C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone doing the christmas thread this year?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:35 PM
cargo247
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone doing the christmas thread this year?

just thought i would ask, ho ho ho.
Todd
Old 11-27-2009, 10:58 PM
redman76
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I've been wondering the same thing. I had not participated in the past because I didn't have anything worth offering. This year I set aside some stuff that I thought someone might be able to use. It sure sounds like fun from what I've read and hope to join in this year.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:02 PM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Guys,

Read me in. I have never participated in any special Christmas event on the forum. Is this like the pay it forward thing?

Terry
Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

I asked Eddie70, but have not received a response. It's a big responsiblity to take on and make sure it runs smooth. If anyone want's to get it started, feel free. I think this is our 5th year of the thread. I know DB asked to run it last year, but he lost control of it about have way through when he went out of town.

The rules should be the same as the original thread. It's a giving thread, not a pay it forward thread. Let the tradition continue.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Just looked it up. The 5th was in 06, so I guess we are in the 8th year of the freebie thread. You can copy and paste the same rules from 2006 if you want.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...ie-thread.html
Old 11-28-2009, 12:26 PM
cargo247
Drifting

use that list is it not made a sticky at the top? , lets start it and it will take a life of its own
Todd
Old 11-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman68
Just looked it up. The 5th was in 06, so I guess we are in the 8th year of the freebie thread. You can copy and paste the same rules from 2006 if you want.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...ie-thread.html
I have made some contributions in past years so here goes. This rear speakerbar is gathering dust in my basement. I would say $20-25 for shipping from Canada to USA. Dye/paint to your desired colour.

Width is 50 1/2" but the unit telescopes as you trim the middle section.

First come, first served. PM me. I will verify shipping costs next week.

Last edited by Paul L; 11-28-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Jeffery73
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I've got a couple of things that I have been hanging onto all year. I'll take some pictures in the next day or two.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:59 PM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default X-mas

Med. Saddle seat belts, out of a 73, but will fit other C-3's. Retractor's worked when removed, but are now froze up. Cloth and chrome in great shape, worth restoring or replacing your frayed ones. $10 shipping fee and they are yours....Merry Christmas CF.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Originally Posted by paul 74
I have made some contributions in past years so here goes. This rear speakerbar is gathering dust in my basement. I would say $20-25 for shipping from Canada to USA. Dye/paint to your desired colour.

Width is 50 1/2" but the unit telescopes as you trim the middle section.

First come, first served. PM me. I will verify shipping costs next week.

This item has been claimed. Merry Christmas to the claimee!! It will be shipped in a couple of days.

Get those unused parts out to other Corvette folks who can need them. Unfortunately I do not have much more besides a 1967 Goodwood Green gas lid. Yes, original, not repro.

Last edited by Paul L; 11-28-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:36 PM
cargo247
Drifting

Nice looks like we got xmas thread, i will have to look around,

thanks budman68 for this list

It's that time of the year again. It's time for the 5th Annual Christmas Freebie Thread. For you new guys, about 5 years ago someone started a thread that turned into a huge giveaway event. It seem to solidify my staying on this forum by watching people bond and become better friends. Every year it has grown and last year was the largest giveaway thread on the Corvette forum, something like 20,000 views and 500 plus replies.

Alright, now for the rules. Yes, more rules.

1) You can give as much as you want, agree on shipping in your PM with one-another

2) You can only pick one item. If you pick more than one item, then you will .......Let's just not go there.

3) No request for items. This is just stuff that we are not using and hopefully can go to a good home.

4) You can only request the item in a reply post. No PM's or emails. Just put your email or ask for the item. The giver will PM you and ask for your address.

5) Once your item is gone, please edit your post with who it went to.

