Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Corvette Clubs in Atlanta?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 PM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Default Corvette Clubs in Atlanta?

I've checked out a few clubs, but no one in them seem to know of the forum, which raises an eyebrow. Anyone in any corvette clubs here? I'm really looking for a group that likes to do some tech days.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 PM
suzie-q
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there,

We recently joined the Classic Glass Corvette Club in Marietta and have enjoyed every event we've attended thus far. The club holds several different types of events, but I don't think they do a lot of tech stuff.

Here's a link to the club's website if you'd like to check it out: http://www.cgcorvetteclub.com/index.htm

Let me know if you have any questions . . . . . .

BTW - nice car!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:29 PM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by suzie-q
Hey there,

We recently joined the Classic Glass Corvette Club in Marietta and have enjoyed every event we've attended thus far. The club holds several different types of events, but I don't think they do a lot of tech stuff.

Here's a link to the club's website if you'd like to check it out: http://www.cgcorvetteclub.com/index.htm

Let me know if you have any questions . . . . . .

BTW - nice car!
I actually was checking them out earlier today and thought I would attend the next meeting in Feb. Its going to be a crappy drive tho around 6:30-7 on 285 then 75 north, so we'll see.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:42 PM
suzie-q
Racer

We'd love to have you join us!! We try to get to the meeting a little earlier so that we can have dinner first. If you'd like, we can coordinate arrival times so you can go in with us or we can at least meet you inside. Just PM me and let me know.

Sorry that you'll have to deal with that lousy traffic, though . . . . Use to work close to Spaghetti Junction - most times I would jump off 285 onto 400 or Roswell Road and take surface streets rather than fight my way to 75.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
StarJack
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right about traffic. I was in Classic Glass for a year and a half or so but due to work and traffic was only able to attend 3 meetings and their events either occurred on weekends I had to work, or fell when I had other plans. They had some pretty bad record keeping issues where I was concerned. Took them a while to get my e-mail and name right and to get them to send me a newsletter, and then after getting one newsletter, they stopped coming. But at the meetings I did attend the folks were nice and polite and they were very friendly and welcoming. They join in on some good charity related events and certainly packed the parking lot with some nice Vettes. The Peach State Posse has a great bunch of folks too.

Here is a listing that is a bit dated that shows clubs in Ga. the area.

http://www5.hamptons.com/licorvette/clublist/clubga.htm
Old 01-24-2008, 06:26 AM
joecaver
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'10

I'll try not to be harsh. I joined Classic Glass several years ago and attended almost every meeting for the first year and tapered off the second year and then never rejoined. Though I do agree that there are a lot of friendly people in the club I did not really get much out of it. They are a show and shine club that rarely go on runs anywhere. They like to hold events that you drive to, clean the car to within an inch of it's life, and hand out trophies to the same people over and over. If they do plan a drive it is not a fun run through the mountains but usually to a B and B for an overnight stay, and if you're into that fine go for it. I bought my car to drive and enjoy the road. I've had more fun with the guys at Peachstate Posse and from attending runs held by other clubs. Enjoy your car.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:58 AM
yamahajo
Race Director

Cruise-In 9-10-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10,-'13
I believe in the Beer Fairy

From everyone I've met and the sponsored events I've been to, Classic Glass seems like the way to go for me as well. My better half was a member a few years back, and my father and I are considering joining this coming spring........
Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 367 Likes on 314 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by joecaver
I'll try not to be harsh. I joined Classic Glass several years ago and attended almost every meeting for the first year and tapered off the second year and then never rejoined. Though I do agree that there are a lot of friendly people in the club I did not really get much out of it. They are a show and shine club that rarely go on runs anywhere. They like to hold events that you drive to, clean the car to within an inch of it's life, and hand out trophies to the same people over and over. If they do plan a drive it is not a fun run through the mountains but usually to a B and B for an overnight stay, and if you're into that fine go for it. I bought my car to drive and enjoy the road. I've had more fun with the guys at Peachstate Posse and from attending runs held by other clubs. Enjoy your car.
Like Joe I am a former Classic Glass and no longer active with the Posse. Jo and I are planning on attending another Classic Glass meeting. She loves the shows and I never went on the trips when I was in college. Hopefully we can get some meet and greets and cruises in here again.

