Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Looking for a good wax

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:17 PM
goldrenegade
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good wax

Ive tried several different waxes from my local auto parts store and havent really been impressed by any. Can someone recomend a good wax that can be applied by hand? To scared to put a buffer on my baby
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Many waxes can be used without need for buffer, infact buffer is commonly used with abrasive pads and abrasive polishes to correct paint prior to waxing.

Pure Waxes (Show Waxes) --- Dodo Hard Candy, Dodo Juiced, Pinnacle SSII , Liquid Souveran, Souveran Paste, Wolfgang Fuzion, DP Max Wax, Poorboys Natty Blue/Red

Waxes with light cleaners --- Pinnacle XMT360 , Optimum Poly-Seal

Pure Sealants (Synthetics) --- Four Star UPP, Wolfgang Concours, Optimum Optiseal, Ultima, Duragloss

Sealants with light cleaners --- Poorboys Sealant w/ Polish, Duragloss TPP

Call us if you need help. If not polishing you might want to consider the products listed above (with cleaners) for best look. If polishing, usually a pure wax or sealant is all thats needed to protect the finish underneath. Many more exist ... and we sell to our forum friends with addtl discount. So call us ... or shop www.autogeek.net
Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 PM
goldrenegade
Advanced

Just tell me what will give me the best pop and I will buy it.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 AM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

Try some Wolfgang Fuzion from Autogeek.

That's what I'm trying at this point...ordered it today.

An 8oz container is not cheap, as it runs about $130, but right now you get a free 3oz container and a free refill of the 8oz container when you need it.

It's a carnauba wax that also has polymers in it so it is supposed to have the benefits of a natural wax with the added durability of the synthetics.

Going to give it a try and see how it works as compared to the pure synthentic sealant (Zaino) I've been using for years...
Old 12-08-2009, 12:16 AM
goldrenegade
Advanced

wow, thats some costly stuff. Think I might wait on that. Lemme know how well it works.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 AM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

chemical guys ez-creme glaze by hand topped by blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection should make it pop
Old 12-08-2009, 12:23 AM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

Ya, it's not cheap and I'm sure plenty of people will say the cost isn't worth it.

For me, I was trying to decide between going with a canauba wax or continue using the synthetics. The problem with the canaubas is they aren't as durable as sythetics, but they do have what many consider to be the richest shines that give the best wet look, etc. So I really didn't want to pick one or the other.

Wolfgang Fuzion is designed to blend the two, hence the name.

If it does what it says it does, it will be worth it for me. Getting an extra 3oz can is nice and the free 8oz refill essentially ends up making it cost $65 per can. Not too bad if it does the job.

I hope to get the stuff delivered by the weekend and I'll spend a day applying the process as soon as I get it.

I'll post a thread on it all sometime over the weekend hopefully.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by goldrenegade
This stuff is a little more affordable and performs very well......

Old 12-08-2009, 06:46 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for P21S (or S100 in a motorcycle shop, its the same product but less expensive)
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,920 Likes on 4,806 Posts

If you want some "POP" try Satin Gloss Wax it is easy to apply and remove and will give you the pop you are looking for. Cost about $18.00,google it for the best price with shipping. It is a liquid and comes in a 32 oz. bottle.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Collinite 845 is my current choice.

Having done pinnacle, zaino, nxt, mother's, meguiars gold class, adam's, rejex and maybe a few others.

http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-in...r-wax-845.html

Autogeek is good people.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
blkvette98
Instructor

Default wax

I have a small detail busniess and do around 50/60 cars during the summer months. I have probably tried just about every wax available. When I use Pete's 53 from Chem guys I always seem to get the best results and the most compliments. I think its about $45. and worth every penny of it. Ive done this test many, many , times where I do a panel with one of the other waxes, pinnacle, wolfgang, dodo juice and go over a small portion of the same panel again with Pete's 53 and actually see a noticeable difference. This is mostly on darker colors though. It also seems that using this wax bring me the best customer tips.
Just some comments from my experience. Let us know how you make out and Good Luck!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:44 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by goldrenegade
The list I provided above all work well and easy to use too. Pop is really more about proper surface prep and that means paint cleansing (Pinnacle Lotion, P21S GEPC) or polishing by machine prior to any wax.

If you decide on the P21S Wax offered in post above (which is a great wax) splurge for the newer 100% version as its a clear upgrade and should not break the bank.

http://www.autogeek.net/p21s-100--carnauba-wax.html

But right now ... for the money I'd go to our BOGO area and ****** the XMT360 (Cleaner wax) or Pinnacle Sig Series II (pure wax). They are serious deals !!

http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html
Old 12-08-2009, 08:52 PM
goldrenegade
Advanced

I couldnt pass up the deal. I went with the Pinnacle Sig Series II from autogeeks. I have a hard time passing up on BOGOs. Ill let you know how it works. Ill probly try some other stuff to. Thanks for all the info! Hope this thread helped out someone else to!
Old 01-01-2011, 03:54 PM
TOPCATHR
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have tried many waxs and synthetics the duragloss was very easy to apply and remove and did last. I was turned on to collinite 845 wax its only 15 a bottle it is very easy to apply and lasts much longer than any other wax i have ever tried. My vette is a black 98 vert , sometimes we get caught up in the more it cost the better it is try collinite you will be very surprised..........
Old 01-01-2011, 05:03 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
I have tried many waxs and synthetics the duragloss was very easy to apply and remove and did last. I was turned on to collinite 845 wax its only 15 a bottle it is very easy to apply and lasts much longer than any other wax i have ever tried. My vette is a black 98 vert , sometimes we get caught up in the more it cost the better it is try collinite you will be very surprised..........
Heres another that will have you grinning with price, durability and outcome too.

http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html
Old 01-05-2011, 05:13 PM
fennerhillpro
Racer

I agree with the Collinite comments try it!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a good wax

Quick Reply: Looking for a good wax