch pedal position switch also referred to in SI as the clutch pedal cruise control release switch, provides the PCM feedback as to the position of the clutch pedal.

• Refer to Manual Transmission Component Views, Figure 2: 01 Y-Car: Comp Loc Views (Under LH Side of the Dash) in SI for switch locations.

Important: Multiple clutch presses during a single stop may provide inaccurate feedback to the PCM and the technician may misdiagnose the need to replace the PCM. The Tech 2® may not pick up the multiple presses which would appear that the PCM is not picking up the signal. The PCM should not be replaced if the Tech 2® does not pick up multiple clutch cycles during testing.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,107 Likes on 689 Posts

• The upper switch, the clutch pedal position switch also referred to in SI as the clutch pedal cruise control release switch, provides the PCM feedback as to the position of the clutch pedal.

Isn't it down at your pedal??
Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

According to what you posted it sounds like you might just need to adjust it, like a brake light switch to get things working again.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 PM
torchredfrc
Drifting

Originally Posted by C6ToGo

Isn't it down at your pedal??
The "lower" switch is the one I replaced and it is down by the pedal. I was unable to locate a drawing that showed me where the upper switch was so I could perform said adjustment. I might have missed it but I couldn't find it none the less.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:18 PM
torchredfrc
Drifting

Originally Posted by B y r o n
According to what you posted it sounds like you might just need to adjust it, like a brake light switch to get things working again.
That's kind of what I thought as well. Once I know where the thing is, this should make a lot more sense to me. The light I had when I was down there wasn't the best and I didn't see another switch in the clutch pedal replacement procedure... and that's why I'm asking here.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:27 PM
dpigguy
Safety Car

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

try sending Talon90 a PM. he usually can provide the illustration and technical data on most items like this.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 PM
torchredfrc
Drifting

Thanks dpigguy. I just sent him a PM and a link to this thread.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:21 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by torchredfrc
Thanks dpigguy. I just sent him a PM and a link to this thread.
Sorry for the delay. Got your PM and just replied with document links attached.

Paul
Old 12-30-2010, 02:54 PM
torchredfrc
Drifting

I wanted to post an update. I checked all the switches related to the clutch pedal and notice the pedal wasn't traveling all the way to meet with the upper switch. Turns out the fluid was a bit low. Added fluid, reset the DIC and everything is working as intended!

Thanks for everyone's replies and help.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 AM
jsizzle2k6
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im having the exact same problem. Anyway one of you can send me the links and documents as well
Old 05-14-2011, 01:06 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by jsizzle2k6
Im having the exact same problem. Anyway one of you can send me the links and documents as well
I don't have the "links and documents" you're interested in, but take a look at this picture, and click on the link below the picture to see a list of all the part #'s for all the items in the picture. #35 is the "cruise control release switch" and # 8 is the "clutch pedal position switch":

Here's the link to that picture with a list of part #'s (double check them - this isn't an official GM site):

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...00&grouptype=B

Good luck!

Bob
Old 09-13-2012, 10:50 AM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I just got this error code today "P08333 Clutch pedal switch 2 circuit" also. Can one of you send me the diagram that talon sent out? I'd be greatly appreciative!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You could always call Gene at gmpartshouse.com and have them track it down for you. Good luck!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Bagman0
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the error code today for clutch b switch. I ordered one (only 6.00) but am having a hard time finding anything on the location of the darn thing to change it out.

Any help would be great.

Get notified of new replies

To P0833 Clutch pedal position switch (cruise problem)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0833 Clutch pedal position switch (cruise problem)