C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the C6 Convertible Trunk Dimensions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Default What are the C6 Convertible Trunk Dimensions?

I have a favor to ask…
We are picking up our car at the museum on Wednesday, February 27. I need to know what size suitcases I can use. The only dimension I can find on-line is 11 cubic feet. Would one of you with a 2008 Convertible please measure the height, width, and depth of the trunk and post it here? I know it is an irregular shape with some room under the top stowage. I am just looking for the measurement of the full depth area.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:47 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...hlight=luggage

see post #4

email sent, too.

Last edited by AORoads; 02-24-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:50 PM
duckgumbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having owned two verts and now a coupe, I can tell you that you need to take small carry-on type bags. You will have plenty of room with two roll-on type bags. That is why I went to a coupe and I absolutely love the change with the amount of room and also the lines of the coupe. I still like the convertible, but the luggage room changed my mind.

I cannot help with the measurements but you should have no problem with one small suitcase and a roll-on carry on and maybe a small gym bag type of carry on.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

When I travel alone I am able to get a carry-on (roll away), a laptop bag, a brief case, and a hang up bag in the vert trunk with no problem. With my wife along it looks like we will have to use two 22 inch duffel bags since 2 pieces of carry-on luggage won't fit.

Also, if you don't plan on lowering the top while traveling with luggage you can drop the top's partition and it's amazing how much more fits in the space where the top would fold.

I had a '06 coupe and there was plenty of room - so much so my wife kept buying stuff on our trip last summer. I am hoping the vert's trunk keeps that from happening. However, she is aware of UPS.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:19 PM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Luck and enjoy!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads

Thanks for the dimensions. I was hoping to get one mid-sized bag in but it looks like I better stick to the small ones. I am thinking two duffels and a soft garment bag.
I am spoiled by the space in my C5 Coupe. I used to load up the back of that thing like a pick-up truck!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Look at that email I sent you re the bag(s). Talk about a great buy and it fits. You can do 2 + other stuff. Just remember: a lot of heat comes into the trunk. Come summer if you put things in there without insulating, some things may expand or burst. jmo.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:05 PM
kdhand
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congratulations!

Originally Posted by adamsocb
I have a favor to ask…
We are picking up our car at the museum on Wednesday, February 27. I need to know what size suitcases I can use. The only dimension I can find on-line is 11 cubic feet. Would one of you with a 2008 Convertible please measure the height, width, and depth of the trunk and post it here? I know it is an irregular shape with some room under the top stowage. I am just looking for the measurement of the full depth area.

Thanks!
Hope you got your question answered - I drove mine back home a couple of weeks ago - While I don't have access to my Vette as I type this (from work & driving the 86 coupe today). Two of the smaller sized roll-on bags would fit. Soft sided would be best, though not required. They will comfortably fit end to end in the back - across the width of the trunk. If you are lucky and don't pack much more, then you can put the top down too - weather permitting. For me, this didn't happen until that last day of my drive home. Top down from Tucson all the way on I10

Get notified of new replies

To What are the C6 Convertible Trunk Dimensions?

Quick Reply: What are the C6 Convertible Trunk Dimensions?