C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius Radio

Old 05-02-2009, 11:52 PM
geewez
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Sirius Radio

While I enjoy listening to the XM radio that came in my Vette, we just recently purchased a Challenger which came with the Sirius radio. Does anyone know whether there's any "special renewal code" for Sirius like the $77 renewal special for the XM users?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 AM
bryantbjb
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tired to renew (I replaced my XM early on) and they were happy to see me leave as a customer. No deal for me. Did not even try to keep me. And I paid each month - go figure.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:16 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 774 Likes on 435 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by bryantbjb
I just tired to renew (I replaced my XM early on) and they were happy to see me leave as a customer. No deal for me. Did not even try to keep me. And I paid each month - go figure.
I Had the Nav option on mine but no XM , so it was cheaper to add the Sirius kit instead of the XM. I installed it back in Dec 08 so I am about half way though my sub, and they keep calling me to extend the sub.
No cheap deals , although when I disconnected it from my wife's Benz ( she did not like it) , they offered me 2 months free if I stayed.

I will probably be canceling at the end of the contract anyway. Sound quality is , regular radio sounds better
Now that I have added the Ipod kit , it's all the music I will ever need
Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Daytona Bob
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 & '12, '14

There's no deal because Sirius sounds better and has better programming.

In addition they know how to run a business (Great Customer svc) So why offer a deal?

Wife gets Sirius in her SUV

I stick with XM because I'm a cheap **** and laugh when they give me crappy service / call back until I get what I want.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:00 AM
spinedoc77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aren't they the same company now? I only have Xm but I get all the Sirius channels now.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Rocketmanwpb
Safety Car

Received 450 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by spinedoc77
Aren't they the same company now? I only have Xm but I get all the Sirius channels now.
They merged earlier this year, but they broadcast on different frequencies so you have to pay extra for Sirius programming on XM and vice versa.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:43 AM
2vette2
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 413 Likes on 189 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

No special deal here. I told them that I had XM in my vette, they said that's nice, but no deal. I dropped them when the free period was up. We'll wait and see if they contact me to renew again with any deals.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

I have a Sirius radio in my Daily Driver. I got the lifetime subscription. It cost $399. I can also access it from my home computer.

Now if Sirius only stays in business, I'll get my money's worth.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My XM is expiring soon, so if they don't give me a deal I will cancel it.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Quasar21
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Bob
There's no deal because Sirius sounds better and has better programming.

In addition they know how to run a business (Great Customer svc) So why offer a deal?

Wife gets Sirius in her SUV

I stick with XM because I'm a cheap **** and laugh when they give me crappy service / call back until I get what I want.
Must be a different Sirius. I had the free year's subscription in a Chrysler product I bought. It was scheduled to expire in April of the following year. I had a letter to prove it. Well, on Christmas day, while traveling, it went tango uniform. Try being on the back roads of south Georgia on Christmas morning and see if you can get anything on the radio other than Rudolf. I called the 800 number to see what was up. They said my subscription had expired. I told them it had not and I was looking at the letter from them stating it was to expire the following April. Went round and round with the clown that wasn't happy to be working and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said no, they wouldn't turn the signal back on unless I renewed right then. I told them that it might take a while for me to renew because hell hadn't frozen over yet. Still hasn't and I'm still not a customer of those clowns. Besides, any company stupid enough to throw away good money on Howard Stern isn't a company I want to do business with.

Get notified of new replies

To Sirius Radio

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sirius Radio