C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Old 01-26-2008, 04:56 PM
FstPoon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Hi everyone!

MY CAR BEFORE BEING TAKEN TO CAROLINA AUTO MASTERS

CUSTOM BODY BY CAROLINA AUTO MASTERS

Now that I have gotten your attention, I would like to share the story of my plight in getting modifications done at Carolina Auto Masters (CAM for short) in Durham, NC. In August of 2007, I purchased a pristine blown 2005 C6 Coupe. After driving it a couple of months, I decided to uprgrade my cam, add methanol injection, and have the car given a once over by Jeff Creech who is the owner of CAM. On November 6, 2007, I drove to Durham to discuss this with Jeff, and after taking him and his crew to a local eatery, I decided to entrust him with the job. At this time, I gave him the keys and returned home. He kept me updated every couple of weeks. Finally, on November 27, Jeff contacted me and said that all of the work was completed and the car was ready for pickup. Although I was eager to get the car back, because of job responsibilities, I was unable to pick up the car until December 4, 2007. However, this was never to occur, as on November 29, Jeff contacted me and said that an employee of the shop had a "little fender bender" with my car. At this time, he said that he was in Charlotte at a track and was tuning a performance car for a race; he said he would contact me with details once he got back to Durham. The next day, he contacted me to say that the car was in poorer shape, but it could still be fixed. Subsequently, I was in contact with a large dealership body shop in Durham, and the body shop manager told me that he really did not know where to start on this car - it has about 40 to 50 thousand dollars in damage. With that said, I traveled back to Durham to assess it myself. During this time, Jeff Creech was contacted and said he would make everything right, but "...please don't post anything on any forum, as it would ruin my business." Well, I was promised everything by Jeff from making the car payment while the car info was sent to his insurance (his insurance only offered me payoff on my loan) to himself providing free labor (as long as I provide another car and buy all of the modification parts at my own expense). My only intent was to get my car back in the shape that is was prior to delivering it to Jeff Creech. Between Jeff saying "...well, I will just put a bullet in my brain.." to "...I am not a rich man and cannot provide you with another car like that...(although, he has 6 cars at my last count, including a 60 something convertible Firebird, a 2002 Z06 with a C5R racing engine, and others), I've had enough of his empty promises and hot air. To this day, I have not seen any monetary provisions from Jeff for what he and Terry Coley (the mechanic who wrecked my car) did to my car. Also, what is really funny is that initially Jeff denied all responsibility and said Terry took the car without his permission. After Terry said that he would provide witnesses to Jeff telling him that he could take the car for the weekend, Jeff magically changes his story.

With all of this said, I know that there are a number of you that have done business with Jeff Creech. When he was asked to why he would even think about giving someone free gratis in driving a customer's car without the owner's EXPLICIT permission, he told me that he often returns cars back to his customers with up to 500 miles put on them. I hope all of you knew this. He stated that he "..didn't want to be an a**hole" to Terry since Terry did all of the work to our car and Terry begged him to drive the car and enjoy the work that he did. I know that this is long-winded, but I hope that I can save some of you from the grief that he has put me through. By the way, Jeff's employee was also given a ticket by the NC State Trooper at the scene of the accident for "exceeding safe speed".

Here is a link to all of aftermath pictures:

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...naautomasters/
Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

If true-this is totally unacceptable. I hope you have written agreements in hand. He wouldn't own 6 cars after I was done with him.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Having seen your pics that you included, read your story and empathize with you and your car, I'm amazed. What's the accident report say? Who was at fault? What's the insurance report say? I've also met Jeff Creech, and I'd like to hear his side of this, too. After all, this is your first post on CF.

Jeff, what's the story?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:06 PM
hulksdaddy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awe man, that blows! Get a lawyer and have at him. Maybe you can come away with some of his cars.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:12 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,569 Likes on 1,614 Posts

To me there is only one answer. CAM should purchase your car for your purchase price.....
Old 01-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 01-26-2008, 05:14 PM
BriscoCounty
Burning Brakes

That sucks! Extremely unprofessional to let anyone without your permission drive it. Some of these guys think because they work on it, its theirs. Shouldn't have to get it in writing that joy riding in your car is not acceptable!

