C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR1 Fuel pump setup questions- ac delco vs delphi

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default ZR1 Fuel pump setup questions- ac delco vs delphi

Hi guys. Maybe you guys could help me out on this one. I was surfing the rock auto website online to check out how much the zr1 fuel pump setups were. They offer both ac delco and delphi. Anyone know what the difference is between these two parts? There's about $25 difference between the two. Do these things include the pumps as well? I'd like to use the setup less the pumps and toss in dual walbro 255's for my car. Also, anyone know if the wiring for the two is together or is there two harnesses to connect things to?

Any input is appreciated.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately I've not yet received my Delphi assembly purchased through eBay (the one a lot of folks jumped on). My guess would be that they are interchangable though, and there's probably less chance the Delphi one has been sitting on a shelf since 1991...

Your subject says you are buying pumps, and then you ask if pumps are included. Can you post a link to exactly what it is you are looking to buy?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:41 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

I believe I understand your question! You're wanting to use just the sending unit and mount your "dual 255's" in the frame of the tank unit. Right? If you purchase the sending unit you will have two pumps and two filters(socks) already mounted and wired. I suspect that you could modify the wiring at the top of the sending unit to accomplish your task!
You could actually attempt to use the two pumps as assembled and just "tweak" the wiring and see if the pumps with the tank unit will satisfy your needs! If they won't it looks to me that the Walbro's will mount in the frame of the tank unit!
Do you already have your Walbro's? If you do you could take your Walbro's and physically compare them to a GM part# 25163473 which we know will mount in the tank unit frame!!

Is that what you were wanting?

I do have a complete unit w/pumps NOS but it not as inexpensive as the Delphi

Last edited by WVZR-1; 05-06-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:16 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

thanks for the input guys. I ended up going with a bigger inline fuel pump instead of the dual in tanks(I just ordered a few minutes ago).

I saw the two setups on rockauto.com. They even have a picture of them. Just do a search under zr1 fuel stuff. I wasn't sure if the setups included pumps or not. If I bought the dual setup, i was going to sell the pumps since I need a ton of flow. I was going to replace them with walbro 340's which are a direct replacement for the standard(non-zr1) corvette fuel pumps. I didn't check if they would be a direct replacement for the zr1 ones, but I did hear a while back that they may be.

How much did you buy your setup on ebay for? They're on this website for $225-$260.

Last edited by qwiketz; 05-06-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

anyone have the part numbers for either of the above mentioned parts? I just want to make sure that I don't order the wrong one. I think there's a lot of parts mislabled for the base model as zr1 compatible.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by qwiketz
thanks for the input guys. I ended up going with a bigger inline fuel pump instead of the dual in tanks(I just ordered a few minutes ago).

I saw the two setups on rockauto.com. They even have a picture of them. Just do a search under zr1 fuel stuff. I wasn't sure if the setups included pumps or not. If I bought the dual setup, i was going to sell the pumps since I need a ton of flow. I was going to replace them with walbro 340's which are a direct replacement for the standard(non-zr1) corvette fuel pumps. I didn't check if they would be a direct replacement for the zr1 ones, but I did hear a while back that they may be.

How much did you buy your setup on ebay for? They're on this website for $225-$260.
Check Boquet auto parts in Canyon Country. Aske for Owen tell him I sent you. Getting a screaming deal on a pump for my Silverado .
Old 07-28-2008, 04:03 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

thanks. I just called and he's off today. I'll give him a ring tommorrow. It'd be cool if he could get his hands on a fuel pump sending unit; if not I'll have to rig up the second pump like some of the other guys did on the forum.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Fuel pump setup questions- ac delco vs delphi

Quick Reply: ZR1 Fuel pump setup questions- ac delco vs delphi