C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA

Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 AM
achilds
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA

I spoke to the GM rep this morning about this 3000 dollar rebate. They basically told me that I wasn't in the target group. The target group is "a competing vehicle to GM" what ever that means. I suggested that GM rethink this and maybe target loyal owners who are thinking about spending some 70K on a new GM vehicle. They were very apologetic but said no. I told them that when I replace my vette this year there maybe a new Nissan, Porsche or Lotus in my garage. I also told them I would post a note on the forum regarding my call. I hope that GM reads this and gives some consideration to existing owners in the future.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:51 AM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

To have your blood pressure rises/boil just call GM Customer Service and Have a Good Day!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

Hate to say it but do you think Nissan GT-R, Porsche or Lotus are going to be giving $3000.00 coupons on their cars. I understand your being upset but I can understand GM's position on this. Think about it and you will to.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by achilds
I spoke to the GM rep this morning about this 3000 dollar rebate. They basically told me that I wasn't in the target group. The target group is "a competing vehicle to GM" what ever that means. I suggested that GM rethink this and maybe target loyal owners who are thinking about spending some 70K on a new GM vehicle. They were very apologetic but said no. I told them that when I replace my vette this year there maybe a new Nissan, Porsche or Lotus in my garage. I also told them I would post a note on the forum regarding my call. I hope that GM reads this and gives some consideration to existing owners in the future.

I too called and was amazed at how GM thinks. When they told me it was for owners with a competing vehicle I mentioned that 1st I have bought 5 gm cars over the last 5 years and ALSO have an 06 Infiniti g35 so I am in this target group. Yet I was not on this mailing list. Then the guy told me it was random!! When I asked who I could speak with to clarify this very perplexing decison he told me no one. So it seems we can't speak with the "wizard" behind this curtain

Ted
Old 05-27-2008, 11:52 AM
ljmyers
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the other hand, I think GM is saying to shop for a Porsche and any other sports car and maybe we will send you a $3000 rebate. I guess the best way to shop for a Corvette would be to visit other showrooms and leave your name for GM to buy so they can send you a $3000 rebate on a Corvette.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:03 PM
noelee04C5
Advanced

I too spoke with a GM marketing rep this morning; she told me that I was not part of the target group and that she did not know the criteria for selection. She also told me that if I gave her my name and address, she would put my name into a list to be eligible for future "private offerings." I tried to convince her to send me a certificate now, but to no avail. I told her if she sent me one, it would be a definite redemption--great for their fulfillment rate. Oh well, I guess that GM is having such a great year they can be very independent just like Porsche.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:13 PM
achilds
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dvilin
Hate to say it but do you think Nissan GT-R, Porsche or Lotus are going to be giving $3000.00 coupons on their cars. I understand your being upset but I can understand GM's position on this. Think about it and you will to.
No I suppose they aren't. My point is that GM should think about rewarding existing owners, not pissing them off. So after thinking about it I don't really understand GM's position.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:17 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

First off, I haven't seen what this coupon says but apparently, in GM's thinking, potential Nissan, Porche and Lotus customers are going to be swayed by a $3k coupon. I don't buy that as Vette's are already lower in cost to buy and to own.

My guess is that if GM wants to sway those folks they need to build a car with a sexier, higher quality interior and a more visible ad campaign aimed at that crowd. Frankly, I wouldn't know how to appeal to a Lotus buyer as I don't know what motivates them to buy!

Secondly, what this says is that customer loyalty to GM is not worth rewarding. As I view the landscape, they better start appealing to the existing customer base by seriously improving quality and customer service or they will have a lot of serious competition pulling existing owners away.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It really makes no sense. They should want to keep loyal customers.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

What . Their odds of getting a person who already owns a Vette to buy another one are MUCH better than getting a person who owns a Porsche or Lexus to buy a Vette. I think if a person has owned more than one Corvette in their lifetime, they should get some kind of repeater discount! My future C7 purchase will be my seventh Corvette and I think I deserve some kind of customer loyalty SOMETHING!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:41 PM
c1vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another bit of GM idiocy

Cadillac knows that I have three cadillacs, two of which I purchased new. They are serviced by cadilac all these years. They are a 98 Deville, 96 Seville and 93 Eldo. So what do I get in the mail recently but a coupon for $1,000 off if I trade a 99 or newer Cad. I have been a Gm buyer most of my life. With todays technology wouldn't you think they would think!!! Nooooo.

