C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ohio Crank

Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 AM
jsup
Team Owner

Location: Bergen County, NJ Democrats, doing for the country what they did for Michigan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio Crank

Anyone use their motors? Thoughts, opinions?

They have a 377 I'd be interested in..
Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Link? I have looked at there site, but did not see a 377. Destroked 400, correct?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Corvette Chris
Le Mans Master

John, are you talking about the rotating assembly they have? Or is there a short block I'm not seeing on their website?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:10 AM
jsup
Team Owner

Location: Bergen County, NJ Democrats, doing for the country what they did for Michigan

Originally Posted by Corvette Chris
John, are you talking about the rotating assembly they have? Or is there a short block I'm not seeing on their website?
It's a destroked 400. They will build a shortblock. Sorry.

I'm thinking of sticking with 383, since it's easy..

Hey, BTW, I'm thinking of dropping my boat in soon. Since I have it up here, if you want to do some boating let me know before I take it down to LBI.....

I'll sell one of my kids for gas..PM me.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Corvette Chris
Le Mans Master

I've never personally used any of their stuff, but I've heard good things about it.

One of these days, I'm gonna take you up on that offer. Just too freaking busy now. Haven't gotten out at all this year. Appreciate the offer.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:48 AM
jsup
Team Owner

UT OH!!!

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ighlight=golen
Old 06-05-2008, 12:20 PM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Bad link
Old 06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
BLOCKMAN
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...+crank&start=0
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
jsup
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RandyJ75
Bad link
Fixed

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ighlight=golen
Old 06-05-2008, 05:21 PM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 397 Likes on 261 Posts

As for Ohio Cranks parts... They are hit and miss as far a quality goes. I don't use them, even in my cheapest builds.

As for the other posters engine problems. This is my take:

1. Engine ran great when I first got it, but...
2. Now after 10 different people have had their little hands in it and tried to tune it...
3. It now runs like complete crap and...
4. The last guy told me I need a new engine because its all messed up, the other guys were morons and BTW I didn't get the parts I paid for from the orginal engine builder....

Well he very well may have had substandard parts from the start. It does happen but the engine ran fine at first so some where along the 10 monkeys wrenching on it, changing out ECM's, re tuning it ect ect, ec. Who knows what went wrong. IMO they blew his engine up and he let them.

There is a lesson to be learned here. Buy your engine from a reputable engine builder, follow his directions on the tune, oil, plugs, break in, everything and stick with them until it is right or take your stuff around to anyone who will "work on it" and have a pile of crap in the end.
Will
Old 06-05-2008, 06:00 PM
BlackHarleyMan
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cause that's EXACTLY What I'm doing!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:13 PM
jsup
Team Owner

Originally Posted by rklessdriver
As for Ohio Cranks parts... They are hit and miss as far a quality goes. I don't use them, even in my cheapest builds.

As for the other posters engine problems. This is my take:

1. Engine ran great when I first got it, but...
2. Now after 10 different people have had their little hands in it and tried to tune it...
3. It now runs like complete crap and...
4. The last guy told me I need a new engine because its all messed up, the other guys were morons and BTW I didn't get the parts I paid for from the orginal engine builder....

Well he very well may have had substandard parts from the start. It does happen but the engine ran fine at first so some where along the 10 monkeys wrenching on it, changing out ECM's, re tuning it ect ect, ec. Who knows what went wrong. IMO they blew his engine up and he let them.

There is a lesson to be learned here. Buy your engine from a reputable engine builder, follow his directions on the tune, oil, plugs, break in, everything and stick with them until it is right or take your stuff around to anyone who will "work on it" and have a pile of crap in the end.
Will
Excellent point. I spoke to a local engine builder today who has a stellar reputation. I may go with him as he is local...

Mass production houses concern me to an extent. That's why I'm not looking at Jasper for example.

Get notified of new replies

To Ohio Crank

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ohio Crank