C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Seat track repair

Old 04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Seat track repair

Has anyone taken apart a power seat track. Not changed it but disassembled one. It looks like the only wear items are the aluminum blocks that are riveted to the track. I have a loose one got a good low miles one and it has play as well. I needed it more for the motors so no big deal. Are these blocks available if not if I machined a bunch up whould people be interested? It looks like grind the rivet off pull block out replace and would use a shallow head allen bolt to hold the new one in.. Any comments or ideas?? While I am headed for late 50's I am not ready for a rocking chair at least not in a corvette... I wonder if I will ever get to drive this thing..LOL...
Dave
Old 04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Demonic85
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The parts that wear out on the power tracks are the plastic motor parts. This usually wont allow the seat to move forward or back, but can still tilt. Someone on here was tinkering with rebuilt parts but I havent heard anything about it since. The only way to fix this is to get a new/rebuilt seat track.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:25 PM
QUICK87
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shipped my old tracks off and had them rebuilt.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:54 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ddahlgren
Has anyone taken apart a power seat track. Dave
I did but look at MY post (#19) in this link and it will answer most of your questions.

The housing and end caps break. The repairs are not hard, but parts NOT available. I have no idea where the rebuliders get their parts....its a secret.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...eat-gears.html

Little more info:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...-question.html

Last edited by pcolt94; 04-28-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:19 AM
QUICK87
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is that I'm not real mechanical and they looked to hard. Wilcox sent me a set and they looked brand new and work perfect.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat track repair

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat track repair