Sounds like you're going to need a lawyer. Shouldn't come to that, he should take responsibility and own up to it. Let us know how it works out. Something for others to take into consideration when you have this type of work done.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
FstPoon
Instructor

Originally Posted by AORoads
Having seen your pics that you included, read your story and empathize with you and your car, I'm amazed. What's the accident report say? Who was at fault? What's the insurance report say? I've also met Jeff Creech, and I'd like to hear his side of this, too. After all, this is your first post on CF.

Jeff, what's the story?
This may be my fist post, but I like to read the info on the forums. There was only one car involved..mine! The person at fault is Terry Coley, employee of Jeff Creech. I will scan the accident report and post it if you like.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Sounds as though enough words have been said. Call a lawyer.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:17 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads

Jeff, what's the story?
There is no other side! His employee totaled that car simple as that. He owes the man a new car of equal value right down to all the mods that had been done. To even jerk the owner around on something like this is way way beyond not acceptable! It's criminal...

I don't know this guy and wouldn't want to know this guy! Wouldn't have him touch my lawn mower let alone my vette. It takes a lot of nerve to total a mans vette and then tell the him he's not a rich man? PLEASE! He has insurance and he can BORROW the rest! There is NO excuse acceptable.. none!

If the guy had half a brain he would have handled this unmitigatedd disaster quickly and quietly. He is going to lose BIG TIME in a court of law. I would also sue him for putative damages now.

I hope the owner gets every penny he's entitled plus more for pain and suffering, loss of vehicle, etc! Sorry but I see the pictures and don't need to hear anything from the vendor except how he's replacing the car with a NEW one................ end of story!!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:20 PM
rubicon1
5th Gear

Default Incredible!

I can only imagine how you are feeling! Looks like this will have to be settled in a courtroom. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,424 Likes on 773 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

From the pics your car looks like a total loss. I hope everything works out in your favour.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:24 PM
pennys58
SC CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Just makes your stomach sink It looks like two heads hit the windshield, maybe it knocked some sense into them. Do they have 12 year olds working there? I mean, come on..."I want to enjoy the work I did?" Go out and buy your own!!

If he doesn't man up, take it to the courts. They will have no sympathy for him or the idiots that demolished your car. They can put up to 500 miles on your car...sounds very egotistic to me. You seem to be taking it well, I am not sure if I would be able to control myself. Hopefully things work out

John
Old 01-26-2008, 05:26 PM
TiVoManiac
Racer

Old 01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
VetteManRay
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Forest Hill, (Out in the country), north of Baltimore. Maryland. Land of "Pleasant Living" with my Corvette, steamed crabs & crab cakes.
Default “Hello” from Forest Hill, Maryland

Contact a good attorney and find out what your rights are. I wouldn't want that car fixed, it is in terrible shape. Just have the shop owner pay you cash for the car. You may have to sue and maybe you can get twice what the car is worth because of unauthorized use. And you know he was speeding. That shop is bad news. See if you can place an ad in your local paper saying what he did to your car. It's his business and he is responsible for cars left there for work being done. What has your insurance company said? Maybe they will declare it a total loss, and give you cash to buy another one. I am so sorry for you. Good Luck.
Ray
Old 01-26-2008, 05:30 PM
User 020720
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not only does the OP deserve to get all the money back for the car and mods, but either the employee or owner of this shop (or both) are thieves and should be punished as such.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:31 PM
FstPoon
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
From the pics your car looks like a total loss. I hope everything works out in your favour.
Yes, the car is totaled. It has frame damage.

Get notified of new replies

To [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Maybesomeday312
Instructor

After reading this I pledge to NEVER to business with this creep or anyone associated with him until HE makes this right for you!!!! I urge my fellow CFer's to do the same. This guy is ruining your life so lets ruin his business! How could he even be allowed to do business anymore with practices like that? I would own his shop after he pulled a stunt like that. Completely UNACCEPTABLE!

Last edited by Maybesomeday312; 01-26-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 589 Likes on 174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

WOW!!!!!

This is completely and udder :

Get a lawyer and Sue the **** out of him !!!!!

I hope fellow forum members a forewarned not to ever do business there !

SOrry to see tis happen to you
Old 01-26-2008, 05:35 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 589 Likes on 174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

Originally Posted by FstPoon
This may be my fist post, but I like to read the info on the forums. There was only one car involved..mine! The person at fault is Terry Coley, employee of Jeff Creech. I will scan the accident report and post it if you like.
Please do

This is unbleiveable !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)