C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone tell if any Recall has been done on my car..

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Can anyone tell if any Recall has been done on my car..

I bought a 2005... it just went out of GM warranty, but I have the roof squeak only once in awhile...

Here is the VIN # VIN 1G1YY24U955135825

if anyone can tell me "ANYTHING" about this car I'd appreciate it... I was told it was a 1 owner car bought in and reg in NJ..

Has it been in for any service bulletins or recalls ?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 11:42 AM
vettl83
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You can run a Car Fax check on it for the history. I believe alldata.com used to list the TSB's and recalls for free on their website, but if you wanted to know the fix you had to subscribe. Most recalls involve safety issues. Your dealer can run your vin to check it out, it should also pull up any service work that has been done at a dealership. Good luck with the new ride.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:51 AM
jpee
Race Director

Originally Posted by vettl83
You can run a Car Fax check on it for the history. I believe alldata.com used to list the TSB's and recalls for free on their website, but if you wanted to know the fix you had to subscribe. Most recalls involve safety issues. Your dealer can run your vin to check it out, it should also pull up any service work that has been done at a dealership. Good luck with the new ride.

Thanks.. I did run a CarFax.. it looked clean...I'll call my local Chevy dealership, I know the service Dept mgr.. he may help me out..

Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Vetter 1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a service bulletin on the driver of the car.

There was a thread where the guy could run the VIN and tell you what the car was service for at the dealer.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Try My GM Link hosted by yahoo Since it is a 05 it was most likley recalled for the flying roof recall. Your vin is too high for most of the other problems the early 05s the experienced
Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Any dealer can run the service history for you no problem.

Be careful posting your VIN...particularly if you park outside...with VIN an unscrupulous person with dealer access can make a key...and with that key, so long as they've got 1/2 hour to do it, they can marry any spare fob to your car. Check your owners manual, it tells you how to do it.

I never give that key to anyone, you need it to marry a fob to the car.

I'm kind of paranoid after my c5 was stolen from my driveway, but thought you might be interested in knowing that.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Any dealer can run the service history for you no problem.

Be careful posting your VIN...particularly if you park outside...with VIN an unscrupulous person with dealer access can make a key...and with that key, so long as they've got 1/2 hour to do it, they can marry any spare fob to your car. Check your owners manual, it tells you how to do it.

I never give that key to anyone, you need it to marry a fob to the car.

I'm kind of paranoid after my c5 was stolen from my driveway, but thought you might be interested in knowing that.
Joe

John lives in NY do you actually think the bad guys use keys! ....... they just come with the tow truck..... come to think of it, John has the exact optioned LMB 05 Corvette that I have..... Now where did he say he lived in NY

All joking aside very good point
Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Tommy D
Joe

John lives in NY do you actually think the bad guys use keys! ....... they just come with the tow truck..... come to think of it, John has the exact optioned LMB 05 Corvette that I have..... Now where did he say he lived in NY

All joking aside very good point
Well the thief drove mine away! Took the SOB 3 tries to keep it runnning (it had a 112 cam in it) so I got hte cops on the phone and at 3 am they actually gave chase! But he outran them on the highway.

I need to be a bit more clear on my warning...think about this...an unscrupulous valet, or even mechanic, could buy a GM fob and marry it to your car if they had that key and 1/2 hour. They've got your address from your registration in the car, it's an easy heist.

NEVER GIVE ANYONE THAT KEY! They don't need it and nothing good can come from giving it to them.

I'm still steaming about my stolen C5.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:22 PM
jpee
Race Director

Thanks some VERY good info in this thread.... I used to keep my 2nd fob in my desk... & last night a Condo about 1/2 mile from me got broken into.. Shezzz had it been my unit the thief could have just picked up my fob & driven away..

Now I'll keep the 2nd (unused) FOB in the safe...
Old 11-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jpee
Thanks some VERY good info in this thread.... I used to keep my 2nd fob in my desk... & last night a Condo about 1/2 mile from me got broken into.. Shezzz had it been my unit the thief could have just picked up my fob & driven away..

Now I'll keep the 2nd (unused) FOB in the safe...
lol yea crime makes you paranoid...

here's another cool thing, you can use slingbox to send your home cameras to your TREO phone and other places to be recorded offsite..(but not your iPhone yet...).

Don't ask me how I know.

Get notified of new replies

To Can anyone tell if any Recall has been done on my car..

Quick Reply: Can anyone tell if any Recall has been done on my car..