C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Leaving NCRS

Old 08-24-2010, 05:46 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

Default Leaving NCRS

Will I made a bad decision at the Bend NCRS meet this month.I was told "not" to remove my 55 from the judging field till 5PM . The judging was done and people were cleaning up after the judges left for a well deserved rest . I wonted to collect my swap meet things back into my tear trop trailer , shower for the dinner and load luggage to get ready to drive early in the morning for home 425 miles. So now I've been band from NCRS for 15 months which is their rules . I was wrong I admit < and thought it was fare to not give me any judging award and to take my 55 of the field and that I could not attend any NCRS meet for the next 15 months .But when I got home I also realized I was also band from NCRS forum so I cant even tell others what happened explaining I was wrong leaving the field and apologizing .
When we attended the 05 National in Utah we left the judging field each day to go for dinners because we drive our 55 from Ca. And had nothing but the 55 to drive and every one was OK with that. At Bend we took food for dinners this time. This was the 5th time we ever attended a NCRS meet in over 25 years with our 55 because we were involved in SACE in the 80's. So bottom line to any NCRS members that may use this forum we think it's over after more the 35 years being member #182 . There were good times and vary few bad times , but mostly will miss long time friends we made along the way.
Because I cant post this letter on NCRS telling friends we know, may be some NCRS member can . Thanks
PS. I do like the CF forum and plan to stay around to help and learn .

Last edited by 1955 copper; 08-24-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
amtronic1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So much for me ever wanting to be a NCRS member. My thanks to you for whatever information you can provide here.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Vogie
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What can you say. Another organization that thinks that it is more important than the membership that supports it. I think it is their loss and a display of incredible arrogance.

I had decided to back off on the quest to display the "other ncrs" decal on my car, but this has renewed the campaign.

Last edited by Vogie; 08-24-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:59 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,477 Likes on 904 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Your car was supposed to stay on the field overnight? After the judging was over? Why?

Doug
Old 08-24-2010, 06:02 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

2015 C1 of Year

Originally Posted by amtronic1
So much for me ever wanting to be a NCRS member. My thanks to you for whatever information you can provide here.
NO sorry 5PM
midyearvette
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i wonder if there has been a changing of the guard in ncrs over the years....
i am not a member but i can't help but chime in here
sounds like you really got taken to the woodshed this time
you maybe #182 to ncrs but your beautiful car and your great posts are a #1 to me
jmho...........
66jack
Team Owner

Received 829 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by 1955 copper
Will I made a bad decision at the Bend NCRS meet this month.I was told "not" to remove my 55 from the judging field till 5AM . The judging was done and people were cleaning up after the judges left for a well deserved rest . I wonted to collect my swap meet things back into my tear trop trailer , shower for the dinner and load luggage to get ready to drive early in the morning for home 425 miles. So now I've been band from NCRS for 15 months which is their rules . I was wrong I admit < and thought it was fare to not give me any judging award and to take my 55 of the field and that I could not attend any NCRS meet for the next 15 months .But when I got home I also realized I was also band from NCRS forum so I cant even tell others what happened explaining I was wrong leaving the field and apologizing .
When we attended the 05 National in Utah we left the judging field each day to go for dinners because we drive our 55 from Ca. And had nothing but the 55 to drive and every one was OK with that. At Bend we took food for dinners this time. This was the 5th time we ever attended a NCRS meet in over 25 years with our 55 because we were involved in SACE in the 80's. So bottom line to any NCRS members that may use this forum we think it's over after more the 35 years being member #182 . There were good times and vary few bad times , but mostly will miss long time friends we made along the way.
Because I cant post this letter on NCRS telling friends we know, may be some NCRS member can . Thanks
PS. I do like the CF forum and plan to stay around to help and learn .

NCRS Rules or Bends Rules?
Did you sign something regarding To NOT remove the car prior going to Bend?
Geeez, Are they that picky?
Was it a secured field?
I guess i won't go next year, even though I will only be in the Sportsman division.

That's the Vista point just after Deer Mtn. Lodge, Am i correct?

jack
Old 08-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have thought about joining NCRS, I am not a original number matching kind of guy, but see advantages to having access to the info you can only get if you are a member.

After the length of time you have supported them, I also have decided against joining.

I hope your time in (Pergatory) goes by quickly for you, I have enjoyed your comments and insight on other posts and threads.

R.J.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:04 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

2015 C1 of Year

Originally Posted by AZDoug
Your car was supposed to stay on the field overnight? After the judging was over? Why?

