Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone out there use ZOOP seal?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:52 AM
cazvette
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Anyone out there use ZOOP seal?

I have a highly polished set of aluminum wheels , that as everyone knows are a PIA to maintain. Zoops claims that they have a ceramic sealer that impregnates the pores of the aluminum and you will not have to polish for a year or so. I thinking of getting some but wanted to see if anyone could offer some feedback or insight on past experiences with the product. Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't hear about many C5/Z06 owners using ZOOP'S seal, but it's highly recommended in the street rod crowd.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
BATM4N
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard of it before but sounds promising.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:31 PM
cazvette
Instructor

I have a C5 with c6 polished wheels that Im trying to protect, I think this maybe the answer. From their info and what I've read so far, it looks like it'll do what i need.

Last edited by cazvette; 03-02-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
nwdanner
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard nothing but positive about ZOOP seal, especially from owners of polished CCW and HRE wheels.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:45 PM
nwdanner
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cazvette
I have a C5 with c6 polished wheels that Im trying to protect, I think this maybe the answer. From there info and what I've read so far, it looks like it'll do what i need.
Be careful, most factory/OEM polished wheels are clear coated. In this case, you can't use a metal polish on the wheels!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:56 PM
cazvette
Instructor

Good looking out, I have factory repo's with no Clear coat on them. So I want to protect them and of course avoid polishing them all the time.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
BitViper
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

2cents...
Originally Posted by off da web
Finally a product to protect and seal all of your polished aluminum, chrome,and stainless steel. Easy to apply Zoop's eliminates the need for repeat polishing and prevents dulling and oxidation for up to 2 years.Withstands up to 450 degrees F. Resistant to gas and oil. Kit includes 2 oz. ZoopSeal, 4 oz. Cleaner Concentrate, 8 oz. Final Sealer, Applications Cloths, Latex Gloves and New Instructions. Formulated to be used on cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and a variety of other applications
Old 02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

I treated my ccw's with zoops seal before they were ever bolted on the car.It is best to do when new,as any debris left on the wheel can get sealed in.But you can do it on used wheels if careful.
There are 3 negatives I can think of...

1. It does not last forever
2. It is best to use on a fair weather car(one that does not see much rain or run where there are salt treated roads)as you really want to avoid water spots.Mainly because you need to polish water spots out,and when you do,you remove the zoops
3. It DOES leave a slight haze on the aluminum noticable in direct sunlight.So they don't shine quite as brilliantly as untreated wheels.I would say,on a scale of 1-10,they are about a 9.

Also,this is not a short process.On my brand new wheels ( which would be the easiest) I spent close to 2 hrs. per wheel to treat them perfectly,including the inner barrels

It was a labor of love
Here's what they looked like,...oh...I dunno,a few months after I treated them,and in my signature,you will see them after 3+ years.
Yes,it IS wearing off

Last edited by flynbya2; 02-26-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:01 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nwdanner
Be careful, most factory/OEM polished wheels are clear coated. In this case, you can't use a metal polish on the wheels!
It's not a polish, it's a clear sealant...it slows the oxidation process of aluminum and seals the pores of the aluminum to keep them cleaner.

Last edited by hotwheels57; 02-26-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone out there use ZOOP seal?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone out there use ZOOP seal?