Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

84 Coupe for sale on Long Island ?

Old 03-21-2009, 05:08 PM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 84 Coupe for sale on Long Island ?

I really breaks my heart to post this

And pisses me off

But ---

“84” A-4 Black W/ what’s left of a tan interior - Z-52 / A-4 coupe for sale on long Island.

It was rear ended in "05" - The gas tank was dented ( I still have the original build sheet ), and the aluminum sub frame was tweaked. When checked on the frame jig the main frame was OK. An 85 donor was used for the glass hatch, both fenders, sub-frame, gas tank and head light motors.

I did a “I mite as well as --”

I paid to have the whole vette repainted and hood louvers were glassed in smooth and opened underneath, so they work. A “91” ZR-1 glass rear bumper was used - filling in the badge / name recess’s and the third brake light opening. A wire was run for a roof mounted LED third brake light bar I have in the storage compartment ( great place for it ). The hatch, door and top gaskets were replaced, along with the outside window sweeps, and those little plastic thingies to keep the side glass from rattling.

The top of the radiator shroud was opened up and screen’s installed so the fresh air ducting actually works - The few times I was caught in the rain - no problems. Hood gasket at the base of the wind shield was cut back, except over the distributor.
Z-51-ish ( its lower than stock ) air dam w/ brake cooling ducts, I installed hardware cloth for hamburger paper screening, but I didn’t install the hoses. Along with a Big Mouth Air Dam. Front Altec splash guards painted to match on the vette - the rears I don’t have - “84’s” are different than “91’s” - never got around to re-ordering them.

Front and rear “91” emblems were installed because I hate red.

Radiator was replaced with a real one w/ metal tanks. 160 deg. thermostat along with a 180 deg. fan switch installed - So far this vette has never over heated on me.

Since I owned it - I’ve replaced the water pump once - alternator once ( with a fresh belt ) - battery once ( with a red top ) - A /C compressor once with a 134 A kit used --last summer it worked fine.
The cat is hollowed out with a Dynomax “Y” pipe ( with the cross over ) and Flow Master “40's” - still sounds great.

The previous owner had 2 cross-over’s, 4 amps and 2 - 10” speakers behind a piece of rug covered plywood. All that crap I removed ( some wiring is still there ) - but the amps go with the vette ( do they still work - I’ve no idea ? ) The Rockwood XR 4700 cassette player radio is still in the dash but the door speaker’s are missing.

I had Southern Electronics rebuild the digi dash ( that was $275.-ish ). Heater / defrost works.
A-4 trans was rebuilt with a B & M shift improver kit installed. I then put a B & M trans cooler between the Rad. and A / C condenser.

Even though I have to sell the vette for financial reasons ---

Rock Bottom price -- $3,500.

PS - Mileage 81,611 - But since I've owned it - I only average 500-ish a summer

If interested P / M for a look see -- No free test drives -- I'll drive it

Last edited by RICEKILA; 08-20-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

Received 138 Likes on 129 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

The computer is giving me data base errors, were are you located?
Old 03-22-2009, 02:51 PM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

I got both your P / M's -- and I answered them

Lindenhurst about 40 mins. from you

In the vette ---- less
Old 03-23-2009, 02:42 PM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

Still available ---
Old 03-25-2009, 09:18 AM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

A little bump
Old 04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

Was get-en near the bottom - so - bump
Old 04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

well , you never know i am in the process of getting a c4 from another member here, but his PM box is full and havent been able to contact him, can you refresh us of what kind of mileage, and what extras are on the vette? you never know, what could happen, i finally got the wife to say yes, as long as i redo the bathroom , new toilet sink, and floor walls etc etc etc, if i purchase this vette , my wife is going to make me pay drastically, let us know
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

would be interested in knowing some more on the car if you dont mind.. mileage, why the sale, etc... I dont expect anything perfect or near it for this price and year just want some background

thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 09:11 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

BTW are you sure you have this right that this is an 84? The bumper looks more like a late model c4 rear then an earlier model?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:42 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

accidents? why the updated rear?
more info willl help for sure. good luck
Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by pologreen1
accidents? why the updated rear?
more info willl help for sure. good luck
those are some good questions
Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

I added more details - which is what I should have posted originally --- but - I don't want to sell it -- I have too

Last edited by RICEKILA; 04-07-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

What is the mileage? Do we need to get on your site to find out?
Old 04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Wait wow mileage is only that low, i really like it, no accidents, making sure all the cf members see this, yes let me rethink this because that sir is a great price, i plan on using this a a daily driver, can it be taken with no problems?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:31 PM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

The only problem -- is carrying the box of "Quarter's" to my house
Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 AM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Chuck A
Wait wow mileage is only that low, i really like it, no accidents, making sure all the cf members see this, yes let me rethink this because that sir is a great price, i plan on using this a a daily driver, can it be taken with no problems?
Chuck let me know what you are doing.. Im interested as a track car..
Old 04-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by SpeedRacerGirl
Chuck let me know what you are doing.. Im interested as a track car..
pm :sent to you

Get notified of new replies

To 84 Coupe for sale on Long Island ?

