Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck CD Changer Magazine

Old 04-15-2010, 12:05 PM
IDM
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stuck CD Changer Magazine

Guys I bought a cd changer and magazine and when it arrived the magazine was installed all the way.
Now I cant get it to eject even with power is there a trick?

Im guessing something happened in shipping?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
rickko
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you apply power to it with the disc carousel door completely closed, does it go through a startup routine where you hear what sounds like its loading each disc tray? The process takes about a minute to complete. The door has to be completely closed. If you don't hear that happening then I think you have a faulty player right off the bat. After the cycle completes then you should be able to open the door, wait a few seconds and then carousel should eject automatically.

..rickko..
Old 04-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

...and don't lay it flat. It doesn't like that too much.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
IDM
Le Mans Master

is there a way to manually eject it ?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:37 PM
IDM
Le Mans Master

anyone guys?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:48 PM
DeltaBravo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try turning it on its left end when looking at the front/door side. Then with power applied open the door. If there's a magazine tray stuck in there (happened to me twice), gravity will help it reload into the magazine, which should then pop out normally.

This isn't my idea, but I can't remember who posted it so I can give him/her props for it!

Dennis
Old 04-15-2010, 05:26 PM
gkohl
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran into this problem with a couple of units that I bought off of Ebay. Yes, there is a manual eject button. I can't remember the details at the moment. I'll have to take a look when I get home. If I remember correctly, there is a small hole in the upper left corner that you push a paper clip into. This presses on a switch that will eject the cartridge. The door needs to be open and the unit needs to be powered. It doesn't matter what orientation the unit is in. This unit will work sitting flat or on it's side.

If that doesn't work, pop the covers off. There is a lever inside that is impossible to describe here that you push on to release the cartridge. I had a problem with one of them where a disc got stuck inside the unit but I can't remember how I got it out. Had to pop the covers.

One of the units that I bought had a small piece of plastic floating around inside that broke off during shipping because the cartridge was not pushed all the way in. This piece came off of the door and was needed so the unit could detect the door being open. Superglue and JB Weld for support and all is good.

I'll recheck when I get home but I think this is correct.

George
Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 PM
IDM
Le Mans Master

tried the hole with paper clip no go!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
rboineau
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My CD changer cycles when a disconnected battery is re-connected. Probably won't help you, but worth a try as it might shake something loose. Good luck
Old 04-16-2010, 12:32 PM
IDM
Le Mans Master

I could just unplug the changer and plug it in to do the same thing no?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:08 PM
AUandAG
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Remove the outer case (6 screws) completely. Look for a white plastic piece on the bottom of the unit. Move it with your finger to eject the cartridge manually.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:10 AM
IDM
Le Mans Master

So that should do it ehh...
Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 PM
gamisou
Racer

Here's proof you took apart my perfectly good CD changer Ill refund your $10 you spent shipping it back to me all ****ed up with the magazine half pried out.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Electron Blue
4th Gear

Default CD Changer Stuck

My Pioneer 12 CD changer is the original in my 2002 vet, never had a problem until now. I could see slot 7 tray would not retrack back into the tray, so the tray would not pop out of the changer. The little button in the upper left corner does cycle the unit to try and reload the CD's, but with one stuck, it would not work. I had to remove the unit from the car (6 screws - 3 on each side). I removed the top and bottom case of the CD player (6 more screws). This will not give you access to the CD tray holder, but I could clearly see a CD was stuck on the platter. I connected the unit up to the vet again and hit the reset button with a paper clip. This time I could clearly see there were two disks on the platter. I kept hitting the reset button while turning the unit. Turning the unit upside down made one of the disks fall back into the holder. With only one disk on the platter I could now see the unit move up and down against the tray. I kept hitting the reset button until the unit moved up to the top slot - tray 12. Once there I reset it again and the tray popped out. I unplugged the unit and was able to remove the stuck CD from the platter through the opening where the tray sits. Common sense tips that I forgot to follow... don't leave CD's in the changer for 5 years... especially in Florida. Don't put paper labels on CDs that you burn - one more thing to get stuck.

Get notified of new replies

To Stuck CD Changer Magazine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stuck CD Changer Magazine