Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

'62 Corvette (NCRS) project for sale in Pa.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Vettemaker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '62 Corvette (NCRS) project for sale in Pa.

I have a 62 for sale that was neatly disassembled by the prior owner. This car originally was a white with red int, two top, 340 HP, 4 speed and power windows car. The car is 95+ % complete,(missing the correct long block) and has had a lot of the hard work done already.The prior owner was going to build a numbers car and collected many,many date coded parts as well as most everything in the way of lights,emblems,wire harnesses, trim, suspension parts, and boxes of small parts.I build these cars on a daily basis and I am very familiar with all aspects of what is needed to complete a car like this.If interested you MUST call me as I think it is much easier to verbally describe the car and the amount of parts included as well as work already completed. This was a complete driving car prior to the start of restoration and includes many of the parts to complete a restoration . Call for an honest list of what is included and price. Thanks for your time Mike (570)685-4060 northeast Pa.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 AM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Received 740 Likes on 291 Posts

Forum rules require a posted price.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Vettemaker
Intermediate

I did not post a price because I could sell the car with or without certain parts and it would determine actual price. But for the sake of rules lets say $39,999 will take all, but call and we'll discuss the actual price of what you want. Now that I've scared away the guys who will judge the high price without knowing what is included,please serious enthusiasts can call (570)685-4060 Thanks Mike
Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 AM
richbopp
Melting Slicks

Location: Park City to SoCal - according to the map it's all down hill. No bad days in Indian Wells, California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like it should say "Mattel" on the listing.

This sure appears to be a realy great car in a box ready for assembly by someone.

good luck seliing it
Old 04-18-2008, 09:09 PM
vettnut
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the way people should advertise project cars. Great upfront description in writing and details with a phone number. Some people show dark, out of focus pictures and then say what you see is what you get. How is the frame? Maybe I missed it, but do you have any engine parts like the carburetor, block, heads, etc? Great ad and good luck. DG
Old 04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Vettemaker
Intermediate

The frame is very nice,has a dime size hole in rear crossmember like most do. I would absolutely repair it, but it comes with an NOS rear crossmember if you prefer to change it. Like I say, you need to call about quantity of parts, but yes it has a mint 340 HP intake,a completely restored,recolored,replated 3269s carb,restored correct dist,coil,002E voltage regulator,restored waterpump,fuel pump and the list goes on and on. I also have a '62 870 block that was not with this car that depending on the deal, may go with it. REALLY NEED TO CALL OR COME AND SEE IN PERSON. Thanks Mike
Old 04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Vettemaker
Intermediate

Nobody likes '62s???????
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 AM
53 Blue Flame Brett
Drifting

Default Great Car to Buy

Especially if you can do the work yourself. The body is gorgeous. IF the parts are there and can actually be used, and I bt they are, it would make a great 62.

Nice car to be, IMO.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 AM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Received 740 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettemaker
Nobody likes '62s???????
The problem is a lot of people don't want projects.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Woodie
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

What do you, the seller, think it would cost to finish this car? Realizing say your wages would be worth $25 per hour Which is 1/3 to 1/2 of what a shop would charge.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Vettemaker
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wwood95179@aol.com
What do you, the seller, think it would cost to finish this car? Realizing say your wages would be worth $25 per hour Which is 1/3 to 1/2 of what a shop would charge.