Last edited by 93Polo; 01-24-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM
chris77z28
Advanced

Well shoot! I quess I'll have to start one up on the south side of Atl. All of y'all are on the Northside.?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:04 PM
rjdavis61
8th Gear

Go for it! I'm in Ellenwood Ga
Old 01-24-2008, 12:18 PM
chris77z28
Advanced

Originally Posted by rjdavis61
Go for it! I'm in Ellenwood Ga
Mr. Davis I surely would if there was enough interest!
Chris
Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 PM
bassvet
Pro

St. Jude Donor '10

Belong to both Classic Glass and Peachstateposse, both are fun clubs, Classic Glass has a ton of stuff going on as does the posse, very difficult to take part in all the events and activities. Kinda like the out-of-state stuff with Classic Glass ie: Panama City Cruise w/Circle City Vetts, Dothan, AL and the Vettes in the Villiage in Sandestin. Still don't have time for all. Hi Lamar/Jodi aka: "Bassman"
Old 01-24-2008, 12:53 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 367 Likes on 314 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Hey Don didn't know you were in CGC maybe we'll see ya'll at the next meeting
Old 01-24-2008, 12:55 PM
yamahajo
Race Director

Cruise-In 9-10-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10,-'13
I believe in the Beer Fairy

good to see you drop in here Don! How are things going?

I have to agree that both groups have alot of activities going on, and Classic Glass does some big shows, and I look forward to some of the out-of-state shows this coming season. Of the few Posse events I went to this past year, they were fun, but I too am no longer an active member of that group.

I'm hoping to make the next CG meeting, and I can't wait for the warmer weather!
Old 01-24-2008, 12:57 PM
suzie-q
Racer

Well, I've got to admit we've enjoyed Classic Glass so far. We've been on a couple of cruises with them - well planned nice runs. They've got one coming up soon that should be very entertaining - the Poker Run.

As for administrative, the only problem we had was not receiving information - but it was our fault, not theirs. Found out they were sending everything to my hubby's email address and he rarely checks it! Sent an email to have it changed to mine and the correction was done immediately.

Anybody who'd like to come to our next meeting is more than welcome!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
bassvet
Pro

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by 93Polo
Hey Don didn't know you were in CGC maybe we'll see ya'll at the next meeting
Going on two years at CG. Pretty fun club but just can't make all their events too many. I think our next trip is the C5/C6 bash in BG. Check out the events schedule on the website
Old 01-26-2008, 08:35 AM
WickedQuik
Drifting

If you decide to start a club on the south side, or southwest side for me, Id be interested. I have not attended a meeting of CG but did go to their show last year at Day Chevrolet.

I will say it was a nice show, very well run, but like a few others here stated from the quality of cars and seeing who won awards, it seemed to me that the nicer cars were omitted, and probably the same folks winning over and over for the wrong reasons. Grant it, the judging was participant judging, and when a club brings a bunch of cars it makes it hard to beat their club, when they have so many votes and can stack the deck against other cars. This is not a CG's fault, but I try and avoid shows where the cars that should do well dont.

A few observations from attending this show last August. When I got there to enter I asked the lady at the registration desk "What do you consider modified" and she said "Anything that is more then 3 modifications puts you in the modified category" So I asked again "What is considered a modification? Aftermarket chrome, ground effects, hood, wheels, engine, exhaust, etc...anything from simple to complex in my mind consitutes a modifications otherwise you are STOCK."

She was clueless and I entered modified and found out that others with similar modifications (things done the same as my car) had entered the stock class, which really made no sense. My point, set the rules, know the rules and abide by the rules. No one even did any verification of what was STOCK vs. MODIFIED, so enter whatever category you want it makes no difference.

That being said I dont go to shows and pay $20 to enter and worry about getting the $10 trophy but it is nice to fairly rewarded for your work and effort. I get more satisfaction from talking to others and getting compliments on the work that has been done and so forth. If this sounds like a "rant" its not as I have a garage full of $10 car show trophies for my efforts and they are all collecting dust.

I agreed with the way they kept their club cars out of the overall judging and had a "show within a show" for their club cars alone. BUT, they should have done all the general show awards first, instead of their club awards first as they did. Seems they placed more emphasis on their club awards then they did the paying general public, which was who the show was for unless I am mistaken. Our club in Indianapolis which had 150+ members ran similar shows and we did the club awards last, after everyone else was awarded their trophies and after some of them had left. Just seems like the right thing to do, but just my .02 cents.

Originally Posted by chris77z28
Well shoot! I quess I'll have to start one up on the south side of Atl. All of y'all are on the Northside.?

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Clubs in Atlanta?

Old 01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Peach state posse - loose affiliation of vette nuts :-)
Corvette Atlanta - NCCC affiliated club. Unfortunately our sponsor has changed the rules for shop days and thier mechanics have to do the work :-(

However if you have work you want to do on your car a few guys in the posse have lifts in thier garages and occasionaly will have a "shop day" at thier house.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Sweet04
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Peter...

It was nice to meet you last week!

I've been in the Peach State Posse for 3 years, and have made friends who will be friends for life. They are an awesome group of folks, and you will enjoy their company.

As you already know ( ), I am also the Secretary for Corvette Atlanta. They are another awesome group of folks, and they are very dedicated to the Corvette life.

Good luck with your decision. BTW...you don't have to stop with just one club.

Happy Vette-ing.

Susan
Old 01-28-2008, 08:05 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

South side of Atlanta..here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Clubs in Atlanta?