Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

MIR 2 Fartpipe vs WKMCD

Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 AM
USAFZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIR 2 Fartpipe vs WKMCD

We all know pittman will be left in the dust by a certain orange C6Z...

so for a real battle...

Who will win between Brucy/Fartpipe's Bolton C6Z and Kevin/WKMCD's 427 C5 Vert...

We all know Kevin has the HP/TQ over the pipe and with the M12 and stock 342s he has better gearing for the launch...will Kevins lack of recent drag racing experience allow the transvestite donkey witch, fartpipe, to pull out the win...

questions for both...

'Pipe will you still rock the stock clutch? and what additional mods are you planning on doing before MIR2

Kevin...are you using Steve's dragpack?

discussion....GO!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 AM
clemsondave
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FP by >0.50.

FP 10.59
WKMCD 11.35
Old 10-26-2010, 07:41 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by USAFZ06
We all know pittman will be left in the dust by a certain orange C6Z...

so for a real battle...

Who will win between Brucy/Fartpipe's Bolton C6Z and Kevin/WKMCD's 427 C5 Vert...

We all know Kevin has the HP/TQ over the pipe and with the M12 and stock 342s he has better gearing for the launch...will Kevins lack of recent drag racing experience allow the transvestite donkey witch, fartpipe, to pull out the win...

questions for both...

'Pipe will you still rock the stock clutch? and what additional mods are you planning on doing before MIR2

Kevin...are you using Steve's dragpack?

discussion....GO!
KISS MY USAF
Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

The plan is to use Steve's drag pack.

To be totally honest here, I would be horribly dissapointed if I out ran FP. He's put a lot of work into this. I know I've got a lot more miles on race tracks than most here but that was a long time ago and usually 75-200 miles at a time with corners. That was also on 2 wheels. I had some success there but I have mad respect for these guys.

I'm counting on you guys to coach me up at MIR.

That being said, on a road course..FP is MY bitch.

Last edited by WKMCD; 10-26-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Tell you what WKMOCD.... i'll give you a turn at the end of the strip to return... and hell even a turn onto the track. Calling today most likely to lock in December 10th. You better be ready... or maybe I wont? I've yet to get an approval to have off that day.
I've also got a really REALLY weird waving problem over 100mph the car has developed. Taking a look at the suspension, sway bars, cradle bolts etc tonight and then an alignment to hopefully remedy this. It does it on my street tires 19/20's. Its scarey as FOCK!!!!! Its equivilant to taking your steering wheel and whipping it back and forth from 10-2oclock as fast as you can once you crest 100mph under hard acceleration only.

Last edited by Fartpipe; 10-26-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 AM
USAFZ06
Burning Brakes

pipe did you get a clutch yet?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 AM
tirecraft
Drifting

Originally Posted by WKMCD

That being said,..FP is all of our bitches.
Kevin I fixed that^ for ya !
Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
I've also got a really REALLY weird waving problem over 100mph the car has developed. Taking a look at the suspension, sway bars, cradle bolts etc tonight and then an alignment to hopefully remedy this. It does it on my street tires 19/20's. Its scarey as FOCK!!!!! Its equivilant to taking your steering wheel and whipping it back and forth from 10-2oclock as fast as you can once you crest 100mph under hard acceleration only.
The excuses begin.....

Oh yeah, the dog ate my homework.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by USAFZ06
pipe did you get a clue yet?
I fixed that for you
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

The excuses begin.....

Oh yeah, the dog ate my homework.

Hmmm... lets count the times your car was back under the knife and back in for surgery sir......6......7...... keep counting sunshine!!! Not everything goes as planned but as a wise guy told me yesterday just make sure to stick with the plan!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:34 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plan is to use Steve's drag pack.

To be totally honest here, I would be horribly dissapointed if I out ran FP. He's put a lot of work into this. I know I've got a lot more miles on race tracks than most here but that was a long time ago and usually 75-200 miles at a time with corners. That was also on 2 wheels. I had some success there but I have mad respect for these guys.

I'm counting on you guys to coach me up at MIR.

That being said, on a road course..FP is MY bitch.
Kevin,are you planing on get any seat time at the strip prior to MIR2? It certainly wouldn't hurt to get at least one session (T&Tune) under your belt. That way you'll have a basic understanding of what launch technique to use. You Sure don't want to give FP to big of an advantage right from the get go. I think that a smooth launch in the low 1.6 range or better and cutting a good light will do the trick. FP will probably pull a hole shot on ya,but I think you'll run him down on the big end.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

Originally Posted by pit-man
I fixed that for you
Pitt,what is your clutch status?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 98vettedave
Kevin,are you planing on get any seat time at the strip prior to MIR2? It certainly wouldn't hurt to get at least one session (T&Tune) under your belt. That way you'll have a basic understanding of what launch technique to use. You Sure don't want to give FP to big of an advantage right from the get go. I think that a smooth launch in the low 1.6 range or better and cutting a good light will do the trick. FP will probably pull a hole shot on ya,but I think you'll run him down on the big end.
Good idea

If I have to bring the Black Brick because of clutch issues...you sure don't want U-Tube videos out there of me kickin your butt !! You know FP would post them every where !!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Pitt,what is your clutch status?
Me and Pipe talking about that daily ! I have a rack scheduled for the third week in November, but the problem is finding a clutch that will slip off the line, shift at high RPM and last more than 25 runs. A Tex is around$1500 now and I am going to have to pay $400 for the rack and the guys help. Too much money for me right now.

I'm fine tuning the Black Brick right now, just in case. I should be able to beat someone at the track
Old 10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

Originally Posted by pit-man
Me and Pipe talking about that daily ! I have a rack scheduled for the third week in November, but the problem is finding a clutch that will slip off the line, shift at high RPM and last more than 25 runs. A Tex is around$1500 now and I am going to have to pay $400 for the rack and the guys help. Too much money for me right now.

I'm fine tuning the Black Brick right now, just in case. I should be able to beat someone at the track
I totally understand where your coming from,then if not with the vette just kick some butt with the Black Brick.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:31 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

I totally understand where your coming from,then if not with the vette just kick some butt with the Black Brick.
The Black Brick, a 425 rwhp Turbo Busa and my 600mm camera
Old 10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

I'm working as hard as time and money will let me Pittman... trust me!!!

Get notified of new replies

To MIR 2 Fartpipe vs WKMCD

Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Don't blow an eyeball with all the stress It will all come together
Old 10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

FP,that is one strange problem that your encountering. Hopefully,you figure it out soon without having to invest a lot of $ into the solution.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:28 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

There's an 1/8 miels track closeby here in VA. I may try to run over there. Got to check the schedule. Lokos like they're close to closing for the season.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MIR 2 Fartpipe vs WKMCD