C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Fender Emblem Placement

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 PM
2009stanger
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Fender Emblem Placement

A few months ago I joined this forum and had a question. I was amazed by the overwhelming response I received. I located a 65 Corvette with a small block. I had it inspected and all seemed good with the vehicle. The only thing I can find a little out of whack was the fender emblems(cross flags). They are placed slightly lower than they should be. The bottom is just above (or even at) the horizontal creases in the front fenders, whereas others I have seen are a few inches higher. Is this something I should be concerened about? And, can they be raised without messing up the body or would that be costly? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Welcome. It pretty much means the emblems at a minimum were relocated at some point in the past, either because the owner wanted to make a cosmetic change (unlikely) or because the fender panels were replaced. Edit: Actually there's a more reasonable 3rd option - that perhaps the emblems were "shaved" by the then-owner in the 60s, and then installed by a new owner later in the 70s, 80s, or 90s.

Here's an annotated photo from my 65, this side at least has never been damaged or wrecked to my knowledge:

As for moving them without messing up the body: Well, if on a rare chance they are some sort of glued on emblem (which I've never heard of for those parts) then you may be able to get it off and move it.

Otherwise you are talking about removing the emblem, filling the 2 mounting holes, drilling 2 new mounting holes, and repainting.

Last edited by 62Jeff; 03-17-2010 at 11:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JackTripper (11-21-2015)
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Body shops used to repair the nose and the "v" with glass matt and the holes would get covered. Nobody in those days cared less where the emblem went back, they just eyeballed it, good enough!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get notified of new replies

To Fender Emblem Placement

Quick Reply: Fender Emblem Placement