C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Sensor Tool

Old 06-03-2008, 03:56 PM
bcopper
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tire Pressure Sensor Tool

I've seen it before, but don't remember where this information is.

Looking for vendor for purchase of TPMS activation tool.

I've been told that everytime I swap my wheels, I need to reactivate the sensors. I have a set of wheels and tires I use for track days, and I need to reactivate them everytime I change over to them for the track days. Is that indeed the case? I imagine so.

Thanks !!!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:03 PM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

yes
Old 06-03-2008, 05:38 PM
User 020720
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Bartec Trackside from Wright Tool.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1654012
Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Yes, you will need to relearn the TPMS every time you switch wheels. The procedure isn't hard but as you know, you need a tool. There are a couple of tools out there. Cub and Bartec are two that I know of. The sensor has a unique id. The Corvette can store 4 unique id numbers. When you swap wheels and not sensors it can't see the new sensors as the numbers are no longer stored.

Here is a video of the Cub tool being used in post two.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...highlight=TPMS

The Bartec is one of the most widely used. You can find a list of their distributors here:

http://www.bartecusa.com/distributors.html
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 AM
bcopper
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks All !! Great Info !!

Thanks so much for all the info !!

Bill
Old 06-04-2008, 09:42 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
........The Bartec is one of the most widely used........
Hi Paul

There's a new tool on the block that I think will be much better than the Bartec Trackside - check out:

http://tpms-usa.store-ateq.com/ATEQ_...vice-cent.html

Whereas the Bartec Trackside is designed to only work on the C6 (and they have a Viper version and a Mustang version), the ATEQ website says the VT-10 is universal, although it apparently is not upgradeable.

I haven't used one of these ATEQ VT-10 tools, but it says it's completely universal and will "trigger all currently known sensors". It's also cheaper than the Trackside at $99 plus $20 shipping.

Bob
Old 06-04-2008, 09:52 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Hi Paul

There's a new tool on the block that I think will be much better than the Bartec Trackside - check out:

http://tpms-usa.store-ateq.com/ATEQ_...vice-cent.html

Whereas the Bartec Trackside is designed to only work on the C6 (and they have a Viper version and a Mustang version), the ATEQ website says the VT-10 is universal, although it apparently is not upgradeable.

I haven't used one of these ATEQ VT-10 tools, but it says it's completely universal and will "trigger all currently known sensors". It's also cheaper than the Trackside at $99 plus $20 shipping.

Bob
Bob, thanks so much for chiming in. I was hoping you would see this thread. I tried but was unable to find any inexpensive reset tools. I think this ATEQ sure fits that bill at $99. That is an awesome deal. Just curious, how does that cost compare to the Cub tool that you were using in that video. That looked like a very competent unit but I couldn't find any retail info on it either. Thanks for being our resident TPMS expert!

Paul
Old 06-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Bobz08C6
Burning Brakes

Bob, thanks so much for chiming in. I was hoping you would see this thread. I tried but was unable to find any inexpensive reset tools. I think this ATEQ sure fits that bill at $99. That is an awesome deal. Just curious, how does that cost compare to the Cub tool that you were using in that video. That looked like a very competent unit but I couldn't find any retail info on it either. Thanks for being our resident TPMS expert!

Paul
I live in S. Michigan and picked up one of the first VT-10 tools at the home office. It works great on my '08 and they claim it works on all current sensors for all domestic and Euro vehicles. Check the shipping. I asked them if they could consider a $15.00 s & h and they agreed to $15.00 effective immediately. Call them and mention this e-mail from May 20 to me (Bob who picked up the tool from Jim).

Bob,

We really appreciated for your prompt feedback as well as the suggestion of the shipping and handling cost.

We are in the process of changing the information on the website and would be done in the week.

However, the shipping and handling cost is $ 15.00 as you suggested from now on, and I believe the Corvette community will be very happy to see this.

Thanks again.

Jim Chen

Sales Rep. TPMS Division

ATEQ Corp.

42000 Koppernick Rd. Suite A-4, Canton, MI 48187-2409

Office: 1-734-451-9449 ext. 263

Fax: 1-734-451-9462

Cell: 1-734-612-0355

Email: jchen@atequsa.com

www.tpms-usa.com
Old 06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bobz08C6
.......I asked them if they could consider a $15.00 s & h and they agreed to $15.00 effective immediately.........

......However, the shipping and handling cost is $ 15.00 as you suggested from now on, and I believe the Corvette community will be very happy to see this.......
Hi Bob

Thanks for your leg work with ATEQ!!

I just went to their website and clicked on the "Buy Now" button and it shows a $20.33 shipping charge. It was $30, so on their website they have reduced it by 10 bucks, but still not down to $15. Maybe if you call them like you mention above you can get the additional $5 taken off the shipping charge.

How's your tool working for you? It looks like a nice tool and it's small and should be easy to use.

Other Bob
Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Bob, thanks so much for chiming in. I was hoping you would see this thread. I tried but was unable to find any inexpensive reset tools. I think this ATEQ sure fits that bill at $99. That is an awesome deal. Just curious, how does that cost compare to the Cub tool that you were using in that video. That looked like a very competent unit but I couldn't find any retail info on it either.
Paul
Paul

My other brother Bob (Bobz08C6) is the one that found this deal. As he mentions in another post, he went and picked it up so he didn't have to pay the shipping charge, which was $30. He has communicated with them and they have agreed to lower the shipping charge. On their website it's down to $20, but apparently if you call them they will lower it to $15 for forum members - Thanks Bob!!!

As you know, I've been buying these tools for several years now and passing them on to forum members at my cost plus shipping. That Cub Pro-101 was the only tool of its type that I have come across. It was a used unit, but I bought it and checked it out, and as you can see in the video it works great on the C6 sensors. I passed it on to another forum member for $125 recently.

