C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Octane Gas - Locations Across USA

Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM
ghostrunner
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 93 Octane Gas - Locations Across USA

I am starting this thread for the simple reason that many of us need and want to be able to buy 93 octane gas for our cars for various reasons. Mainly because our cars are needing this for the performance that is required of this higher octane.

There are several of us, myself included, that love to travel and need to be able to find it in areas other than where we live. Without a simple data base to refer to in planning our trips across the country, it is a hit and miss game of chance. I have done searches to find a web site that has this info with no real luck. I have called AAA and they said "wow no one has ever asked that question."

The corvette crowd isn't the only one looking for this higher gas but we have the largest and most informitive forum on the net. If a member has a question someone here can answer it. So let's make this a very informitive thread on finding our needed 93 octane gas in all the states that is available and pass it on to our members.

I will keep this thread up to date as you post new locations. I will keep it organized by states and if locations change or no longer have it will delete them. By keeping this up to date a member won't have to search thru all the posts to find a location, when they travel across the country on vacations or trips, it will be listed in this first post by states. Then a member can know in advance where he or she can get the needed higher octane without the guessing.

I will search as much as possible to add more locations but need all of your help too. If a location is listed and you know it does not have the 93 octane, then please let me know and will remove it.

Please list your locations in your area here and if it is a state wide service station chain like BP or Shell tell us and will just list it by station name for the state.

93 at sea level is the same as 91 at 5,000ft

Thanks all for your help

ALABAMA
Easily found thru out 93

ARKANSAS
Easily found thru out 93
Dardanelle - Shell - Hwy 7 - 93
Russelville - Phillips 66 at I-40 & Hwy 7 93

CALIFORNIA
Been told this is 91 octane state

CONNECTICUT
Easily found thru out 93

FLORIDA
Easily found thru out 93

GEORGIA
Atlanta area - BP stations 93

ILLINIOS
Found thru out away greater Chicago area 93
Southern Illinois:
I-57 & IL Route 149 (West Frankfort) - BP,
IL Route 13 just east of Carbondale city limits - Shell
IL Route 13 east side of Carbondale - BP

INDIANA
Most of state major brands - 93
Richmond - BP (Petro) - exit 156 & I70 93

IOWA
North Liberty - Road Ranger - 93

KANSAS
Overland Park - BP Station - 7900 WEST 151ST 93

LOUISIANA
Found thru out state 93

MAINE
Easily found thru out 93

Maryland
All Sunoco 93

MASSACHUSETTS
Easily found thru out 93

MICHIGAN
Easily found thru out 93

MINNESOTA
BP brand only one has it -93

MISSOURI
Ava - Shell - S Jefferson and HYWY 5 - 93
Blue Springs - BP HYY 7 and I70 exit - 93
Jefferson City Phillips Missouri Blvd & Wildwood Dr 94
Joplin - Mac's - 2703 E 32nd st. - 93
Kimberlin City, MO Rapid Roberts 93
Liberty - BP - 1 block east of hwy 291 on hwy 252 - 93
Pacific - Pacific Phillips 66 - exit 257 & I44 - 93
Springfield - Eagle Stop Phillips - S. Kimbrough and E Battlefield - 94
Springfield - Eagle Stop Phillips - W Republic and West By Pass - 94
Springfield - Rapid Roberts - Fremont and E Republic rd - 93
St. Robert - Road Ranger (Pilot) - exit 163 & I44 - 93

MONTANA
Billings - Centex stations 93

NEW HAMSHIRE
Easily found thru out 93

NEW JERSEY
Easily found thru out 93

NEW YORK
Rochester - Sunoco stations 93
Most Sunocos thru out 93 some 94
Almost every where else

NORTH CAROLINA
Easily found thru out 93

OHIO
Northeast Ohio - Some locations 93

OREGON
91 octane

OKLAHOMA
Oklahoma City - 63rd & Western North side of town 93

PENNSYLVANIA
Harrisburg area - Rutters stations 93
Easily found thru out 93

RHODE ISLAND
Easily found thru out 93

SOUTH CAROLINA
Easily found thru out - 93

TENNESSE

TEXAS
Easily found thru out 93
West Texas around Amarillo, Lubbuck and towns west 90

UTAH
91 octane

VERMONT
Easily found thru out 93

WEST VIRGINIA

WISCONSIN
Easily found thru out -93

Last edited by ghostrunner; 02-09-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,095 Likes on 807 Posts

In Texas 93 Octane is everywhereName:  flag4.jpg
Views: 6128
Size:  3.4 KB
Old 09-10-2010, 12:22 PM
pettvette
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet

Here's a list of Non-Ethanol gas stations by state, it also includes the octane....

