Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] SALE - Catch Can SALE !!! - Elite Engineering

Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Elite Engineering
Supporting Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
St. jude Donor '14

Default SALE - Catch Can SALE !!! - Elite Engineering

We have received a lot of requests to run some type of Sale or Group Purchase on our popular PCV Oil Catch Cans. After some solid weeks of manufacturing, we have finally built our inventory up to the point where I feel we could support a Sale.

This sale is exclusive to Corvette Forum members only. And you can only find this special pricing through the following link:

http://eliteengineeringusa.com/Catch_Can_GP.html

It's what's inside the Catch Can that counts.....with our stainless steel internal diffuser, we feel this is the best Catch Can on the market. Designed and tested exclusively on a LSX Corvette. It has quickly become the Catch Can of choice for many of the Corvette Forum Auto Tuners.

While supplies last, Available in Silver, Black, Red, and Blue.

Complete kit with all clamps, hose, and hardware for an easy installation, plus free shipping!
$125.00 Shipped to your door!

Check out our website for more information and pictures!
Attached Images  

Click for Elite Engineering
Old 10-15-2007, 06:09 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are these for the C6 Z06? if so where do they mount in the engine compartment?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:53 PM
fop91
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know this to
Old 10-15-2007, 09:05 PM
ramairws6
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

This is a very nice piece!I have one on my F-Body and I love it. I paid more for it though. Traver
Old 10-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Bristol
Racer

I received the PVC Oil Catch Can yesterday, and it is beautiful and built perfect. The problem is that the instructions do not provide for the C6 Z06. I am not sure which hose to cut and the mounting positon on the block has only one bolt hole available.

Has anybody done the installation on a C6 Z06? Any advice? Elite is closed for the week-end and I would like to install it today.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 01:53 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

All eye's and ear's are on you Bristol, please post when you get all of the answers.

I had a catch can on my C5Z and they do work, after the install I never got any more oil in the intake, but like you I didn't see any convenient place in the engine compartment to install the can.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:02 PM
CJ1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RoHo
Are these for the C6 Z06? if so where do they mount in the engine compartment?
I did not find it on the Elite website but this seems to be the same product.

http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst/catchcan.pdf

Hopefully this helps.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Bristol
Racer

Default PVC oil catch

Originally Posted by CJ1957
I did not find it on the Elite website but this seems to be the same product.

http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst/catchcan.pdf

Hopefully this helps.
That is not it. The C6 Z06 is a dry sump system and the layout is different from the C6. I have emailed Elite Engineering and will post the instructions when I get them. I hope they have done a Z06 before.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:28 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have installed the very same catch can on my Z, it connects into the PCV system just like other standard LS1/LS1 engines. It works very well and is very well made.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Bristol
Racer

Originally Posted by tjwong
I have installed the very same catch can on my Z, it connects into the PCV system just like other standard LS1/LS1 engines. It works very well and is very well made.
Can you give me some more help?

Did you find two blt hole to attach the bracket to? Did you have to remove the harness from the front of the block?

Which line did you cut to place the PVC oil drain too?

Did you put anti-seizing compound on the SS bolts so they will not react with the alumium block?

Do you havw any pictures?

Thanks for any help you cn provide,

Bristol
Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 PM
0MR Z
Former Vendor

Old 10-24-2007, 02:37 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bristol
Can you give me some more help?

Did you find two blt hole to attach the bracket to? Did you have to remove the harness from the front of the block?

Which line did you cut to place the PVC oil drain too?

Did you put anti-seizing compound on the SS bolts so they will not react with the alumium block?

Do you havw any pictures?

Thanks for any help you cn provide,

Bristol
I wil try to get some pictures for you this week. I was at the shop late tonight on my dyno working, and it looks like rain tomorrow so that means I won't be taking the Z to the shop. I was able to use the two bolt holes on the front of the right cylinder head, the bracket lines up very well using the two unused holes just next to the EVAP solenoid valve that is also mounted on the front of the head.

On another note, I removed the intake to replace it with a ported intake today, and I can tell you that 80% of the oil has been removed from getting into the manifold. The last time I removed the intake it was wet insde with oil, now while it still is getting some inside of the manifold, I estimate it to be less than 20% of what it was before the installation of the catch can.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:40 AM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Tommie, once you had the can mounted are you still able to use the stock LS7 coil covers?--------Please show us some pic's.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Bristol
Racer

Default Pvc

Originally Posted by tjwong
I wil try to get some pictures for you this week. I was at the shop late tonight on my dyno working, and it looks like rain tomorrow so that means I won't be taking the Z to the shop. I was able to use the two bolt holes on the front of the right cylinder head, the bracket lines up very well using the two unused holes just next to the EVAP solenoid valve that is also mounted on the front of the head.

On another note, I removed the intake to replace it with a ported intake today, and I can tell you that 80% of the oil has been removed from getting into the manifold. The last time I removed the intake it was wet insde with oil, now while it still is getting some inside of the manifold, I estimate it to be less than 20% of what it was before the installation of the catch can.
Wasn't one of the bolt hole used by a bracket harness? Did the canister bottom out on the water pump, and if I lift the canister up high it hits the dry sump tube.

We need pictures.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Slow Poke
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Has anyone figured out how to make this unit work with the Z06 dry sump system yet? I bought one and haven't seen anybody post the connection method yet. I don't want to cut any hoses until someone else says it will work on our cars. Thanks for any replies.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:27 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom Wong installed mine no problem....nice peice

Old 11-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Bristol
Racer

Default Empty the can

How the heck are you going to unscrew the bootom to empty the oil out?????????????

Get notified of new replies

To SALE - Catch Can SALE !!! - Elite Engineering

Old 11-17-2007, 01:38 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 594 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

I love mine !!!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:45 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bristol
How the heck are you going to unscrew the bootom to empty the oil out?????????????
Yes, I was a little disappointed to find out I'll have to unbolt it every time I want to empty it Tom said every 3 months or so but I should find out how many miles and if your style of driving affects the amount collected....anyone
Old 11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Slow Poke
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the picture. Could you take one with the beauty cover off so I can see where the oil catch can top and bottom hoses connect to? Looks like you have an aftermarket air intake due to the location of the fresh air oil breather hose. Does one of the hoses attach to the fresh air piece and the other one goes to ?? Thanks for your reply.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] SALE - Catch Can SALE !!! - Elite Engineering