Well you asked! First off, there are many,many different levels of restoration that we could talk about. I kind of suspect you are going by the mentality of "if I put $50,000 in it I have to be able to break even or make money on it". Well that is all very well and good, however considering I have built cars as a buisness and hobby religously for over 30 years,including many,many top shelf cars, I can assure you most of the cars that (knowledgable) enthusiasts recognize as exceptional often have far more money and time invested than the owners will openly admit to. I have seen high quality first and second generation Corvettes with well in excess of $100,000 invested in a proper restoration as well as vehicles such as four doors and even a stock 65 ford van which have also exceeded that mark. The fact is, the cost of restoration has nothing to do with the ultimate value of the said vehicle. The same parts ,services and labor can be invested in an AMC Matador as easily as they can in a more desirable model. It is not my job to make the said vehicle worth the investment. A quality restoration is a combination of thorough,professional restoration techniques,quality materials,certain sublet services such as chrome plating,upholstery,machine work etc.....and the correct parts,all of which can vary dramatically depending on the level of your particular needs and likes. Just because most people do ground up restorations favoring the bottom of scale,while not even being aware of any different levels,does not mean they don,t exist. To answer your question, this paricular car in our shop as a nice frame off driver/local show car would need at least $50,000 thrown at it at our rate of $65 per hour. To be one of the best in existance it would be in excess of double. It all boils down to what you want to build. This car,the correct parts and new parts included,as well as the work that has been done are capable of being built to a high end Corvette,but chances are it will cost more to build than it will immediatley be worth. FOOD FOR THOUGHT? These cars are our hobbies and passions,not investments to everyone. It would be real nice to make money on or break even on them, but in reality this is not always the case. Then again how much of the money spent have you recouped from playing golf,fishing,boating,racing,etc..... I'm sure there will be some very interesting comments to my phylosify, but our shop is currently full, with customers waiting to come in and have restorations done and although I'm sure they will spend more than they would like to,we remain friends with virtually all of our customers and we strive to make them happy with the work we have done. Sorry for the lecture but I assume you were trying to enlighten me to the fact of my asking price + restoration costs will exceed the going rate of a (similar) car on e-bay. I should probably stop now before I offend anyone as I am quite bitter to this unrealistic opinion of restoration values!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You sure you don't want to trade me for my BB Convertible Rambler wagon ? It runs good and is all in one piece.....

I've seen this car and it's nice. It's going to make someone a fine car.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ZEEEE06
The problem is a lot of people don't want projects.
Some of us that is the only way we can have a c-2 vette--for fun "what NOS part came in the Jegs box"

Nice car and fun project for someone--"IF" i didn't have one already and it was closer we'd be a talking -glenn
Old 05-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Vettemaker
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Duntov-097
You sure you don't want to trade me for my BB Convertible Rambler wagon ? It runs good and is all in one piece.....

I've seen this car and it's nice. It's going to make someone a fine car.
Tempting offer Duntov, but in consideration of fuel prices I'll have to pass. Now if this was one of the Ramblers powered by the famous Black and Decker 1/3 horse aquarium pump motors, we would have a deal. Best of luck with your BB convertible wagon!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:44 AM
FASTBACK
Advanced

is there any way I could see some pix? I'm interested in C1 projects, already have one but want another. dan_vargo@fsafood.com
Old 06-12-2008, 01:20 PM
jrepoff
Pro

Mike,

I do not mean to offend you but have to ask.

Why are you selling it ?

It sounds like a great car and with your experience and abilities I am curious why you are not throwing this together and selling it as a driver ?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio

Mike needs another project car like he needs another hole in his head.

This car is a perfect project. All the dirty PIA stuff is already done, and almost all the parts to finish it have been procured, which we all know is half the battle.

Why buy a painted dirty car only to disassemble it and strip the paint (finding who knows what), when you can buy this car and see exactly what you're getting both frame and body wise, and with the job half done to boot ?

If he would just take my rambler convertible in trade, he'd be all set.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Vettemaker
Intermediate

SOLD!! This car left this past Tuesday for it's new home in Indiana. However, I sold it without all of the new,NOS and restored goodies. I will probably keep much of the trim etc...for my other projects, but will be selling all of the restored components such as 340 horse intake,carb,distributor,coil,002E voltage regulator,horns,wonderbar,water pump etc.... I have not had time to check in here so if interested call me at (570)685-4060 est. Mike
Old 06-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Get notified of new replies

To '62 Corvette (NCRS) project for sale in Pa.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '62 Corvette (NCRS) project for sale in Pa.