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TN
Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
markmott
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Dennis thanks for the GREAT link very helpful.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:37 PM
lebvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21

Arkansas has 93 everywhere. Probably 2/3 of the stations have it.

Larry
Old 09-10-2010, 12:41 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Ca is a 91 octane state but if you can get onto small airports and buy the aircraft fuel, its a higher octane.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:42 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Ma. and NH. 93 everywhere.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:44 PM
SCMichel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bearphoto
Ca is a 91 octane state but if you can get onto small airports and buy the aircraft fuel, its a higher octane.
Yeah - piston aircraft fuel is 100LL. I would not put that in any car. LL stands for Low Lead. It isn't unleaded.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:48 PM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm 60 years old. Most likely you're considerably younger. Your post was deja vu for me.

At one time I owned a very nice "stable" of gen one Camaros. Why Camaros? Nostalgia pure and simple they look good but perform terrible etc.

Anyway, I owned two flawless '69 Z-28s and several '68 396s. The Z-28s ( a beautiful car that is a total dog in terms of speed and handling) were stock 11:1 compression. The big blocks were milder at 10.5:1.

I remember vividly planning trips based on where I could STILL GET leaded premium ( like 100 octane ). When that was all gone I started keeping track of where I could get leaded regular to which I'd add higher octane unleaded and various octane boosters I experiemented with.

If I got the "mix" in my tank wrong...even by a little....especially in the Zs......you would not believe the knock. The cars could not be driven at all much less in anything near WOT. NO FUN!!!!

Eventually I sold all these old dogs. The leaded gas was all gone. The octane boosters were a hassle and didn't work anyway.

But I'll say this for Chevy back then.....when these cars that were made to run on aviation gas were sold the gas was available. Nobody even guessed that their fuel would be GONE in just a few years.

The Z06 was introduced and sales began at a time when the recommended fuel for it...93 octane....was unavailable in a very large portion of the U.S. Now the 93 is going bye bye.

But......here's the greater problem.....more and more fuels are being sold that contain alcohol. In my state it's 90/10 by law all year around to reduce air pollution supposedly.

Recently I recall a topic about how converting a vette to E85 was no big deal. I'm skeptical.

What "they" did in the 70s was to junk tens of millions of cars prematurely simply by making their fuel unavailable. It was so simple.

My advice to those of you who didn't live through the withdrawal of leaded premium and then all leaded gas is to really really really enjoy being able to buy GASOLINE. The day may come and it may come FAST that you can't get anything to put in your vette or other newer car.

Footnote: You think I'm an alarmist or just an old fool to be concerned? My only comment to that would be look around you and consider what you'd do if the best fuel you could get was , say, 50% gasoline and the rest alcohol with an octane of 85 or less.

Yes, we all knew back then that there were ways to adapt the old cars to new fuel. Yes, you could rebuild them at lower compression. Yes you could tweak the timing. But , ultimately, just as in a car like the vette that automatically adjusts for octane ( supposedly ) when you do the adjustments you invariably reduce hp and usually won't entirely eliminate the knock.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 853 Likes on 394 Posts

Available all over PA.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
SCMichel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonC6
I'm 60 years old. Most likely you're considerably younger. Your post was deja vu for me.

At one time I owned a very nice "stable" of gen one Camaros. Why Camaros? Nostalgia pure and simple they look good but perform terrible etc.

Anyway, I owned two flawless '69 Z-28s and several '68 396s. The Z-28s ( a beautiful car that is a total dog in terms of speed and handling) were stock 11:1 compression. The big blocks were milder at 10.5:1.

I remember vividly planning trips based on where I could STILL GET leaded premium ( like 100 octane ). When that was all gone I started keeping track of where I could get leaded regular to which I'd add higher octane unleaded and various octane boosters I experiemented with.

If I got the "mix" in my tank wrong...even by a little....especially in the Zs......you would not believe the knock. The cars could not be driven at all much less in anything near WOT. NO FUN!!!!

Eventually I sold all these old dogs. The leaded gas was all gone. The octane boosters were a hassle and didn't work anyway.

But I'll say this for Chevy back then.....when these cars that were made to run on aviation gas were sold the gas was available. Nobody even guessed that their fuel would be GONE in just a few years.

The Z06 was introduced and sales began at a time when the recommended fuel for it...93 octane....was unavailable in a very large portion of the U.S. Now the 93 is going bye bye.

But......here's the greater problem.....more and more fuels are being sold that contain alcohol. In my state it's 90/10 by law all year around to reduce air pollution supposedly.

Recently I recall a topic about how converting a vette to E85 was no big deal. I'm skeptical.

What "they" did in the 70s was to junk tens of millions of cars prematurely simply by making their fuel unavailable. It was so simple.