Old 04-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Paul Hilliard
Cruising

Default Is Car still for sale? Let me know.....?

Is this car still for sale? Please let me know......?
Originally Posted by RICEKILA

And pisses me off

But ---

“84” A-4 Black W/ what’s left of a tan interior - Z-52 / A-4 coupe for sale on long Island.

It was rear ended in "05" - The gas tank was dented ( I still have the original build sheet ), and the aluminum sub frame was tweaked. When checked on the frame jig the main frame was OK. An 85 donor was used for the glass hatch, both fenders, sub-frame, gas tank and head light motors.

I paid to have the whole vette repainted and hood louvers were glassed in smooth and opened underneath, so they work. A “91” ZR-1 glass rear bumper was used - filling in the badge / name recess’s and the third brake light opening. A wire was run for a roof mounted LED third brake light bar I have in the storage compartment ( great place for it ). The hatch, door and top gaskets were replaced, a long with the outside window sweeps, and those little plastic thingies to keep the side glass from rattling.

The top of the radiator shroud was opened up and screen’s installed so the fresh air ducting actually works - The few times I was caught in the rain - no problems. Hood gasket at the base of the wind shield was cut back, except over the distributor.
Z-51-ish ( its lower than stock ) air dam w/ brake cooling ducts, I installed hardware cloth for hamburger paper screening, but I didn’t install the hoses. A long with a Big Mouth Air Dam. Front Altec splash guards painted to match on the vette - the rears I don’t have - “84’s” are different than “91’s” - never got around to re-ordering them.

Radiator was replaced with a real one w/ metal tanks. 160 deg. thermostat a long with a 180 deg. fan switch installed - So far this vette has never over heated on me.

Since I owned it - I’ve replaced the water pump once - alternator once ( with a fresh belt ) - battery once ( with a red top ) - A /C compressor once with a 134 A kit used --last summer it worked fine.
The cat is hollowed out with a Dynomax “Y” pipe ( with the cross over ) and Flow Master “40's” - still sounds great.

The previous owner had 2 cross-over’s, 4 amps and 2 - 10” speakers behind a piece of rug covered plywood. All that crap I removed ( some wiring is still there ) - but the amps go with the vette ( do they still work - I’ve no idea ? ) The Rockwood XR 4700 cassette player radio is still in the dash but the door speaker’s are missing?

I had Southern Electronics rebuild the digi dash ( that was 275.-ish ). Heater / defrost works.
A-4 trans was rebuilt with a B & M shift improver kit installed. I then put a B & M trans cooler between the Rad. and A / C condenser.

I would be interested in a CJ-5, 6 or 7 in trade. ( Da Wife-ie is gonna plotz )

Rock Bottom price -- $4000.00

Old 04-12-2009, 07:29 PM
RICEKILA
Safety Car

Yes it is
Old 04-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Paul Hilliard
Cruising

Default More Pics?

I live in NC, can you send me more pics of this car, meaning every angle and all inside interior. I am interested, but would like to see more of this vehicle before I consider a road trip which would be very soon....Here is my email. p.hilliard@roadrunner.com. Thanks!
Originally Posted by RICEKILA

And pisses me off

But ---

I paid to have the whole vette repainted and hood louvers were glassed in smooth and opened underneath, so they work. A “91” ZR-1 glass rear bumper was used - filling in the badge / name recess’s and the third brake light opening. A wire was run for a roof mounted LED third brake light bar I have in the storage compartment ( great place for it ). The hatch, door and top gaskets were replaced, a long with the outside window sweeps, and those little plastic thingies to keep the side glass from rattling.

Z-51-ish ( its lower than stock ) air dam w/ brake cooling ducts, I installed hardware cloth for hamburger paper screening, but I didn’t install the hoses. A long with a Big Mouth Air Dam. Front Altec splash guards painted to match on the vette - the rears I don’t have - “84’s” are different than “91’s” - never got around to re-ordering them.

Radiator was replaced with a real one w/ metal tanks. 160 deg. thermostat a long with a 180 deg. fan switch installed - So far this vette has never over heated on me.

The previous owner had 2 cross-over’s, 4 amps and 2 - 10” speakers behind a piece of rug covered plywood. All that crap I removed ( some wiring is still there ) - but the amps go with the vette ( do they still work - I’ve no idea ? ) The Rockwood XR 4700 cassette player radio is still in the dash but the door speaker’s are missing?

I had Southern Electronics rebuild the digi dash ( that was 275.-ish ). Heater / defrost works.

I would be interested in a CJ-5, 6 or 7 in trade. ( Da Wife-ie is gonna plotz )

Rock Bottom price -- $4000.00

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 84 Coupe for sale on Long Island ?