On top of this, I have owned 3 vettes in my life and I requested and received an 08 brochure a while back. Would you think that I would get the $3,000 coupon as an interested buyer??? Noooo.

Who do you think is a more serious prospect to sell a car to? Me or some one who has a newer or a competitors' product? Go figure.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Cjunkie
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts

I was cracking up thinking to myself people thinking they are going to get 3g's off of a Vette. Its marketing, its designed for you not to win.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 PM
mforman42
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danl72
It really makes no sense. They should want to keep loyal customers.
Okay, that's why they periodically send enhanced rebate offers to GM Card holders. I got $2000 above my built up value earlier this year. Different programs at different times for different audiences. Makes perfect sense to me.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by mforman42
Okay, that's why they periodically send enhanced rebate offers to GM Card holders. I got $2000 above my built up value earlier this year. Different programs at different times for different audiences. Makes perfect sense to me.

we're not talking about gm card holders here. We're talking about a $3000 incentive that makes no sense to me but I guess you figured it out. Please elucidate how this arbituary rebate program makes sense when it only pisses off your loyal customers??
Old 05-27-2008, 01:43 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

There are likely individuals near "the top" making these decisions that still don't have the "pulse" of the consumer figured out. Arrogance about your product can also make you think you have no competition - GM does have a long history of that.

The Nissan GT-R at $80,000 is one heck of a vehicle. I saw it earlier this year in Chicago - styling is always subjective but I thought it looked quite good. Build quality will blow away any GM product. GM needs to be very careful.........."Don't bite the hand that feeds you".
Old 05-27-2008, 04:59 PM
matsarge
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CandyVette
What . Their odds of getting a person who already owns a Vette to buy another one are MUCH better than getting a person who owns a Porsche or Lexus to buy a Vette. I think if a person has owned more than one Corvette in their lifetime, they should get some kind of repeater discount! My future C7 purchase will be my seventh Corvette and I think I deserve some kind of customer loyalty SOMETHING!
Agreed. I got one of the $3,000 coupon and started a thread about it to see who else got one. I bought my Corvette just 15 months ago so no chance I'm trading it in.

Based on the answer GM gave, I'm in the "target group with a competing vehicle to GM". I guess the BMW 330i is now a competing vehicle to GM.

Too bad for them they were slow on the draw with the coupon, I traded the 330i for a 2008 Honda Accord sedan 2 weeks ago.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
beefcake
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

damn, i want one of these?

i called our chevy lot and they don't even know anything about it

Get notified of new replies

To GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA

Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I have a problem with any incentive that is aimed at "new" conquest buyers. The message to me is that its okay for someone who has not been a loyal customer to buy a car for $3,000 less than someone who has been a loyal customer. I thought it was the other way around. I'm sitting at a Holiday Inn right now and they went out of their way to look up my priority club membership - so that I can get rewards for staying with them . Not so they can find out I'm a loyal customer and charge me more than the guy in line behind me!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:23 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by jschindler
I have a problem with any incentive that is aimed at "new" conquest buyers. The message to me is that its okay for someone who has not been a loyal customer to buy a car for $3,000 less than someone who has been a loyal customer. I thought it was the other way around. I'm sitting at a Holiday Inn right now and they went out of their way to look up my priority club membership - so that I can get rewards for staying with them . Not so they can find out I'm a loyal customer and charge me more than the guy in line behind me!
I agree with you 100%. I just shake my head. I have bought 6 NEW Chevrolet's in the past 5 years. 3 of them Corvette's,1 Trailblazer,1 SSR and 1 Camaro SS Convt. I get nothin'. A certificate like that would have been enough for me to purchase a new '08 right off the showroom floor.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:36 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Sounds like if you want a special discount on the C7 you should go buy something besides a C6 now .... then maybe GM will send you a nice discount coupon in a couple of years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA