Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Paint in Hampton Roads

Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Paint in Hampton Roads

Well... all of you in the area remember the wonderful hailstorm we had a little while ago. My Z got caught in a parking lot for the duration and has some damage as a result. Tiny little paint chips (down to the white) are all over the roof and hood. Somehow I don't see any on the trunk, don't quite know why. Has anybody had any really good experiences with body shops around here?? I'm trying to decide on a touch-up or a complete repaint. It seems from a few threads in other forums that prices are all over the map for a re-paint. Any idea what can be expected here? I have dealt with 3 different body shops in the area with my GTO and not one of them did a job that I was happy with. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Lowcash
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redls1gto
Well... all of you in the area remember the wonderful hailstorm we had a little while ago. My Z got caught in a parking lot for the duration and has some damage as a result. Tiny little paint chips (down to the white) are all over the roof and hood. Somehow I don't see any on the trunk, don't quite know why. Has anybody had any really good experiences with body shops around here?? I'm trying to decide on a touch-up or a complete repaint. It seems from a few threads in other forums that prices are all over the map for a re-paint. Any idea what can be expected here? I have dealt with 3 different body shops in the area with my GTO and not one of them did a job that I was happy with. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
PM Gary (GBVette) or Casey (CS Vette). They have both used Nansemound River Auto Body (I think that is the name).

Old 05-30-2008, 07:21 PM
obxfunn
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09

Yes, that is the name and I heard from Casey they do a great job. You can also email Cobra4B, Brian. He left me a message the other day about a shop that just repainted his car after one screwed it up. He soad he was really happy with the job they did on his yellow Vette.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:23 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by obxfunn
Yes, that is the name and I heard from Casey they do a great job. You can also email Cobra4B, Brian. He left me a message the other day about a shop that just repainted his car after one screwed it up. He soad he was really happy with the job they did on his yellow Vette.
Thanks guys! OBXFUNN, you really need to change your avatar. I see it and I want one! Since the hood is going to be repainted anyway...
Old 05-30-2008, 10:25 PM
obxfunn
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09

Originally Posted by redls1gto
Thanks guys! OBXFUNN, you really need to change your avatar. I see it and I want one! Since the hood is going to be repainted anyway...
Yep now would be the time to get one. I love it!!
Old 05-31-2008, 02:52 PM
CS Vette
Burning Brakes

Yep, Barry Moore at Nansemond Auto Body. PM sent.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Lowcash
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CS Vette
Yep, Barry Moore at Nansemond Auto Body. PM sent.

Get notified of new replies

To Paint in Hampton Roads

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paint in Hampton Roads