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 06-04-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Bobz08C6
Burning Brakes

Hi Bob

Thanks for your leg work with ATEQ!!

I just went to their website and clicked on the "Buy Now" button and it shows a $20.33 shipping charge. It was $30, so on their website they have reduced it by 10 bucks, but still not down to $15. Maybe if you call them like you mention above you can get the additional $5 taken off the shipping charge.

How's your tool working for you? It looks like a nice tool and it's small and should be easy to use.

Other Bob

I sent Jim at ATEQ an e-mail just now. I'll post the reply from him when received. My VT-10 works great with a one button push on each wheel. I haven't had a chance to use it on othere vehicles since I don't have access to any other vehicles from people who have even the slightest idea of how to put their vehicles in "learn" mode. I ask and all I get is a "huh!?" Put the car in what?

If you have access to other TPMS vehicles I could send you my tool and you could play with it for a while.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I sent Jim at ATEQ an e-mail just now. I'll post the reply from him when received. My VT-10 works great with a one button push on each wheel. I haven't had a chance to use it on othere vehicles since I don't have access to any other vehicles from people who have even the slightest idea of how to put their vehicles in "learn" mode. I ask and all I get is a "huh!?" Put the car in what?

If you have access to other TPMS vehicles I could send you my tool and you could play with it for a while.
No - I don't have access to any other sensor vehicles either.

I do have a couple different manuals that are used by tire shops. The Mitchell1 Guide is one, and the other came with an OTC 3833 tool I got. They tell how to work with sensors on every vehicle out there.

As of the 2008 model year ALL vehicles will have sensors, so if anybody that has a tool needs to know how to work with sensors on their Escalade, Tahoe, F-150, Corolla, Crossfire, etc., PM me and I'll look up the procedure for getting the car in the learn mode and send it to you.

Bob
Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Bobz08C6
Burning Brakes

No - I don't have access to any other sensor vehicles either.

I do have a couple different manuals that are used by tire shops. The Mitchell1 Guide is one, and the other came with an OTC 3833 tool I got. They tell how to work with sensors on every vehicle out there.

As of the 2008 model year ALL vehicles will have sensors, so if anybody that has a tool needs to know how to work with sensors on their Escalade, Tahoe, F-150, Corolla, Crossfire, etc., PM me and I'll look up the procedure for getting the car in the learn mode and send it to you.

Bob
Very accomodating Bob! Thanks for all the info you have provided to us over time. Is it safe to say that "all GM vehicles" or "all Chevy vehicles" go to learn mode the same way?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 AM
PolishDude
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

man didnt you just need a magnet on the c5s?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:30 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Very accomodating Bob! Thanks for all the info you have provided to us over time. Is it safe to say that "all GM vehicles" or "all Chevy vehicles" go to learn mode the same way?
Here's some info from one of the TPMS reference guide books.

Most of the Cadillacs are the same as the C6 (of course Dave Hill did come from the Cadillac division before coming over to develop the C6!!).

The Escalade is the same as the Avalanche, Tahoe, and Suburban and the GMC coutnerparts: Turn ignition ON with the engine OFF, apply parking brake, turn the exterior lamp switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds, a horn chirp will sound and the low tire pressure indicator will flash indicating you're in the learn mode. I think some of the sensors can be triggered either with a tool, or some will trigger by changing the tire pressure.

The Ford Expedition, Explorer, and Lincoln Navigator, Aviator: Turn ignition OFF, turn ignition to RUN 3 times ending at RUN, press and release the brake pedal, turn ignition OFF, turn ignition to RUN 3 times ending at RUN, horn will sound once and TPMS indicator will flash if the train mode has been initiated.

On the C5 Corvette you use the DIC buttons to enter the learn mode, and then you could trigger the sensors with a magnet.

So.....although there are similarities, every vehicle is just a little bit different!

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 06-04-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Bobz08C6
Burning Brakes

Jim at ATEQ emailed me to advise me that we get the $15.00 shipping on the VT-10 TPMS tool (there are more sophisticated tools as well) regardless of the fact that the web site shows $20.00 s & h. Until they revise the web site just order by phone to get the $15.00 or wait for the web site to be updated.

Bob,

Thanks for your input and feedback. The website is still under the process of changing information for all the tools.

At this moment, please just order by phone and we will be more than happy to assist everyone from Corvetteforum to complete the order process.

I really apologize for the inconveniences. The shipping handling is still $15.00.

P.S: I am currently on a business trip to Asia. Apologize again for this late reply.

Jim
Old 06-05-2008, 06:28 PM
bub
Safety Car

Received 162 Likes on 107 Posts

Bob:

I've been out of the loop for a while...when did these ATEQ tools come on the market?

BTW, the previous generation Tahoe activates like you noted, but on the newer ones you select it in the DIC and press the lock/unlock buttons on the remote I recall, but you may want to check the book for sure (I am going from memory here at work, but I did it just a few weeks ago after a rotation). They {Tahoes} also can activate via the PITA pressure up/down, but I use my OTC 3833 instead.

-CKB

Last edited by bub; 06-05-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Pressure Sensor Tool

Old 06-22-2008, 08:48 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

emailed to order friday never heard back from teh guy
Old 06-22-2008, 08:53 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

just went on their website and ordered via paypal it shows 15 shipping, great deal!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Bobz08C6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dvandentop
just went on their website and ordered via paypal it shows 15 shipping, great deal!
Let us know if you have an opportunity to try this tool on other vehicles. It works well on my '08 Vette. It's suppose to work with all current sensors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Sensor Tool