My advice to those of you who didn't live through the withdrawal of leaded premium and then all leaded gas is to really really really enjoy being able to buy GASOLINE. The day may come and it may come FAST that you can't get anything to put in your vette or other newer car.

Footnote: You think I'm an alarmist or just an old fool to be concerned? My only comment to that would be look around you and consider what you'd do if the best fuel you could get was , say, 50% gasoline and the rest alcohol with an octane of 85 or less.

Yes, we all knew back then that there were ways to adapt the old cars to new fuel. Yes, you could rebuild them at lower compression. Yes you could tweak the timing. But , ultimately, just as in a car like the vette that automatically adjusts for octane ( supposedly ) when you do the adjustments you invariably reduce hp and usually won't entirely eliminate the knock.
I was around when they eliminated leaded gas, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't long after I started driving. (8.5 years) I had an aunt that had a Camaro with a souped up engine which required leaded fuel. She had to buy the additive to run her car.

In the aviation industry, they are working hard on finding something else to run the airplanes that require 100LL. The EPA has targeted 100LL for death, so everyone is scrambling.

Last edited by SCMichel; 09-10-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Found that leaded gas was eliminated on 1/1/1996
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

93 is available throughout Alabama. If you happen to be in central Alabama around Montgomery you can even get 93.5 at any of the Entec stations.

U.M.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Don LT-1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

93 in Jersey.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Dave_C6
Racer

What about E-Fuel? Isn't it supposed to have a 101 octane rating?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:04 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
I am starting this thread for the simple reason that many of us need and want to be able to buy 93 octane gas for our cars for various reasons. Mainly because our cars are needing this for the performance that is required of this higher octane.

There are several of us, myself included, that love to travel and need to be able to find it in areas other than where we live. Without a simple data base to refer to in planning our trips across the country, it is a hit and miss game of chance. I have done searches to find a web site that has this info with no real luck. I have called AAA and they said "wow no one has ever asked that question."

The corvette crowd isn't the only one looking for this higher gas but we have the largest and most informitive forum on the net. If a member has a question someone here can answer it. So let's make this a very informitive thread on finding our needed 93 octane gas in all the states that is available and pass it on to our members.

I will keep this thread up to date as you post new locations. I will keep it organized by states and if locations change or no longer have it will delete them. By keeping this up to date a member won't have to search thru all the posts to find a location, when they travel across the country on vacations or trips, it will be listed in this first post by states. Then a member can know in advance where he or she can get the needed higher octane without the guessing.

I will search as much as possible to add more locations but need all of your help too. If a location is listed and you know it does not have the 93 octane, then please let me know and will remove it.

Please list your locations in your area here and if it is a state wide service station chain like BP or Shell tell us and will just list it by station name for the state.

Thanks all for your help

CALIFORNIA
Been told this is 91 octane state

MISSOURI
Joplin - Mac's - 2703 E 32nd st. 93
Springfield - Eagle Stop Phillips - S. Kimbrough and E Battlefield 94
Springfield - Eagle Stop Phillips - W Republic and West By Pass 94
Springfield - Rapid Roberts - Fremont and E Republic rd 93
Also, Rapid Robert's Conoco and Eagle Stop Phillips 66 you listed are ethanol free....all gas.

In Arkansas, The Phillips 66 at I-40 & Hwy 7, Russellville is 93 and the Shell on Hwy 7 in Dardanelle is 93, but they have 10% ethanol.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:31 PM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

93 with 10% ethanol in all NY State, (some Sunoco's also carry 94 Ultra)
Old 09-10-2010, 02:43 PM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 93 in NC

I only see 93 in NC. I looked around a lot before having my SC installed.
Larry

Get notified of new replies

To 93 Octane Gas - Locations Across USA

Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

Sunoco has 93 in all its stations in Rochester, NY.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:47 PM
CH-Z51
Drifting

Location: The Great Pacific Northwest...........I carry a gun cause a cops too heavy.

Originally Posted by OregonC6

I'm over 60 and have the same concerns. Here in WA 92 octane is still available at selected sites but is disappearing. All our gas here on the west coast is 10% alcohol, I've noticed this concoction go's sour real fast causing lots of problems. It also has a lower boiling point and I now experience occasional vaporlocking in my classic cars, not to mention detonation.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:55 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by CH-Z51
I'm over 60 and have the same concerns. Here in WA 92 octane is still available at selected sites but is disappearing. All our gas here on the west coast is 10% alcohol, I've noticed this concoction go's sour real fast causing lots of problems. It also has a lower boiling point and I now experience occasional vaporlocking in my classic cars, not to mention detonation.
Fortunately, I can get 91, 93 and 94 without ethanol here in Springfield, MO for my 56 and 64. No way will I ever put any ethanol in my two old cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 93 Octane Gas - Locations Across USA