Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

2008- c6 part number for non bose stereo

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 AM
DarkFox1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008- c6 part number for non bose stereo

Topic says it all..

I tried to install an isimple last night and with the device plugged in my stock deck only displays the time and will not power. Dont know if there's something wrong with the isimple harness (I had to buy 2 for my truck before 1 would work) but I dont really wanna fool around with this.

I looked at the idea of an aftermarket deck but when it's all said and done I'm looking at more than $1200 if I install it myself and I'm still not very clear as to how it will sound considering the factory amp. I like the way the stock sounds.

So my question is..

what's the part number for 08+ non bose head units? (I assume I'm non bose.. I couldn't find on here how to tell but considering this car is mostly base.. its probably delco)

I'd prefer the 6 disc unit just to have that functionality if I decide to sell the car later. It's my understanding 08+s have an aux in built into the radio.

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:23 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Not trying to pick nits here, just trying to help you in your search...

There is no such thing as a Bose head unit in C6. The single & 6 disc units are made by Siemens and the NAV unit is made by Denso.

I'm not entirely sure from your description of the issue what you're doing, but just in case... if you put the radio from another car into your car you have to take it to the dealer and get it re-programmed via Tech II. Factory radios are locked to the VIN reported by the BCM and must be married to the car. What dealers charge for that varies but there's no getting around it with factory units.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
DarkFox1
Melting Slicks

I understand that.

I dug around on GMPD for like an hour and FINALLY found it.. 08 us8 code radio.. I ordered one.. I'll check it out when it arrives and put it in.. then have it re-married to the car. Not a problem by me..

I wanted an 08+ deck because it has a factory aux in connector on the faceplate and my 07 does not.

Good to know the decks are not different though. I checked my glovebox build info prior to order, I do have a us8 code 07 deck so the us8 08 deck with aux in should work after reprogramming.

For anyone curious of the answer to my question however, when I get the radio I will post the part # for future reference.

Maybe I'm insane but I imagine some other picky "stock look" people such as myself may be interested in doing this kind of thing to their 05-07s if for whatever reason.. they can't get an aftermarket aux in to work, or really dont want to fool with aftermarket components at all.

and thanks for the info!

Last edited by DarkFox1; 03-05-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:19 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St Jude Donor '13

Lots of folks have done it. The '08+ radios were very popular after they were released due to the aux jack on the face.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:27 PM
DarkFox1
Melting Slicks

ah, hrmm, I must have not searched for the right params.

Query tho.. since this is a brand new deck.. it still needs to be mated with the bcm?

not a problem I just dont know when I'll have time to do this considering all the GM service places here are closed on the weekends.

too bad it doesn't have a rear aux in I could route somewhere.. but.. I've had wires running all over my car before.. this wont be any different.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:16 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by DarkFox1
ah, hrmm, I must have not searched for the right params.

Query tho.. since this is a brand new deck.. it still needs to be mated with the bcm?

not a problem I just dont know when I'll have time to do this considering all the GM service places here are closed on the weekends.

too bad it doesn't have a rear aux in I could route somewhere.. but.. I've had wires running all over my car before.. this wont be any different.
I think you'll need dealer programming regardless.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
DarkFox1
Melting Slicks

gotcha.

well it's on the way..

thanks!
Old 03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
gaphono
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Please update us on the outcome......
So if I understand correctly, you have now installed a 2008 Radio into a 2007 car correct? Did you install a 6 Disc Radio in place of the single disc radio? did this ultimately require the dealer mating procedure?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:10 PM
DarkFox1
Melting Slicks

I wound up installing the same "us8" code radio from an 08 that my 07 had. It was a direct drop in from gmpartsdirect.com and required no unlock.

It works wonderfully.

Part number was not displayed on the GMPD website but the order invoice shows a part number of 15866354 for the radio that I ordered.

Get notified of new replies

To 2008- c6 part number for non bose stereo

Quick Reply: 2008- c6 part number for non bose stereo