Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Headers in IL - emissions trouble?

Old 02-22-2009, 08:00 PM
twold
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers in IL - emissions trouble?

Alright you boys from Illinois. Can anyone tell me if I will have a problem passing Illinois emissions tesing if I install LT Headers with high flow cats and X pipe on my C5(& Tune)? What should I look out for here?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
vettejet2004
4th Gear

Default Headers

As long as the tune is done properly, they never look under the hood. They plug into the computer read out, if no faults are indicated you pass.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:27 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

Originally Posted by vettejet2004
As long as the tune is done properly, they never look under the hood. They plug into the computer read out, if no faults are indicated you pass.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:57 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by vettejet2004
I've never had a problem passing it with my car.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:17 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

as long as the rear o2s are deleted out with your tune, you shouldn't have any issues. I just had to take the vette in for emissions and my car was rumbling the whole testing center with a full exhaust and cam and I passed, lol. they don't even test gas caps anyore. One thing that has changed is that they'd like you to bring in your emissions notice that you get in the mail with you. They use it to scan your car in. If you don't bring it with you, the pass card you got from the previous test will do or they have to manually enter your vin.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Foxman86
Racer

didnt have a problem I passed with LT's, and catless x-pipe, just make sure your not throwing a code for the o2 sensors
Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Fuelie74
Racer

Originally Posted by twold
Alright you boys from Illinois. Can anyone tell me if I will have a problem passing Illinois emissions tesing if I install LT Headers with high flow cats and X pipe on my C5(& Tune)? What should I look out for here?
You mean Dailey's Kingdom not Illinois. I live in Illinois and have NEVER had to take an emissions test.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:30 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by DPG
as long as the rear o2s are deleted out with your tune, you shouldn't have any issues. I just had to take the vette in for emissions and my car was rumbling the whole testing center with a full exhaust and cam and I passed, lol. they don't even test gas caps anyore. One thing that has changed is that they'd like you to bring in your emissions notice that you get in the mail with you. They use it to scan your car in. If you don't bring it with you, the pass card you got from the previous test will do or they have to manually enter your vin.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 PM
yankee0304
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Fuelie74
You mean Dailey's Kingdom not Illinois. I live in Illinois and have NEVER had to take an emissions test.
In Crook and counties pretty much surrounding, and counties around the St. Louis area have to be tested due to air quality issues. It's all mandated by the EPA.

The vast majority of Illinois is sparsely populated enough that air quality is not a significant issue, and therefore testing is not required.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:21 PM
yell01
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by yankee0304
In Crook and counties pretty much surrounding, and counties around the St. Louis area have to be tested due to air quality issues. It's all mandated by the EPA.

The vast majority of Illinois is sparsely populated enough that air quality is not a significant issue, and therefore testing is not required.
I haven't had to go for an emissions test in at least 10 years. Might be because I don't keep my cars long enough.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers in IL - emissions trouble?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headers in IL - emissions trouble?