C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cancel onstar will phone still work????

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Cancel onstar will phone still work????

Does anyone know if i cancel onstar in my 09 will the phone still work thru the onstar module??????? they just offered me 12 dollars a month but just dont use the onstart for anything. no way to get locked out because even if i left the key in it it wont be locked out. The diagnostic thing is a waste for me have a nav thingy and might use the wreck part (hope not to) any thots? I just called them and they offered me 12 bucks a month. thxs pAuL

Last edited by HANNY; 10-18-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
LucaBrasiAZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

i tried it with my Hummer with no success, although i have heard with the correct aftermarket radio with bluetooth you can use the existing onstar mic although i have yet to see it happen.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Nope won't work, they go hand in hand.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,920 Likes on 4,806 Posts

Nope, I wish it would or you could just pay a fee for minutes as that was the only feature I used.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

My 09 JSB Coupe was 1 yr old in September. I did not buy any more minutes on the phone so the phone wont work. I am paying month to month on the OnStar until I put it away for the winter. But even tho I still have OnStar I dont have a working phone. When I take the car out of storage next spring I am almost sure I will not bring back OnStar. I hope this helps you...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:54 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

not the "onstar" phone but my personal celly will or wont work?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:06 PM
buffguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HANNY
not the "onstar" phone but my personal celly will or wont work?
im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Originally Posted by buffguy
im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.
thxs, thats what i am wondering about.....
Old 10-18-2009, 11:12 PM
candlemuse
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buffguy
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I realize 'money is money' but IMO, if you value and use the more powerful, hands-free OnStar phone...for the pennies a day it cost I'd renew.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:08 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

If your 09 is a 2LT or 3LT BT is standard and your cell phone will work without OnStar.

However if your car is a 1LT (no BT) then the only way to use the built in HFC is to have an active OnStar account and buy some HFC minutes.

My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.

So the key is which trim package do you have?

Tom
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Cypher
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.
Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Cypher
Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates?
No kidding, and this is the top of the line SRX with the Preimum Luxury Collection package.

GM continues to baffle long time supporters/buyers.

Tom
Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Originally Posted by candlemuse
thxs

Originally Posted by Wayne O
I realize 'money is money' but IMO, if you value and use the more powerful, hands-free OnStar phone...for the pennies a day it cost I'd renew.
i may look into that

If your 09 is a 2LT or 3LT BT is standard and your cell phone will work without OnStar.

However if your car is a 1LT (no BT) then the only way to use the built in HFC is to have an active OnStar account and buy some HFC minutes.

So the key is which trim package do you have?

Tom
wierd aint it

Originally Posted by Cypher

dont make sense does it

No kidding, and this is the top of the line SRX with the Preimum Luxury Collection package.

GM continues to baffle long time supporters/buyers.

Tom
me to
Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

HANNY, I see your 2009 is a 2LT. You have stand alone BT capability, you don't need OnStar for HFC. Just pair your phone and press on.

I sure wish our 09 SRX and my 07 Z06 had BT.

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To Cancel onstar will phone still work????

Quick Reply: Cancel onstar will phone still work????