Doug
You cant take the car off the field till 5PM the night before you lieave
Old 08-24-2010, 06:08 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

2015 C1 of Year

Originally Posted by 66jack
Did you sign something regarding To NOT remove the car prior going to Bend?
Geeez, Are they that picky?
Was it a secured field?
I guess i won't go next year, even though I will only be in the Sportsman division.

That's the Vista point just after Deer Mtn. Lodge, Am i correct?

jack
Yes we'er on our way home from Bend , the 55 ran great 180 temp all the way there and back.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Roy, too many rules, not enough time to put up with them. Complete crap. Glad to have you here full time, and that shot of the mountains in the background is definitely a keeper, just gorgeous. Thanks, K
Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM
john5801
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default huh

55 copper.
don't quit.
i've been a member for -well since '85. and have read you're threads since then , even on sace. and read , sometimes even post on the ncrs board. .as you were the original founder of sace,i believe,
i would be very supprised if gary m. or any other of the org's founders and current officers for that matter let this happen... it's not what the org. is about , and with this type of priggish and senseless interpretations..
i would not quit..their wrong to withhold the award .etc..
i'll plan on sending gary a letter after i cool down after speaking with some ncrs regional officers in carlisle this week..
hang tough.
i look forward to continue reading you're ncrs and cf threads on the things that matter to us...
john
ncrs member

Last edited by john5801; 08-24-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: word
Old 08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by 66jack
Those are NCRS rules.
Roy, you didn't say how much before 5:00 you left. Still though, seems like a pretty stiff penalty if everyone was picking up as you say.
It's crap like this that gives the NCRS a bad name. I've been a member for over 25 years although I've never had any of my cars flight judged. There is no other information source that can compare to the NCRS, it's manuals and the tech. forum.
I wish the "powers that be" would lighten up and realize how these actions are perceived by others and how it effects membership. I'm sure there are plenty that will pass on joining after hearing how chicken **** they can be.
Sorry it happened Roy.
Jim
Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM
raypilot65
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Ncrs

As **** as those members are about nuts and bolts and overspray, I'm not surprised that they are as particular about their rules. I only belong for the forum, and the magazines.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm trying to figure this, so maybe somebody can enlighten me.

A 35 YEAR member breaks a rule and is Banned for 15 months, I can understand a 3 month ban on the forum and maybe a 6 or even 12 month ban on entering the car in a NCRS event, but 15 months?? Even convicted criminals get off with less time.

What a, ah never mind. Sorry about the rant, but jeezus, somebody must have felt like a real hard azz.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
mashinter
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 1955 copper
So now I've been band from NCRS for 15 months which is their rules . I was wrong I admit < and thought it was fare to not give me any judging award and to take my 55 of the field and that I could not attend any NCRS meet for the next 15 months .But when I got home I also realized I was also band from NCRS forum so I cant even tell others what happened explaining I was wrong leaving the field and apologizing .
Sorry to hear that Roy. You are a real asset to the TDB.
Please come back after your vacation in band camp.
If I posted what I think I'd be joining you...
Old 08-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello Roy

If they are going to petty and ban you for more than a year because you moved your car before 5pm. I would really question weather or not you want to be a part of NCRS? Unfortunately, some of them go to the local cruise in. I would hear about everything that was WRONG with my 63 Vette. I really dont give a dam it doesn't have the original shifter. I know a HURST shifter isnt stock, headers, etc. I just smile and say....Really? Nonbody ever modified a Midyear Sting Ray before? Christ most Sting Rays I saw in the late 70s early 80s were all modified.
It really is sad, that people at NCRS take a HOBBY that seriously. Roy maybe you are better off without them!

Get notified of new replies

To Leaving NCRS

Old 08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

Thats a real burn.

There should be some arbitration before such a rule knocks out a charter member. It's folks like you, that make the NCRS worth joining.
I do believe in following the rules. But I believe in tempered justice even more. This is not right.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

So after a grueling few days at a car show (bearing in mind many of us are middle aged or older) you wanted to get your stuff together a little early and rest in preparation for a morning start for the several hundred mile trip home in a 50+ year old car.

It seems the NCRS brass understand the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law...an all too common failing.

Darn if I would get on their forum and apologize for a thing...every NCRS event you would have attended for the next year will be diminished because your unique, one-of-a-kind car and your knowledge and comradeship will be absent.

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 08-24-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Give them HECK Roy! You have been around too long along with Noland. Ya just take the time off, 15 months ain't that long, go back with a fresh look and none the less!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leaving NCRS