C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cruise Control Indicator Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Cruise Control Indicator Light

I recently replaced the vacuum hose that leads from under the dash through the firewall and on to the CC solenoid. Up unitl last night, I have not had a chance to test the fix. I took the car out for a little sunset cruise with the wife. After some nice country roads we came to a stretch of 4 lane road. Just for kicks and not expecting any results, I pushed the button to set my cruise. HOLY SMOKE, the dang CC engaged! I now have cruise control!!! I was so tickled that I laughed out loud...

Need to solve one problem, I do not have the Cruise Control Indicator light illuminating in the instrument display when the cruise is engaged. Bulb out perhaps. Has anyone else had this issue? Beyond the light bulb in the dash what else should I check? Anyone have/had a similar issue?

Last edited by jakers; 08-05-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:12 PM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

What year Vette? I have a '92 and wasn't aware there was a CC light on the dash.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 PM
engle1147
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onedef92
What year Vette? I have a '92 and wasn't aware there was a CC light on the dash.
OP's profile indicates a '94.
No CC indicator.

Name:  90-96vettecluster.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  78.6 KB

Glad to hear you've got your cruise control back in order.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
aminnich
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jakers
I recently replaced the vacuum hose that leads from under the dash through the firewall and on to the CC solenoid. Up unitl last night, I have not had a chance to test the fix. I took the car out for a little sunset cruise with the wife. After some nice country roads we came to a stretch of 4 lane road. Just for kicks and not expecting any results, I pushed the button to set my cruise. HOLY SMOKE, the dang CC engaged! I now have cruise control!!! I was so tickled that I laughed out loud...

Need to solve one problem, I do not have the Cruise Control Indicator light illuminating in the instrument display when the cruise is engaged. Bulb out perhaps. Has anyone else had this issue? Beyond the light bulb in the dash what else should I check? Anyone have/had a similar issue?
Cool, one more thing to check off the to do list. There is no cruise indicator light on my 95, doubt there should be one on yours either.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:28 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I don't think any C4 has a cruise indicator light.
I can verify no indicator light on the '96.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:56 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default duh!

Originally Posted by aminnich
Cool, one more thing to check off the to do list. There is no cruise indicator light on my 95, doubt there should be one on yours either.

Thanks Folks!

& a BIG DUH! I have had GM trucks for years and made the assumption, before I checking the FSM or the owner's manual, that there would be one on the Vette. The good news is that now I don't have to worry about pulling the dash out to fix it! One less thing to do!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:40 PM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I wondered about this with my '85 as nothing lights up when engaged. Figured there would be something.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Pwnage1337
Tech Contributor

Received 188 Likes on 141 Posts

Kinda surprising that there isn't a CC light. I suppose they were probably more worried about the important things when they designed the cluster
Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Sinistrad
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pwnage1337
Kinda surprising that there isn't a CC light. I suppose they were probably more worried about the important things when they designed the cluster
Maybe they figured most people don't need a light to remind them that they've pressed a button and their foot's off the pedal.

What concerned me more than the missing light on my '92 auto, was that there's no cancel when I flick the transmission to neutral.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Black92FX36spd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my CC doesn't work either and I couldn't get my "light" to come on either. Thanks that is one less problem to solve, now to replace the Vac hose to see if that fixes it. ":cross fingers:"
Old 08-09-2010, 04:47 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinistrad
Maybe they figured most people don't need a light to remind them that they've pressed a button and their foot's off the pedal.

What concerned me more than the missing light on my '92 auto, was that there's no cancel when I flick the transmission to neutral.
Apparently it wasn't designed for the trans in neutral to do that. Yet once the engine hits redline with the trans in neutral I'll bet the cruise will shut down.

Jake

Get notified of new replies

To Cruise Control Indicator Light

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Indicator Light