C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aUTOZONE now has key fob testers in their stores

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default aUTOZONE now has key fob testers in their stores

Was in the Autozone store yesterday and saw a display selling key fob batteries. On the top left of it was a FOB TESTER. You press a button on it (looks like a big oversized fob) and then press a button on your key fob.

My Montanna fob lit up the LED very brightly. The C5 fob was very dim.
Has to get it almost next to the receiver but it works fine on the car. Maybe the battery in my fob is getting low. I am not going to CHANGE it till it doesn't work.
LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE.
If you have a fob that DOESN'T WORK you can at least see if it is putting out a RF signal. BIGHANK
Old 10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Chuck01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fob

I have problems with my Fob all the time. My Trailblazer fobs work awesome, but my C5 Fobs work sometimes and I usually have to tap them against the window to make them work. Drives me nuts.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Rocket02
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck01
I have problems with my Fob all the time. My Trailblazer fobs work awesome, but my C5 Fobs work sometimes and I usually have to tap them against the window to make them work. Drives me nuts.
Mine was like that until I changed the battery. I found that the battery in my motherboards are the same ones in my key fobs and their free.

Get notified of new replies

To aUTOZONE now has key fob testers in their stores

Quick Reply: aUTOZONE now has key fob testers in their stores