Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I know this has been discussed before, but what to use as an amp trigger (but in the

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default I know this has been discussed before, but what to use as an amp trigger (but in the

My C6Z06 audio install in the '09 C6Z is complete but I can only find a circuit in the passenger's footwell that will turn the amp (PDX-5) on when the engine is running and will shut off when the engine is shut off. (IE; it won't power on in the ACC position, and go off when the ignition is off.) If the white wire in the B3 connector (I'd rather not go back in again) excites the factory Bose amps, and the amps are in the passenger's footwell, can any of you tell me where or what wire in the footwell I can use to switch (trigger) the PDX-5 on that would be located in the passenger's footwell, and work both in the ACC mode, and with the engine running, but shut down when the ignition is off (and the ACC is off also). My trigger wire is already in the footwell, and tagged to the heated seats/wiper fuse, but only powers the amp when the engine is running.
Thanks in advance,
Ed (Ol'55)
Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

I've since found and used successfully the white wire (B5) at the main din plug at the Bose amplifier located in the passenger's footwell. It does have a delay (but goes off in about 5 minutes). All is good for now. (On to the next procedure,LOL).
Old 06-20-2010, 12:01 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

For anyone else looking for switched power that's hot in accessory mode (not R.A.P.):

The above diagram is of the C6 I/P fuse box in the passenger footwell. The two fuses colored yellow are the ones most people use. The heated seats fuse (left most in yellow) is only hot with the car running. The wiper fuse (right most in yellow) is hot with the car running and also when you're in accessory mode.

If you use a mini add-a-circuit (like this), on the heated seat fuse you need to have the fuses facing down and the wire coming out to the right, and on the wiper fuse the fuses should face left with the wire coming out towards the floor.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:02 PM
San Diego Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Markcz-Very helpful. Thank you!!!
Paul

Get notified of new replies

To I know this has been discussed before, but what to use as an amp trigger (but in the

Quick Reply: I know this has been discussed before, but what to use as an amp trigger (but in the