Let's have fun with this and wish each other good will. Merry Christmas, C-3 Forum

Last edited by cargo247; 11-28-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Originally Posted by cargo247
Nice looks like we got xmas thread, i will have to look around,

thanks budman68 for this list

It's that time of the year again. It's time for the 5th Annual Christmas Freebie Thread. For you new guys, about 5 years ago someone started a thread that turned into a huge giveaway event. It seem to solidify my staying on this forum by watching people bond and become better friends. Every year it has grown and last year was the largest giveaway thread on the Corvette forum, something like 20,000 views and 500 plus replies.

1) You can give as much as you want, but the giver always pays the shipping. The receiver can offer to pay shipping, but not obligated.

2) You can only pick one item. If you pick more than one item, then you will .......Let's just not go there.

3) No request for items. This is just stuff that we are not using and hopefully can go to a good home.

4) You can only request the item in a reply post. No PM's or emails. Just put your email or ask for the item. The giver will PM you and ask for your address.

Let's have fun with this and wish each other good will. Merry Christmas, C-3 Forum
Disagree. The part is free but the receiver agrees to pay the shipping.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:12 PM
GT1981
Advanced

Default christmas give-away

free to good home... Wooden drink tray/cup holder up for grabs. Slides over emergency brake handle.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:21 PM
cargo247
Drifting

Originally Posted by paul 74
Disagree. The part is free but the receiver agrees to pay the shipping.
ok lets make it that you both agree on shipping in your PM with one-another

Mods can you make this a sticky and change the start of this thread to (2009 xmas give away)
Todd
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

There needs to be a new topic w/ title
8th Annual Christmas Freebie
or title changed & first post modified to include the rules posted by
Originally Posted by Budman68

1) You can give as much as you want, but the giver always pays the shipping. The receiver can offer to pay shipping, but not obligated.

Let's have fun with this and wish each other good will. Merry Christmas, C-3 Forum.

PS As to the question about shipping this has been handled by No.1 & common courtesy regarding out of USA &/or heavy items by many.
You can look through the topics to see how it was well done. To give a quick summary, for example someone overseas will commonly offer to help w/ shipping. Someone giving away a heavy item might specify local pickup or help w/ shipping. Someone overseas or in a another country like Canada might ask for help w/ shipping.

Last edited by Ganey; 11-29-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:37 AM
VettePekka
Instructor

With a couple of simple mods we could keep this running smooth, and accommodate various concerns / questions about shipping etc.

Also, the threads usually end up becoming long and hard to read w/ questions and answers back and forth about condition of itme(s) etc.

How about 2 separate threads:

1. Santa's Sleigh = Item(s) you want to give:

a)Post as accurate description as possible, including whether you are willing to pay for shipping or if you expect the receiver to pay for shipping

b)Post picture(s) of the item(s)

c) all correspondence via PM or email function. In other words, the thread will be an easy-to-read list of items people are giving away

d)UPDATE your post, when your item(s) have been claimed.

2. Wish List = Item(s) you would like to receive:

a)Post as accurate description as possible of the item(s) you are wishing for, including whether you are willing to pay for the shipping.

b)All correspondence via PM or email function. In other words, the thread will be just a simple list of item(s) people would like to receive.

c)UPDATE your post once Santa has granted your wish.

Also, please make both of them sticky threads in the C3 General section to keep them separate from parts for sale/wanted

Last edited by VettePekka; 11-29-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 AM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Header Reducers

While we work through the details of the thread, I have a set of new (in the box) header reducers I've been carrying around for the last 2 moves. Free to someone in need.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

At this point, someone should own the thread and start an official thread. Just let all the new guys know. The Freebie thread was set up as a gift to others or to help out their fellow online friends. It was never set up as a wish list or pay it forward thread. You give or you can take one item. No shipping details or exceptions to rules.

People have given everything from motors to paint jobs, with the only gift in return.."Friendship".
Old 11-29-2009, 12:53 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Someone here can start it...make it the Official C3 Pay it Forward Holiday thread and let me know..I will make it a sticky.. please post rules etc...see this thread or the one in C5 Gen for help..

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone doing the christmas thread this year?

Quick Reply: Anyone doing the christmas thread this year?