JRD77VET
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Default STOLEN race trailer --- Dallas Texas

RECOVERED

Just found this info from Bill

Originally Posted by Bill B
Well guys, we got the bike and trailer back about an hour ago. The way it went down was sooo cool. I called the detective and she says hello, we are working the case and are on a property with one perp in custody. The guy we are looking for is around here somewhere but there is a lot of woods and...wait, they are bringing him out of the house in cuffs (he was hiding under a bed). She asks me if we had any team shirts in the trailer, we did I say, He is wearing one, she says.....please hold a minute Mr. Baxter....then I hear those magic words.....

“You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law”

I knew they were close. She talks to the guy for a minute and I hear him say that he took the bike and trailer from a meth dealer to keep it safe and it turns out he stole it from the guy who stole it, he was a dragbike fan and wanted the bike. He asked the office if he thought it would be ok to ask me for an autograph !!!! The officer said no and take that shirt off. Made him stand in the 40 degree rain with just some jeans and tennis shoes. I still wanted to smash his face.

Lots more to the story but thought I would let you guys know that the bike is home and in one piece, barely a scratch on it, the trailer is trashed, close to totaled and there was nothing in it but the bike and some debris from ripping all the cabinets out but the bike is untouched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the drag racers on another forum I'm on had his race trailer and all contents stolen today after he left for work.

The drag bike is a three cylinder Kawasaki two stroke.

Here's Bill's post
Thieves hit my house today while I was at work and got everything, bike, trailer, pit bike, generator even the lawn chairs. Took everything race related including our record setting bike. Please keep your eyes open for them;

Appears that they were watching the house and hit it right after my youngest left at 9:30 am. The only spark of hope is that they dropped a very fancy chrome cigarette lighter, the policeman's eyes lit up when he saw it.
I'm trying to get contact info if you see anything.

Thanks
Jeff

Here's Bill's email if you see anything.
baxapp@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by JRD77VET; 12-14-2007 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Dragbike has been RECOVERED
Old 12-07-2007, 12:41 PM
dfwroadkill
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

We had our 32' gooseneck stolen at our business in Hurst a couple of months back. It sucks! So I sympathize with this dude.

Ours was covered by insurance which helped. Just got the new one in. Though anything can be defeated, this one is protected by multiple layers of security.

Best of luck to the dude that lost his trailer!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Corvette Don
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

F'N theives, kill them all, good luck man I hope you/they find it
Old 12-08-2007, 04:08 PM
JRD77VET
Team Owner

Here's some of the pics Bill put up of his stuff.

There were lots of one-off parts on the bike:

The starter cart is the only one of its kind, just look for the cheezy welds:

The sticker on the back door is probably gone already but its one of a kind:

Chris Ritchie made this slider cover, the only one of its kind:

Greig Frankham made this side cover, the only one of its kind:

Paul Kondracki at Fabrication Motorsports made the rear axle and brake hanger/bolts, they are all one-off.

Thanks for looking

Jeff
Old 12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
JRD77VET
Team Owner

Bill got it back

Well guys, we got the bike and trailer back about an hour ago. The way it went down was sooo cool. I called the detective and she says hello, we are working the case and are on a property with one perp in custody. The guy we are looking for is around here somewhere but there is a lot of woods and...wait, they are bringing him out of the house in cuffs (he was hiding under a bed). She asks me if we had any team shirts in the trailer, we did I say, He is wearing one, she says.....please hold a minute Mr. Baxter....then I hear those magic words.....

“You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law”

I knew they were close. She talks to the guy for a minute and I hear him say that he took the bike and trailer from a meth dealer to keep it safe and it turns out he stole it from the guy who stole it, he was a dragbike fan and wanted the bike. He asked the office if he thought it would be ok to ask me for an autograph !!!! The officer said no and take that shirt off. Made him stand in the 40 degree rain with just some jeans and tennis shoes. I still wanted to smash his face.

Lots more to the story but thought I would let you guys know that the bike is home and in one piece, barely a scratch on it, the trailer is trashed, close to totaled and there was nothing in it but the bike and some debris from ripping all the cabinets out but the bike is untouched.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Corvette Don
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

GLAD you got it back
Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
DaveL82
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad the bike is back in the right hands! I love the sound of multi cylinder 2 storke bikes and wish I'd never sold my RD400.

One of these days I'd like to build a cafe bike or 70's race replica up from a 2 stroke machine

Get notified of new replies

To STOLEN race trailer --- Dallas Texas

Quick Reply: STOLEN race trailer --- Dallas Texas